Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Vitamean posted:

you're right

what if mods

quote:

or no mods people posted their glams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If you're not hanging around Limsa wearing smallclothes then it's incredibly unlikely that someone has a mod installed which makes you look naked.

If you are hanging around Limsa wearing smallclothes then probably you have a mod installed which makes you look naked.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

And in other faffing about news, I was doing sidequests to level some of my lower classes, and one of the attendants at Bronze Lake said a goldsmith needed salamander oil. I immediately got a sinking feeling.

That quest was my introduction to Godbert and I thought he was just some one-off NPC. Imagine my surprise later.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pigbuster posted:

That quest was my introduction to Godbert and I thought he was just some one-off NPC. Imagine my surprise later.

I still wear the ring you get from this quest line on almost all my glams (even if gloves hide it). I love it.

[Edit] There is actually text in Eorzean script on the band that reads “The Legacy of Dalamud - A Realm Reborn”

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 15, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Mordiceius posted:

Hell yeah, fellow solo duty liker!!!

You would be shocked at how much grousing there is here about solo duties!

I think my favorite aspect of the story of Shadowbringer is how meaningful all the supporting cast and even townsfolk npcs are to the story. In a tale of abject despair and trying to restore hope to the world the game unflinchingly hits you with pitch perfect story beats about inspiring others and them helping you, and seeing the Scions have agency and competency is a league ahead of what most other games in the same genre do, let alone what I've seen in the JRPG/RPG genres and even Square's previous works. It feels really good. If this was a single player FF it'd have one of my top three casts.

"The light of her legacy..." Yo, why are my eyes wet again and why is this catboy so good?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Qwertycoatl posted:

If you are hanging around Limsa wearing smallclothes then probably you have a mod installed which makes you look naked.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Honestly a busy as hell place like Limsa is the kind of area I'd turn off mods because it becomes a mess of bad textures and bodies not even showing up, and clothing being out of wack and general graphics glitches. Modding clothing and models is really only good for your own personal use or friends you have in gpose. Big groups of people like that tend to be too messy to keep them on

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Using my horny mods exclusively in Mor Dhona, like God intended.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Qwertycoatl posted:

If you're not hanging around Limsa wearing smallclothes then it's incredibly unlikely that someone has a mod installed which makes you look naked.

Probably not. The more popular poser tools have functions that let load in appearances and glams without changing out fits on the server side. It's how modders do things like screenshots of all the scions at the beach or the like.

What I'm saying is anyone and everyone could he nude on their side at any time.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vitamean posted:

what if mods or no mods people posted their glams

Only new glam on my end is a redo of my casual NIN.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah my mods are 100% “I want better freckles and sharp teeth and MORE SCALES and body scars and the ability to wear the npc yukata and upscaled textures”.

And honestly that’s most people who use mods unless they are trying to take sexy screenshots.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Vitamean posted:

Dancer abs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah my mods are 100% “I want better freckles and sharp teeth and MORE SCALES and body scars and the ability to wear the npc yukata and upscaled textures”.

And honestly that’s most people who use mods unless they are trying to take sexy screenshots.

I use it to get skin textures that don't look so bad and some good tattoos

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I really like the inferno jacket, but it only looks right with certain limb pieces.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Honestly a busy as hell place like Limsa is the kind of area I'd turn off mods because it becomes a mess of bad textures and bodies not even showing up, and clothing being out of wack and general graphics glitches. Modding clothing and models is really only good for your own personal use or friends you have in gpose. Big groups of people like that tend to be too messy to keep them on

Imagine the 3D models getting glitched like the mole rats in Fallout 3. Sometimes when they died they would suddenly stretch out and then flap around while making noises. Nonstop.

Now apply that to dozens of glitched dongs about 20 feet fulms long flapping around Limsa's Aetheryte...

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the problem with dong mods within the context of ffxiv isn't that u got people staring at ur dong, its that there's enough crystals on the market board, mere inches from the aetheryte, that the dong modders run a very real risk of summoning a dong primal

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Vitamean posted:

you're right

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I wish the male version of that chest piece had even a fracture of this one's power

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

S.J. posted:

I wish the male version of that chest piece had even a fracture of this one's power

Don't worry, forum dwelling Sylph. Yoshi P will bring back the best skill in the game eventually.

:v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm terrible at picking out what parts are in glams. What's the helm and the chest piece?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Don't worry, forum dwelling Sylph. Yoshi P will bring back the best skill in the game eventually.

:v:

I... what?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You said fracture instead of fraction. Fracture is a long long since deleted warrior skill which is a bit of a running joke.

I'm the joke explainer

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I got my brother to give this game a shot. On day one he asked if it was all just walking around with bad controls. Day 5 or so he is asking which version of the game to buy to get off the trial. :getin:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its all walking around with okay controls

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You did show him how to set the controls to the way he likes, right?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yes, I was confounded by controller mode for way too long since I never asked.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

I'm going to do a very similar set for my drk now that I've finally beat Eden savage and got edengrace great sword. Is that the Valkyrie helmet? I was considering using the twelve pvp helmet too

S.J.
May 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

You said fracture instead of fraction. Fracture is a long long since deleted warrior skill which is a bit of a running joke.

I'm the joke explainer

Phone posting will continue to be my bane for a long time

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
so speaking of mods, how do you actually get them? as in whats the best/safest way to download/install them? i don't really know much about them beyond the fact that they exist & some of them are pretty cool & might also let me give my suncat fangs

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

there's dalamud, and fxivcombo.

I'm sure there's a bunch more, but I don't care about my dps

e: people will try and make you feel bad for using them, but it's an MMO, we all don't have 1,000 hours to play a game and everyone else is using them anyway.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Barreft posted:

e: people will try and make you feel bad for using them, but it's an MMO, we all don't have 1,000 hours to play a game and everyone else is using them anyway.
People aren't wrong if they give you poo poo about actually cheating, but like .01% of mods give you an actual advantage so that probably isn't relevant. Unless you're one of the loving moron devs who thinks using a jukebox plugin is 'cheating', in which case who cares what they think anyway.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Forgive the Prae lighting and dialog, but I'm doing this during Prae.

The reason I use body mods is for the body scars I have that require them.

But the real, most important reason I used mods overall is...

bnnuy

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Selane posted:

People aren't wrong if they give you poo poo about actually cheating, but like .01% of mods give you an actual advantage so that probably isn't relevant. Unless you're one of the loving moron devs who thinks using a jukebox plugin is 'cheating', in which case who cares what they think anyway.

Oh I wasn't talking about actual cheat mods, I have no knowledge in that area but I'm against that yeah

I just can't wait for the patch so we can talk about something besides pretty pretty princess dressup.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm going to do a very similar set for my drk now that I've finally beat Eden savage and got edengrace great sword. Is that the Valkyrie helmet? I was considering using the twelve pvp helmet too

It’s a level 60 crafted one. Not really sure of the name but it’s probably cheap on the mb

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Barreft posted:

Oh I wasn't talking about actual cheat mods, I have no knowledge in that area but I'm against that yeah

I just can't wait for the patch so we can talk about something besides pretty pretty princess dressup.

Bad news friend, after the patch we will be talking about glowy pretty princess dressup.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Barreft posted:

everyone else is using them anyway

Lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Barreft posted:

I'm not. I don't even run act. I make my raid leader do that.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

oh i'm speaking as a solo player. I don't have the time to raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Even if you count ACT as a mod, mod users are probably a tiny minority.