Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

American McGay posted:

No one asked.

no but they're talkin about it so i'm gonna jump in too

also, eat poo poo yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Been playing Splat2n, to refresh myself on what weapons I liked and all, and I can't believe people are still just dancing in a corner and then killing me when all I want to do is paint. Why can't we live and let live?

in this world, it's splat or be splatted

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I jumped on Splat2 after getting hype from the direct and got immediately pulverized. Guess the only people still playing are the real diehards.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

also, eat poo poo yourself

fail

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

I jumped on Splat2 after getting hype from the direct and got immediately pulverized. Guess the only people still playing are the real diehards.

the japanese are brutal op

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Been playing Splat2n, to refresh myself on what weapons I liked and all, and I can't believe people are still just dancing in a corner and then killing me when all I want to do is paint. Why can't we live and let live?

While everyone's trying so hard splat each other, I like to find a nice quiet corner on the other side of the map and color.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

One of the things I liked about the first Xenoblade Chronicles was how streamlined the side quests were. A lot of them were still bog standard hunt and fetch quests, but it was nice that they completed and you got the EXP and rewards as soon as you did the thing.

I didn’t know what to think of Xenoblade Chronicles 3’s way of doing side quests at first. Listening in on soldiers’ conversations and then having a conversation with your party to discuss how to go about solving the problem seemed like adding unnecessary steps and a regression from XBC1 at first. But now I’m in the groove of the game and see the overall loop and I think it’s actually pretty smart. Liberating the colonies doesn’t solve all their problems, and from their perspective, half your party are the enemy, and the other half are traitors. So overall it’s a pretty clever way of merging sidequests with worldbuilding.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

splatoon3 should do a poo poo and piss theme

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mr.Acula posted:

poo poo piss and barf for next splatfest.

You'd better believe the paint colors are gonna match for that one.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
just thought of a random question which demonstrates my unique brand of twisted humor :twisted:

How much poop eating should there be in a video game?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Having your party gather and discuss every sidequest and their reason for doing it (and sometimes random asides like "what's your favorite monster") owns bones and more games should do it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

American McGay posted:

Yeah it was rough going, after sticking to my dedicated weapon I managed to come out on top a couple of times. There were some fresh faces though like lvl 6 and all and I felt kinda bad.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

One of the things I liked about the first Xenoblade Chronicles was how streamlined the side quests were. A lot of them were still bog standard hunt and fetch quests, but it was nice that they completed and you got the EXP and rewards as soon as you did the thing.

I didn’t know what to think of Xenoblade Chronicles 3’s way of doing side quests at first. Listening in on soldiers’ conversations and then having a conversation with your party to discuss how to go about solving the problem seemed like adding unnecessary steps and a regression from XBC1 at first. But now I’m in the groove of the game and see the overall loop and I think it’s actually pretty smart. Liberating the colonies doesn’t solve all their problems, and from their perspective, half your party are the enemy, and the other half are traitors. So overall it’s a pretty clever way of merging sidequests with worldbuilding.

Xenoblade 1 had sidequests like that too where you had to report back to an NPC and hear their whole story, it just also had a bunch of throwaway quests added on top of those to give you exp.

juicefest
Jun 12, 2022

American McGay posted:

There are still plenty of terrible players/children playing you just have to play during daytime for north america. I play at night, though, and there's usually at least one extremely sweaty japanese player with 15+ splats per match.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Augus posted:

Xenoblade 1 had sidequests like that too where you had to report back to an NPC and hear their whole story, it just also had a bunch of throwaway quests added on top of those to give you exp.

I mostly remember the throwaway ones.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Trigger warning, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Aq-gm3An0

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Detective No. 27 posted:

That and the collectipedia tab under quests is for the less interesting “just collect stuff” style tasks with proper side quests all having some degree of story to them. So for collecting quests they’re streamlined even more since you don’t have to accept them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I barely played Spla2n, and I am super pumped for 3 :toot:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Now someone just needs to have this happening but directly into someone's mouth and you'll have the ultimate edgy indie game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mr.Acula posted:

They already did blood vs. cum. Granted, they tried to cover it up as ketchup vs. mayo, but they didn't fool anyone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mega64 posted:

They already did blood vs. cum. Granted, they tried to cover it up as ketchup vs. mayo, but they didn't fool anyone.

freak

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

is it really so hard to not be publicly horny about splatoon

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Muscle Tracer posted:

is it really so hard to not be publicly horny about splatoon
Easy, just play some kirby. Maybe some wingspan. No problems, just chill.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

B33rChiller posted:

Easy, just play some kirby. Maybe some wingspan. No problems, just chill.

Why do you hate the thread this much?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mega64 posted:

sigh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

That and the collectipedia tab under quests is for the less interesting “just collect stuff” style tasks with proper side quests all having some degree of story to them. So for collecting quests they’re streamlined even more since you don’t have to accept them.

in Xenoblade 2 they shifted that stuff over to the affinity trees for blades which is really annoying when they’re blocking off a field skill you want and also you can’t track them like you can sidequests

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

speaking of, 50 hours into xbc3. still rules

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

It's gonna be hard to decide between Triangle Strategy and Tactics Ogre.

I played a lot of Ogre Battle on SNES and the nostalgia might carry me through.

Triangle Strategy is excellent. Just started two weeks ago and loving every minute.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hadji murad posted:

Triangle Strategy is excellent. Just started two weeks ago and loving every minute.

TriStrat is really, really good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I do really like the way Xenoblade 3 does sidequests, my one concern is that since the info dialogues aren't marked on the map, I'm worried I'll end up missing something. I try to do a thorough check of every colony every so often but it would be nice if there were some more indication of what's available.

Overall I'm absolutely loving the game. My one other complaint is that it's a bit frustrating that I'm 3 chapters in and still only have one single skill on one single class that can inflict Break, and it's not even a master skill. So I either have to keep someone at a maxed out Swordfighter at all times, or I straight up can't do the major combos. I'm hoping it's not gonna be too long before I get a break master skill and don't have to worry about it any more.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Mega64 posted:

Not sure why hes probed and im not

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Thread stop being weird, Waverace64 is coming this week
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1559344460357566464

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's no pilotwings but I'll take it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYv6uEcd1Q

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finally the Nintendo Switch will have nice water

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

CBD Corndog posted:

fond memories of my friend in 5th grade arguing, almost to the point of tears, that it was pronounced Waver Ace and people who rode jet skis competitively were called wavers

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Acula posted:

An act of penance before the next game comes out.

On topic- I just recently got around to trying Tetris 99 when the "get some of the old themes" thing came up last week. It's actually alot more of a chill game when you just have something other than the Tetris music playing the whole time. I kinda wish they would have picked different tracks for the Metroid skin though.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Len posted:

Why do you hate the thread this much?

I'm sorry. I don't know, is it a bad port? I saw it in the shop, and I dig playing it on pc. Or did I re-open a can of worms that I didn't know about?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

CBD Corndog posted:

Ok Nintendo I'll pay for the expansion pass now.

It's time I finally defeat that dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Mr.Acula posted:

I can oblige you