Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Would you mind providing some additional details or insight on how I could better improve my EVE Online posts and reinforce the comedic attributes for future reference?

Never posting again would be a good start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
:justpost: and apply ignore as necessary

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Thank you for your feedback Frank!

Would you mind providing some additional details or insight on how I could better improve my EVE Online posts and reinforce the comedic attributes for future reference? I take my spaceship game related posting(s) very seriously, and constantly implement improvements on a daily basis as I strive for self-betterment, and persistently set new objectives / goals for myself regarding my online New Eden affiliated forums thread dialogue. You're an incredibly entertaining person and have so much to contribute towards this thread topic - would love to hear from you and what wisdom you could share!

My favorite ship to fly is the FRIENDSHIP, and you're my co-pilot, let us take to the stars together and see what we can offer one another!!

Didn’t read lol

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Shut the gently caress up forever.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

this is the forum that found barack obama's long form birth certificate so you're going to have to do better than that, bill

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Jazzzzz posted:

:justpost: and apply ignore as necessary

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

dragonshardz posted:

Shut the gently caress up forever.

that's not how the phrase goes

-1 Hufflepuff Amarr

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so im doing that thing i do every 2 years where im kind of bored of the games I have and im waiting for stuff like elden ring dlc or halo forge and the boys don't have a game we're playing together. is this game still absolute aids to play alone or is it a little better now. i kind of miss playing minesweeper after yolo jumping into nullsec via wormholes to get that juicy scrap. is that still a thing that's worth doing? because for some reason i want to be distracted by trying to pay attention to local chat while reading a book.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

so im doing that thing i do every 2 years where im kind of bored of the games I have and im waiting for stuff like elden ring dlc or halo forge and the boys don't have a game we're playing together. is this game still absolute aids to play alone or is it a little better now. i kind of miss playing minesweeper after yolo jumping into nullsec via wormholes to get that juicy scrap. is that still a thing that's worth doing? because for some reason i want to be distracted by trying to pay attention to local chat while reading a book.

You can always play EVE Online, there are many ways to play it from laid back semi-AFK PVE things to adrenaline pumping PVP action.
Will you make a fortune salvaging wrecks? Probably not. You can fit a cormorant with a bunch of salavagers and maybe 1 or 2 tractor beams so it won't be too expensive if you keep loosing them. Ventures and gas mining could be a thing too and slightly more profitable. If you are interested in a small gang to start with a hardcore wormhole experience, you could join goosefleet. If you want a large scale adventure, try GSF as we do what we always do, roll around the galaxy like a giant wrecking ball. The OP also points to some alternative groups I think, you can check those out or just stay solo and try your own adventures. It's a sandbox, lots of things in it, but you can make your own story and follow your own path.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Elblanco posted:

I've got a weird question. The last time I played was early 2021 and I was in goonfleet, but went inactive and got kicked but was near the imperium hw when I last logged out. What happens if I log back in? Some friends and I are looking into rolling in factional warfare together and I'd like to use my pilot again.

Depends, if you last logged off in a null sec player own station, your stuff would be moved to the nearest lowsec NPC station and dumped into a Asset Recovery container. You pay a percentage of what the value is for all items in that container.

If you had gear in multiple player own stations, each one would end up in a different low sec NPC station. And no, CCP will not merge all the Asset containers into one station. You have to physically fly to the station to pay the fee.

If you logged off in a null sec NPC station, CCP will move ONE ship and all of its contents to a low sec NPC station free of charge. This does not go into Recovery so you have to fill up the whole cargo bay with the most expensive stuff if you want it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Stuff would only go to asset safety if the structure was destroyed IIRC, if the structure is still alive the asset will still be there but you have no way of getting it out if you're neutral to whoever owns it

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Stuff would only go to asset safety if the structure was destroyed IIRC, if the structure is still alive the asset will still be there but you have no way of getting it out if you're neutral to whoever owns it

You can manually send poo poo to asset safety :v:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Does anyone have an update on the war? After last month, I moved back to delve and have been doing Corp logistics, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Feliday Melody posted:

Does anyone have an update on the war? After last month, I moved back to delve and have been doing Corp logistics, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

The imperium controls the two constellations into Detorid. PH has moved their entire supercap fleet down to Detorid and promised their guys a “proper war,” but won’t leave Detorid for it. Now that we’ve secured the routes into and out of Detorid, we are burning down all the poo poo behind us that we bypassed, while PH is likely to do gently caress all besides sit in Detorid and spin that somehow into a win.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

andromache posted:

The imperium controls the two constellations into Detorid. PH has moved their entire supercap fleet down to Detorid and promised their guys a “proper war,” but won’t leave Detorid for it. Now that we’ve secured the routes into and out of Detorid, we are burning down all the poo poo behind us that we bypassed, while PH is likely to do gently caress all besides sit in Detorid and spin that somehow into a win.

I wish that we would attack something that the enemy had no choice but to contest.

This war has not been very fun. As opposed to the first 3-4 weeks of GEF, which was a ton of fun.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 13, 2022

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
If there isn’t a station named Detorid Rock City then you all can gently caress off.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

andromache posted:

Without getting into specifics, how much big dick energy does their super/titan fleet have after M2?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

NC and Horde have a super fleet at least on par with the imperiums. PL has quite a few supers per capita. No idea about FI.RE but XIX didnt deploy heavily to delve during wwb2

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
XiX doesn't have supers in meaningful numbers (Ones without hyper rigs at least)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Ugh. Keflavik again.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Rust Martialis posted:

Ugh. Keflavik again.

bam margera was arrested at this airport

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Baculus posted:

bam margera was arrested at this airport

i love you flybus kiosk you my only friend at the end of a 9 hour flight

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Putting the 'goon' in Blue Lagoon

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rust Martialis posted:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Should I go see the Eve Monument?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rust Martialis posted:

Should I go see the Eve Monument?

Yes, but mainly because it's right in front of this cool little museum

https://reykjavikcitymuseum.is/reykjavik-maritime-museum

There are a couple of moored museum ships ships you can tour, an old coastal patrol cutter and a fishing vessel iirc.

That museum is next door to where CCP's HQ used to be back during when most of us played.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Checking buses here and it looks like 'not this time'... I'd be in the city just after 1pm and need the 2pm flybys to Keflavik.

Blah.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rust Martialis posted:

Keflavik used to be OK for a while, but it's sunk to Stansted levels of unpleasant. However, if flying to the US, the ability to break the flight midway westbound and ease the muscles at the Blue Lagoon is indeed a pleasant option.

garter_snake
Feb 13, 2012

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Yo I thought we agreed to talk about EVE and not the EVE Online SA guild Goonswarm you guys don't want to be a part of but are still mad you're banned from even though you seriously have no desire to join it but think you should be able to because even if you wanted to reaffiliate, although you totally don't want to, it should be an option

Let's address the real problem here that I, myself, bigbillthaboss3, was absolutely 100% correct in predicting the butterfly effect from nerfing super capitals, rorquals, and nullsec PVE over the last couple years, you can please refer to me as BigBillThaBosstradamous from now on.

Who would have thought that removing the greatest source of content generation (spoiler: it was rorquals and supers in space) would somehow have a negative impact on overall player activity.

LMAO where the gently caress is bomber's barr after the obliterated their own loving play style by perpetually screeching on Reddit about how a stealth bomber should be able to kill a titan without any resistance??

I think your analysis is warped. The nerf caused a dropoff because it hosed over a whole generation of eve players who grew up in the post world war ree environment and had to deal with the shock of suddenly being income poor. But the environment it created is closer to the post-wwb1 era, when the game was fairly healthy.

Supercapital PVE and the umbrellas that enabled them did lead to larger fights, but at the cost of the more numerous mid-scale fights that defined eve prior to that era. As a thought experiment, think back to those prime times and list in your head the FCs/groups that were running those supercap hunting ops . Now make another list in your head of the amount of FCs/groups that could put together a bunch of cruisers, run through hostile space and kill domis/vnis and camp gates until a response formed, and fight that. For me, the latter number is much higher. The analogy extends to black-ops as well; groups that can blops marauders are much more common then those that can threaten nyxes.

I think the game will be fine as new players come on and new orgs form in the empty spaces that were rotted open during the rorqual era. But it's going to be slow for a bit until then.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

garter_snake posted:

I think your analysis is warped. The nerf caused a dropoff because it hosed over a whole generation of eve players who grew up in the post world war ree environment and had to deal with the shock of suddenly being income poor. But the environment it created is closer to the post-wwb1 era, when the game was fairly healthy.

Supercapital PVE and the umbrellas that enabled them did lead to larger fights, but at the cost of the more numerous mid-scale fights that defined eve prior to that era. As a thought experiment, think back to those prime times and list in your head the FCs/groups that were running those supercap hunting ops . Now make another list in your head of the amount of FCs/groups that could put together a bunch of cruisers, run through hostile space and kill domis/vnis and camp gates until a response formed, and fight that. For me, the latter number is much higher. The analogy extends to black-ops as well; groups that can blops marauders are much more common then those that can threaten nyxes.

I think the game will be fine as new players come on and new orgs form in the empty spaces that were rotted open during the rorqual era. But it's going to be slow for a bit until then.

You gotta be real optimistic to look at EVE and say, "the game will be fine". Naive even.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Dalael posted:

You gotta be real optimistic to look at EVE and say, "the game will be fine". Naive even.

I'm hopeful but deep down I know it's a doomed game.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

garter_snake posted:

I think the game will be fine as new players come on...

Hey man... sit down, I think we all need to talk to you about something.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Hey man... sit down, I think we all need to talk to you about something.

Indeed, indeed, good posting oft before
You swore — but were you sober when you swore?
And then and then came the new thread, and cheetos-in-hand
Your poo poo posts the new thread apieces tore

almighty fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 16, 2022

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
My home station is ZMV now, and the other day I asked about re-shipping at the staging station. I’m still flying free frigates. Someone gave me four Rifters that were unfit, which I really appreciate (really appreciate!!!), but this is again foreign to me: how do I fit these Rifters when my market is in 1DQ?

I am familiar with how to import fits and buy a “kit (my word)” individually, and don’t mind spending my cash to kit them out. But I’m nervous about the correct “procedure” to do this. Do I need to ship all four Rifters I assembled to 1DQ and fit each one, then fly fitted ships back to staging? Do I need to basically buy four fittings’ worth of parts and ship all them to ZMV, followed by assembly/fitting them?
I’m not sure of a safe way to do this, besides buying my kits and waiting for a move op to the new station. I don’t own anything but frigates (and one Thrasher), and can’t really afford to buy 14M ISK in parts and a cargo ship of some kind just to fit my (greatly appreciated) new hulls. I have the money to buy stuff, but I can’t really afford to lose it all + a new hauler if someone blew it up in that series of jumps (which has happened with a couple of free t1 vigils over the last week or two).

I don’t mind them getting destroyed on a fleet action, and I’m fully ready to buy parts and lose Rifters while having fun in a big fight or four…but I really don’t want to lose them all in a slow trucker ship while moving alone. Some days I have hours of play but no move ops, and other days I’m aware of move ops in advance but can’t log on because of RL time conflicts. 95% of my in-game time is spent in PVP fleets late-night US, so I don’t exactly have money faucets like PI, or even own a salvaging or mining ship of any kind. I haven’t had to worry because I have isk available from many generous goons, but because I’m happily learning the game while flying fitted handouts, I wouldn’t feel good losing stuff simply because I didn’t ask first about a newbee issue.

I don’t mind paying a dedicated hauler, either, but thought that was mainly a “buy stuff from Jita” solution. If there is a good source online for a space trucking DIY, or tips for doing this, I would like to get it done in the next few days…but if the best answer is simply “do best to log on ready to go on a scheduled move op” I’ll be happy, too. I just figured I’d ask before doing something dumb and losing donated gear because of my chaotic scheduling from one day to the next!

As an aside, the person who gave me the Rifters also gave me like ten Caldari shuttles (to fly safer between Delve and Tenerifis because he saw me moving in a naked clone+corvette) but they’re not exactly large cargo movers. Still much better than autopiloting in a capsule, which I thought was just a normal running-between-systems mode because rats on gates kept destroying my corvettes. Links/videos/advice are all welcome!

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

My home station is ZMV now, and the other day I asked about re-shipping at the staging station. I’m still flying free frigates. Someone gave me four Rifters that were unfit, which I really appreciate (really appreciate!!!), but this is again foreign to me: how do I fit these Rifters when my market is in 1DQ?

I am familiar with how to import fits and buy a “kit (my word)” individually, and don’t mind spending my cash to kit them out. But I’m nervous about the correct “procedure” to do this. Do I need to ship all four Rifters I assembled to 1DQ and fit each one, then fly fitted ships back to staging? Do I need to basically buy four fittings’ worth of parts and ship all them to ZMV, followed by assembly/fitting them?
I’m not sure of a safe way to do this, besides buying my kits and waiting for a move op to the new station. I don’t own anything but frigates (and one Thrasher), and can’t really afford to buy 14M ISK in parts and a cargo ship of some kind just to fit my (greatly appreciated) new hulls. I have the money to buy stuff, but I can’t really afford to lose it all + a new hauler if someone blew it up in that series of jumps (which has happened with a couple of free t1 vigils over the last week or two).

I don’t mind them getting destroyed on a fleet action, and I’m fully ready to buy parts and lose Rifters while having fun in a big fight or four…but I really don’t want to lose them all in a slow trucker ship while moving alone. Some days I have hours of play but no move ops, and other days I’m aware of move ops in advance but can’t log on because of RL time conflicts. 95% of my in-game time is spent in PVP fleets late-night US, so I don’t exactly have money faucets like PI, or even own a salvaging or mining ship of any kind. I haven’t had to worry because I have isk available from many generous goons, but because I’m happily learning the game while flying fitted handouts, I wouldn’t feel good losing stuff simply because I didn’t ask first about a newbee issue.

I don’t mind paying a dedicated hauler, either, but thought that was mainly a “buy stuff from Jita” solution. If there is a good source online for a space trucking DIY, or tips for doing this, I would like to get it done in the next few days…but if the best answer is simply “do best to log on ready to go on a scheduled move op” I’ll be happy, too. I just figured I’d ask before doing something dumb and losing donated gear because of my chaotic scheduling from one day to the next!

As an aside, the person who gave me the Rifters also gave me like ten Caldari shuttles (to fly safer between Delve and Tenerifis because he saw me moving in a naked clone+corvette) but they’re not exactly large cargo movers. Still much better than autopiloting in a capsule, which I thought was just a normal running-between-systems mode because rats on gates kept destroying my corvettes. Links/videos/advice are all welcome!

PM me your eve character. Or post it here if you can't PM. Whatever you are more character with.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

andromache posted:

PM me your eve character. Or post it here if you can't PM. Whatever you are more character with.

PM sent. Thanks!

Of course, any advice itt still accepted! I really am having fun with Eve and getting blown up for missing the titan jump bridge (what? I don’t see “titan” anywhere on my overview!!! Lol), then navigating back to the fleet was like my whole first month as Omega 🤩

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

PM sent. Thanks!

Of course, any advice itt still accepted! I really am having fun with Eve and getting blown up for missing the titan jump bridge (what? I don’t see “titan” anywhere on my overview!!! Lol), then navigating back to the fleet was like my whole first month as Omega 🤩

Isk sent. Use it to fly ships that are reimbursable in the affordablecare app, and take advantage of Goonwaffe's double SRP.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

andromache posted:

Isk sent. Use it to fly ships that are reimbursable in the affordablecare app, and take advantage of Goonwaffe's double SRP.

1) Thank you!

2) My intent was not to beg, but goons have made the game very easy for me (I learned “don’t worry about SRP losing free frigates!”). I fully intend to lose all my ships, I just didn’t want to spend somebody else’s isk and lose millions doing something dumb on my own. I just want to lose them for a good cause, and filling up a venture with expanded cargo holds full of Rifter guts only to have NPCs blow me up on a gate seemed like a dumb move without at least asking around first 🤨. I moved my Slashers and Vigils one at at time to GE-8, and am old friends with GS_Frigates and GSfits…sometimes I can’t log on for more than thirty minutes, and want to have poo poo ready in staging when I actually can log on for a night is all. So I have to be efficient with my game time in order to have fun tackling my FC and mea culp-ing to amuse the vets (I was on my second or third fleet, navigating back to GE-, and had the brilliant idea to lock on to my FC to keep him in sight…when a neut popped out on a gate so I immediately scrammed “him” without noticing I had re-locked my FC instead of the bad guy. It took me a second to realize he’d jumped back through but I still had a “target” locked and scrammed 😄).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Begging is not shameful when starting out.

The way money scaled in this game, elder goons will throw amounts at you that seem like fortunes to you, but to them are pocket change.

Also many of them got the same treatment, pay it forward in the future (lol this game has no future)