Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Release date Q3/2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

high res textures mean nothing to me these days if u want to impress me make your vid a 30 minute deep dive into the MCDU functionality

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Marvel Cinematic Dong Universe?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Multifunction(?) Control and Data Unit or something like that.

The graphing calculator looking thing next to the pilot's knee that serves as the interface to "the computer". Where you enter flight plans and performance settings etc.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

This is a dumb question since I've been playing XP11 for years now but...

Does XP11 not have built in rain graphics? I know there's the librain library/mod, but that's aircraft dependent and also apparently that was broken by the transition to Vulkan.

I ask because I was messing with the NOAA Weather Python3 plug in and was testing out bad weather areas, and even with the METAR showing rain, there was nothing showing in the sim.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Franckly funny :imunfunny:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

froody guy posted:

Franckly funny :imunfunny:

What would Fr*nch developers know about a distant country like Germany.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Bit of MSFS news today:

- The Dr Killer is the new Famous Flyer. It's another Carenado plane, so I'll probably wait for some reviews but at the same time ~$20 CDN for a steam gauge Bonanza with a 530 seems like a deal.

- Sim Update 10 is delayed 2 weeks. I've been on the beta since the start and overall it's been pretty good but needs a bit more time in the oven imo. The delay is good news.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Rot posted:

Bit of MSFS news today:

- The Dr Killer is the new Famous Flyer. It's another Carenado plane, so I'll probably wait for some reviews but at the same time ~$20 CDN for a steam gauge Bonanza with a 530 seems like a deal.

Glad to see the Lawn Dart getting some love.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

GreatGreen posted:

Glad to see the Lawn Dart getting some love.

they didn't announce a Starfighter tho?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Rot posted:

Bit of MSFS news today:

- Sim Update 10 is delayed 2 weeks. I've been on the beta since the start and overall it's been pretty good but needs a bit more time in the oven imo. The delay is good news.

If only we had a working 530, *checks* 24 months after release day and counting.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Sapozhnik posted:

If only we had a working 530, *checks* 24 months after release day and counting.

:( :hf: :(

However, all hope is not lost: one of the Working Title guys announced on their Discord that a 430/530 is coming by the end of the year. Those will become the default like the G100NXi has.

In the meantime, I've been using this in the Turbo Arrow and it's definitely an improvement over stock:

https://github.com/pimarc/pms50-gns530

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
It is but it's the same sort of mod as the earlier WT mods that predate their first-party work, in the sense that it hacks around a small handful of the many defects in the stock FMS instead of replacing it, so it has all the usual issues stemming from that. For example the APR mode in the simulation of the KAP140 breaks completely if the default FMS thinks it's in a so-called "USER" leg despite the fact that these are supposed to be completely separate systems. The waypoint sequencing for approach procedures in the base FMS is just turbofucked in general.

The G1000 NXi handles all this stuff correctly afaict except for some cosmetic issues (on the ND it draws a line from the destination airport to the selected procedure's initial approach fix). I hope the new Working Title GNS530W is released soon, it's the only thing I've been waiting for in the sim ever since it was announced back in, I dunno, February. The G3000 and CJ4 overhauls also undoubtedly look great but between them they affect three first-party planes (maybe the Hondajet too?), whereas the KAP140+GNS530 overhaul affects most of the third-party planes released to date, and we'll have to wait for third-party developers to integrate these overhauls into their planes as well. As I understand it the Working Title autopilot code is not a drop-in replacement for the AP built into the sim.

Also I hope JustFlight release their tradgauge King Air soon :flashfap:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1560469025825726515

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Oof, too real

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Found this sneak peak of the MSFS Helicopters on a small part of YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gkRi3ud0MQ

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Does anyone have any info about the implementation of the Diamond DA50 RG in MSFS? I don't really know how it works, but apparently Aerobask is making it for X-Plane, while the Got Friends fellas are working on the model for MSFS. Yet, this thread looks a bit dead to me.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Marvel Cinematic Dong Universe?

Jon Hamm joins the MCU.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So world update 11 in Sept seem to be confirmed as Canada?

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Since MSFS already had a Cirrus, adding a V-tail Bonanza now means MSFS can simulate killing both doctors and techbros in plane crashes.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Wicaeed posted:

Now I just wish someone would make an Apache and a Comanche for MSFS.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

slidebite posted:

So world update 11 in Sept seem to be confirmed as Canada?

Hoping CYBW gets accurate buildings, that'd be pretty sweet for me.

Wicaeed posted:

Very cool. The HPG A135 is already pretty drat awesome (as a non-helicopter-pilot) but actual support for helicopters means hopefully you'll be able to do things like land on buildings and such.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Now I just wish someone would make an Apache and a Comanche for MSFS.

MSFS is the first game that can top Comanche in terrain graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1u3EoN-6V0

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

PT6A posted:

Hoping CYBW gets accurate buildings, that'd be pretty sweet for me.

Very cool. The HPG A135 is already pretty drat awesome (as a non-helicopter-pilot) but actual support for helicopters means hopefully you'll be able to do things like land on buildings and such.

Support for helipads on buildings would be sick nasty. I don’t think it’s gonna happen though. Would land on Burj Khalifa 😎

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

lobsterminator posted:

Goddamn that is impressive for 90s era PC games.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Bentai posted:

Goddamn that is impressive for 90s era PC games.

They made good use of Voxels (3D pixels) on those games. I remember being impressed at how well it looked and ran.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The reflections of the sky on the water is the most impressive part. That's wild for 1992.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Inner Light posted:

Support for helipads on buildings would be sick nasty. I don’t think it’s gonna happen though. Would land on Burj Khalifa 😎

It’s a little hit and miss, but you can already land on a ton of buildings.

Squido
May 21, 2005
Ask me about being a paedophile.

MrYenko posted:

It’s a little hit and miss, but you can already land on a ton of buildings.

Pretty much the first thing I did when I got the game. Not quite the Burj Khalifa but not far away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CgwuJdx5oI

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

lobsterminator posted:

Personally, I loved the Enemy Engaged: Comanche/hokum. I always thought Novalogic kind of sucked.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Cool modular keyboard + knob thingy. The keys on their own are not too interesting, but the possibility to add those knobs would be great for simming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z132qLr78tY

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

lobsterminator posted:

Cool modular keyboard + knob thingy. The keys on their own are not too interesting, but the possibility to add those knobs would be great for simming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z132qLr78tY

I can't get drawn back into mechanical keyboards and diy controllers. No.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

azflyboy posted:

Since MSFS already had a Cirrus, adding a V-tail Bonanza now means MSFS can simulate killing both doctors and techbros in plane crashes.

Who is the Icon A5 for?

Like, they were explicitly aiming at the market of people who would otherwise get a boat or a sports car.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

slidebite posted:

Personally, I loved the Enemy Engaged: Comanche/hokum. I always thought Novalogic kind of sucked.

As an aside there's a mod out for those games that make them much much better and even a little more modern.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

skooma512 posted:

Who is the Icon A5 for?

Like, they were explicitly aiming at the market of people who would otherwise get a boat or a sports car.

Drunk baseball players?

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Who is the Icon A5 for?

Anyone with the disposable income to buy an airplane that’s not marketed as anything other than a fancy toy, so techbros and impaired MLB players.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
if you wanted to fly but thought the process of learning to do so was too arduous, and you already own jetskis, ORVs and sleds, the A5 is for you.

asked in the SHSC GPU thread, but I'll post again here. I'm thinking about upgrading GPU, and targeting a used RTX 3070 or maybe 3080 from a nice goonhome when the 4000 series goes on sale and peopel upgrade. Any reason to consider AMD GPUs instead for MSFS purposes? I believe MSFS doesn't support DLSS so there's not much of a gap between AMD and nvidia cards. Any thoughts from y'all? It will be driven by a R5 3600 for what it's worth.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

skooma512 posted:

Who is the Icon A5 for?

My wife has mega rich family that live on Lake LBJ outside of Austin, TX and last time we were down there I thought "this seems like exactly the community that would buy an Icon". Turns out:
Small plane crashes into Lake LBJ; no injuries reported

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I believe MSFS doesn't support DLSS so there's not much of a gap between AMD and nvidia cards.

I think DLSS support is in the next release of MSFS coming in September?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Honestly I’d buy an A5 if I had the money. And I’d probably die.