Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah his daughter at least seems to have helped defend him from the TERFs but probably should not be using his account for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Ooohh yeah the corpse puppet account thing is creepy as hell. Permabanning dead goons is low stakes as hell but I'm glad we do it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm going to pass on my sa account in my will

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All bluechecks' children shall be interred in their tombs, to make posts in the afterlife. So was it for mighty pharoah, so also for haha funny book man.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

babypolis posted:

the recent discussion made me go look at his wiki page and i found this gem:

"In a 1995 interview with Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Pratchett expressed concern about the potential spread of misinformation online. He felt that there was a "kind of parity of esteem of information" on the internet, and gave the example of holocaust denial being presented on the same terms as peer-reviewed research, with no easy way to gauge reliability. Gates disagreed, saying that online authorities would index and check facts and sources in a much more sophisticated way than in print. The interview was rediscovered in 2019, and seen by Pratchett's biographer as prescient of fake news"

sadly, no one is perfect:

"He described The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) as his favorite video game in a 2009 interview and stated that he used many of its non-combat-oriented fan-made mods.[80] Pratchett wrote dialogue for an Oblivion mod which added a Nord companion named Vilja. He also worked on a similar mod for its sequel The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) which featured Vilja's great-great-granddaughter."

Wow he liked the one western RPG game series with lore that isn't just D&D garbo.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Tankbuster posted:

Wow he liked the one western RPG game series with lore that isn't just D&D garbo.

d&d is that way, bro

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

galagazombie posted:

Didn’t they get #cancelled for releasing a new game that was literally about glorifying abusers? I read the thread about it on SA and what I saw of it seemed to confirm it.

Beast, yeah. The dude whow rote it turned out to be an abuser and got fired and now everyone wants to forget that ever happened.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

was this posted ITT when it was new, I wasn't posting here yet

https://twitter.com/artbyhumans/status/1559195858696019968

squinting super hard at that last part

is this supposed to be some kind of bit or is he genuinely unaware of the fact that d and d is based on lord of the rings

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

is this supposed to be some kind of bit or is he genuinely unaware of the fact that d and d is based on lord of the rings

he's just a dumbass

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wendig is incredibly stupid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is the same kind of rhetoric deployed against everyone who tried to call out the Lockheed Martin person

Yeah it is super prevalent in that section of culture now. Any criticism is deemed "gamergate" if it goes against group think.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CW isn't cable.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

motherfucker looks like Tom Green if Tom Green sucked

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

RandolphCarter posted:

motherfucker looks like Tom Green if Tom Green sucked

i'd like to see a Tom Green version of Hamilton.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I've only seen 2 things from Lin Miranda, Mary Poppins returns and Encanto, and they were both terrible annoying boring and devoid of conflict or story

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Mickeyseidick/status/1559346362881392641

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Lin Manuel smashed Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew into Epic Rap Battles of History and became a millionaire

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Ooohh yeah the corpse puppet account thing is creepy as hell. Permabanning dead goons is low stakes as hell but I'm glad we do it.

Herman Cain getting murdered by covid only to have his twitter account post through it with anti-vaccine rhetoric owned tho

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Durf posted:

Lin Manuel smashed Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew into Epic Rap Battles of History and became a millionaire

Herman Cain getting murdered by covid only to have his twitter account post through it with anti-vaccine rhetoric owned tho

I thought it was more explicitly "COVID is a hoax" stuff since he died in mid 2020

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dklmarxist/status/1559327387950743564?s=20&t=uGojHFJORfdY3Vr5ujYaow

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
When i die I'm gonna become a ghost and keep posting.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

When i die I'm gonna become a ghost and keep posting.

post in the machine

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

brugroffil posted:

I thought it was more explicitly "COVID is a hoax" stuff since he died in mid 2020

ah yes even funnier

i am pleased to announce that the virus that killed me is fake and gay

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

finished Under the Banner of Heaven (mini series) last night, thought the historic flashbacks were a little low-rent history channel-ish, and the editing was p clunky at times, and the music a little schlocky/over the top, but entertaining over all. those mormons be crazy sometimes. wyatt russell was great, nepo baby gone right

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So apparently some previously unseen content of WW84 has been released,

https://twitter.com/GalGadotWWFans/status/1558955632295923713?s=20&t=RYWrSxpJ0B35TeJrrXEskQ

Wonder Woman hanging out at a nazi rally acting like a scandalized aunt is really something. I guess it falls perfectly in line with Patty Jenkins WW though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

McCloud posted:

https://twitter.com/GalGadotWWFans/status/1558955632295923713?s=20&t=RYWrSxpJ0B35TeJrrXEskQ

Wonder Woman hanging out at a nazi rally acting like a scandalized aunt is really something. I guess it falls perfectly in line with Patty Jenkins WW though

lol

she just showed up because there was free schnitzel, had no idea what she was in for

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

finished Under the Banner of Heaven (mini series) last night, thought the historic flashbacks were a little low-rent history channel-ish, and the editing was p clunky at times, and the music a little schlocky/over the top, but entertaining over all. those mormons be crazy sometimes. wyatt russell was great, nepo baby gone right

UBH was really good.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i was shocked to recently learn that Jared Harris is technically a nepotism baby, as the son of Near-Dead Dumbledore/Marcus Aurelius

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

I guess the thing with Star Wars / Warhammer novels is the demo. They want what they want, and that sure as hell isn’t a challenge. You can dress it up with genre, make it horror or crime, play with noir or westerns, but ultimately there’s a ceiling to what you’re presenting them with, even beyond being limited to the setting and not loving around with canon too much.

Still, from the author’s point of view, it seems like guaranteed pay cheques for not very much work, so again, loving that up because you’re addicted to twitter seems like a mistake.

Warhammer doesn't occupy the hallowed place in the nerd pantheon that Star Wars does. The entire thing with GW was a way to plop you into a heavy metal grimdark perilous setting and make your own dudes with which you can battle other dudes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Durf posted:

i was shocked to recently learn that Jared Harris is technically a nepotism baby, as the son of Near-Dead Dumbledore/Marcus Aurelius

wait, you're telling me an actor had a parent in the entertainment industry?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

McCloud posted:

lmao I can't believe they cut these!!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I’m just assuming the ww84 thing is a bit

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

Warhammer doesn't occupy the hallowed place in the nerd pantheon that Star Wars does. The entire thing with GW was a way to plop you into a heavy metal grimdark perilous setting and make your own dudes with which you can battle other dudes.

Don’t they have an imprint that turns out tens of novels a year though?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

WW84 owned, it certainly blew the first one out of the water

People werent prepared for a unique superhero flick that's all about the directors personal issues and not afraid to be extremely stupid and camp

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Keeping the physical contact rule on the wish magic was cool with having to set up giant handshake lines and stuff then they just uhh stopped doing that and were like yeah radio waves touch people right? We didn't just say an hour ago that they didnt.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I like when what's her face lucks into getting wonder woman powers then gets greedy and wishes to be a giant cat instead and gets owned

Or the ancient relics in the mall, the mall scene in general actually

What's her face hurling cops through the air like ragdolls

And any time Pedro pascal is on screen

When WW saves those wooden children from the IDF

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The best part about Under the Banner of Heaven was how they made Mormons seem like creepy aliens from beyond the Moon. It's also the part Mormons hate about it the most

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Communist Thoughts posted:

And any time Pedro pascal is on screen

this was the only thing in the movie worth watching. still not 100% sure Gal Gadot actually speaks English, based on her acting. the effects were bad, Jenkins can't direct action to save her life, they played sinister music when Wiig was confronting her would-be rapist, just a complete mess from top to bottom without even getting to the story

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

a true elder scrolls lorehead would have said morrowind then

check and mate lib

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1559635574830481409?s=20&t=N1Rj81l8OvuYvqEKSUllrw

I feel like Marvel's new publicity strategy has switched from generating buzz from culture war controversies to having creators just say how much the content sucks. The Thor CGI jokes by Taika Waititi feels similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why would you greenlight a tv show about a character whose main gimmick is being a superhero lawyer and not hire any writers with experience working on legal dramas like how exactly does a person get a job writing for shehulk if they dont fit these extremely basic requirements