Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

no, for some reason it's just Vegeta, Bulma, Goku, and Beerus

That's lame, they should have included all the tertiary characters that haven't had any appearances in years and years, especially the one whose gimmick was having a split personality where 1 persona;ity was kind and sweet and the other is just "has a gun"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm not generally a graphics guy, but goddamn does Fortnite look better on the PS5 than it does on the Switch.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The switch uses a Tegra chip so it's basically a top-end smartphone from 2017. The PS5 is IIRC comparable to a gaming PC with a 2080

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

haveblue posted:

The switch uses a Tegra chip so it's basically a top-end smartphone from 2017. The PS5 is IIRC comparable to a gaming PC with a 2080

2080 is much more advanced than 2017

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gripweed posted:

2080 is much more advanced than 2017

63 more advanced to be precise

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ps5 is comparable to a mid range pc from 3 years ago at this point. already lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

The PC has games though

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Stux posted:

It came out almost 2 years ago

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

That's lame, they should have included all the tertiary characters that haven't had any appearances in years and years, especially the one whose gimmick was having a split personality where 1 persona;ity was kind and sweet and the other is just "has a gun"

Her name is Launch. :colbert: I would not be surprised if they have another batch. This batch represents DBSuper. Would be nice Bulma had her other outfits though.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 16, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The PC has games though

but PC can't play blurays

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volte posted:

It came out almost 2 years ago

The PS5 enhanced games have been on par with the ultra settings of their PC ports, so it's a non-issue still. The Switch is on hardware from 2015 and no one cares about that.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Gripweed posted:

but PC can't play blurays

then what is this thing sitting in my pc that says blu ray drive

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

The PS5 enhanced games have been on par with the ultra settings of their PC ports, so it's a non-issue still. The Switch is on hardware from 2015 and no one cares about that.

I noticed the draw distance for actors in BOTW being like thirty feet when a herd of animals slowly phased into reality one by one lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ymgve posted:

then what is this thing sitting in my pc that says blu ray drive

computers don't have disc drives anymore.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
free yourself from graphics and performance brain and you won't really care what chip is in the switch and how old it is

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

free yourself from graphics and performance brain and you won't really care what chip is in the switch and how old it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkbPG7n9pA

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If it can't run on the switch it has too much graphics and 20 fps is plenty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In a gaming nirvana rn where I can just enjoy the games instead of getting mad at hardware

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

If it can't run on the switch it has too much graphics and 20 fps is plenty

X4 port when

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

ones $500 and the size of a house op. also has not been on par at all. further to this it has no games. conclusion: the consol eis fail.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
let's kill fortnite

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
kill gun shooting games. we get it already. we've all seen it, done it, there's nothing new left to do with guns.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Let's shoot them, with a gun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

kill gun shooting games. we get it already. we've all seen it, done it, there's nothing new left to do with guns.

when's the last time there was a big hyped AAA fps, op. I guess Halo?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Khanstant posted:

how about

https://youtu.be/EKrKy7LpYZc

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like I wouldn't say FPS is a dead genre but it's not the prestige genre of showing off graphics anymore. that got shifted to third person cinematic action games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Fortnite still as popular as it used to be? My little cousins have abandoned it and now play Roblox, seems like a downgrade but what do I know

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Halo and Doom Eternal were both somewhat recent off the top of my head

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

acting like pubg and tarkov werent recent games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

call of duty games still get major press and sell really well outside of our bubble

aside from that, the next Arkane game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Her name is Launch. :colbert:

I know

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Call of Duty every single year is one of the top 3 best selling games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Starfield is coming out eventually and I’m assuming people outside of this forum are excited for it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Starfield is coming out eventually and I’m assuming people outside of this forum are excited for it

Yeah this is what i'm looking forward to the most next year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

Call of Duty every single year is one of the top 3 best selling games.

it's a weird distinction but i mean "prestige" as in the type of thing that gets a ton of enthusiast press. like you won't see a bunch of hype on forums like this, or the sites people here read on like, the latest Madden or FIFA despite their popularity, and that's kind of the space where things like COD now occupy, versus the times when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare actually got GOTY accolades from enthusiast press sites

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hatty posted:

I've not heard of it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's a weird distinction but i mean "prestige" as in the type of thing that gets a ton of enthusiast press. like you won't see a bunch of hype on forums like this, or the sites people here read on like, the latest Madden or FIFA despite their popularity, and that's kind of the space where things like COD now occupy, versus the times when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare actually got GOTY accolades from enthusiast press sites

That's fair, in which case the next upcoming one I guess is Starfield. Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 was the last one?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

Is Fortnite still as popular as it used to be? My little cousins have abandoned it and now play Roblox, seems like a downgrade but what do I know

My nephews scoffed and laughed when I asked them about it. Apparently it's a baby game for infants. They are somewhere between 10 and 13.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i kinda mean "pure" FPSes here

this is really vague but for a while the FPS was like, no pun intended, the halo product to showcase the latest in graphics and technology. think about how Doom, Quake, and Half-Life (and later games like Halo, and even COD4) were huge releases not just because they were popular but because they were "state-of-the-art", if that makes sense.

think about how many times Sony tried to get an FPS franchise to happen on the PS because they almost "needed" one to be credible in the west. now that spot has been taken up by games like Uncharted/TLOU. it's not that FPSes don't exist anymore but it rarely feels like one of them is a capital-E Event release anymore. Halo Infinite was one of many big releases for the Xbox (issues with that game aside) and Sony barely seems to care if they have an operating FPS franchise anymore.

FPSes kind of took over this spot from point-and-click adventures, by the way. for a while the game you bought to show off your IBM PC's graphical capabilities was like, King's Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Roblox is just GMod with child labor exploitation

quote:

Starfield

GARSTARFIIEELLLLLD!!!