Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I still have a Vapor Genie from my college days and I break it out every once in a while, generally when the battery on my Arise is dead and I don't wanna wait for the charge lol

Old Faithful:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I took my brass one with me recently to my old place while dog sitting for my friend. It’s still good. Bought it before I got my dynavap but I personally still love them.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vapor genie rules

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If it works for you, it works. It's just important that you get your vegetables

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I ordered a vapor genie. I know vape technology has passed that by. But I loved the VG from like 08-12 or whenever it was I smoked weed all the time. The regulations for medical marijuana are not yet finalized so there's a chance this gets confiscated at customs. But, whatever. I had a bad day and I don't have weed to smoke but just buying a weed product made me feel a little bit better.

I still bust out my Magic Flight vape occasionally

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Dacap posted:

I still bust out my Magic Flight vape occasionally

Mflb with a wall vape still rocks in 2022

I saw the "Elev8t" vape and it looks like someone made a vapourgenie that slots nicely into a conpiece

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yoooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t50Y5IYJajE

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://420vapezone.com/pinky-diy-ball-vape/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa75sZ5Vxww
Something like this is the scaled up electric vaporgenie imo

e: that video blocked in US now i guess, here's one w/ a guy showing it but i havent watched it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDg_ac8cDE

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 13, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never thought I'd find another weed ingestion device better than the glass vaporgenie but well then I got a card and discovered concentrates lol so now it sits in my weed drawer as a reminder of how things used to be

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Concentrates are not even a thing here medically, they genuinely scare me but I would like to just be couch locked one day

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
concentrates are fine, you can't overdose on weed. you absolutely can build a hosed up tolerance tho, where flower doesn't do poo poo. so don't do that. in small amounts they are fine :thumbsup:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I'm for sure not anti concentrate

Just my medical use is a daily 0.1 grams of 26%

I'm deliberately trying to keep my tolerance low for as long as possible because genuine medical issue, and weed is expensive here medically

Like a pinhead of concentrate is probably more than what I'm use to

Jestery fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 13, 2022

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Thread reminded me of my MFLB. I had a fancy walnut one and the wall mount. That thing would still be awesome if I can find it!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I engraved my mflb with a pineapple, it's lovely and simple

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

don't gently caress w/ carts/concentrates that aren't from a legal store, they can and do get stepped on and cut w/ fake weed just like you'd expect from a bag of white powder

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jestery posted:

I engraved my mflb with a pineapple, it's lovely and simple

It's like a cozy hotel room for your weed.

Because a pineapple is the international sign of the hospitality industry or something.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's like a cozy hotel room for your weed.

Because a pineapple is the international sign of the hospitality industry or something.

https://youtu.be/14D5wKSVlXg

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I should have figured anime would play in the decision. This is still SA, after all.

Smoking a couple left over joint roaches of Hikers Honey this beautiful morning. My new neighbors are from Texas, hope they enjoy the smell of a Colorado wake and bake.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I took in a lungful of concentrate in a vape pen, no experience with it before, and it made me sick as gently caress to where I literally thought I was going to go into asthmatic shock and die on my floor. But I didn't actually die so I guess it's fine!

Not a fun time. What is a fun time is smoking a bowl late at night, or taking a day to just futz around my house in my underwear on edibles and play video games, watch some movies. I was never a big weed guy in my younger years and now I kinda love it, but I only smoke a bowl like a couple of times a week and take edibles once every month, two months? Doing it less often means I get higher and it gives me something to look forward to, as a pressure release valve when I need it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I mean, what do you call a lungful? The first time I hit a vape pen, I did like a 7-10 second pull like I was taking a big hit of a joint or blunt. Went full introspection for 2 hours, which was not fun when I wasn't prepared for it.

Vape THC concentration (by volume) is often 3 times flower, so you should probably adjust accordingly, especially if you're only smoking occasionally to begin with. The rule of thumb is that a 2 second pull will get you ~10mg THC (maybe less if you're starting from cold oil).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean like, from totally empty lungs to full lung capacity. I didn't even feel it going in because it was clean vape, I was used to breathing in smoke with dry herb so I thought I wasn't getting anything out of the pen. It wasn't until I exhaled that I realized I'd been sucking in vape the entire 15+ seconds.

Immediately started gagging, choking and coughing and spitting up, could barely swallow and my lungs were spasming. When I finally composed myself I was higher than I'd ever been in my life. If my usual dose of edibles is about 10mg, I must've taken in 20 or 30+ with that hit.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I’m trying to do the math on the high side. Figure a 500mg cart, and round it up to 100% potency. I’ve never done the Tootsie Pop Owl test, but looks like people estimate 75-100 puffs for a 1/2 g cart.

500mg divided by 75, 7mg on a big hit off a high-potency cart? You could probably double that or more on a monster rip.

Doesn’t really compare to edibles numbers since the effects are stretched out by digestion.

If I put 1/10th of a gram of top-shelf, theoretically 30% flower in a dynavap and somehow manage 100% extraction, is that 30mg inhaled?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yes. 30% of 100mg is 30mg.

But remember that weed testing isn't the most consistent thing, and many grows will cherry pick the best looking buds and colas for testing, while the rest of that harvest could look like brown leafy rear end. So really, your 30% could be more like 20% or lower.

Put the science tools down and just smoke a weed.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Vaped some of my wife's Pink Kush in the crafty and it's absolutely kicking my dick off.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

ReelBigLizard posted:

Vaped some of my wife's Pink Kush in the crafty and it's absolutely kicking my dick off.

My.... condolences, I think? I might have to try some of that just to know what you mean

DJOprahSpinfrey
Dec 18, 2018

Wah Wah Wee Wah

Analytic Engine posted:

I got skunked last night because I narc'd on him. Little guy smelled me toking in the dark and wanted to hang, brushed against my leg like a cat, and when I turned on my flashlight I saw his startled little butthole pointed at me

:gary:

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

I mean like, from totally empty lungs to full lung capacity. I didn't even feel it going in because it was clean vape, I was used to breathing in smoke with dry herb so I thought I wasn't getting anything out of the pen. It wasn't until I exhaled that I realized I'd been sucking in vape the entire 15+ seconds.

Immediately started gagging, choking and coughing and spitting up, could barely swallow and my lungs were spasming. When I finally composed myself I was higher than I'd ever been in my life. If my usual dose of edibles is about 10mg, I must've taken in 20 or 30+ with that hit.

God, I wish that were me.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I spent the whole high just curled up on my couch, watching True Stories, afraid to move. I couldn't even focus on the movie and I have no memory of anything I did.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

afroserty posted:

meanwhile let me just crack dynavap bowls through meetings to maintain my calm lmao

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hellblazer187 posted:

I ordered a vapor genie. I know vape technology has passed that by. But I loved the VG from like 08-12 or whenever it was I smoked weed all the time. The regulations for medical marijuana are not yet finalized so there's a chance this gets confiscated at customs. But, whatever. I had a bad day and I don't have weed to smoke but just buying a weed product made me feel a little bit better.
vaporgenies will be status symbols in the post-apocalypse when all the electric vapes are gone

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

one time i took a big hit from my dynavap and had what I can only describe as a conscious seizure? like I had my eyes closed and had severe shakes but was aware the entire time. all I could think was not to drop the vap on my dick while i was shaking so i managed to fling it onto my desk. lasted about 10 seconds and then I was fine and very, very high. toodleoo synapses I guess. hasn't happened since i mostly use my volcano or a cart now.

anyway last night i broke out a heavy indica cart i in case of sleep troubles and to say it worked was an understatement. took a few big hits and was dozing off playing a game so I went to bed at like 8 and woke up at 815 this morning.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

King Vidiot posted:

Hell yeah.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Skunks used to come hang out with me when I was drinking and smoking cigarettes on my back porch back when I lived in CT. They're so cute and friendly little dudes.

I was walking the floor at work this week, and came up behind two of my senior techs talking about "splitting 5 carts because they're a better deal" right after that the one talking turned around and saw me and started talking very fast a out how they were getting a juul and some cartridges for that. I just stared at him for a solid minute and said "Marijuana is legal in this state"

It was pretty funny.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Got to go to a stuffy church wedding today, time to take my prescribed medication.

Edit: tourists kept trying the church door, sparrow flew in and got stuck, chirped all through the ceremony, and then a boomer's phone started ringing and they didn't know how to set it to silent so the caller tried again 2 mins later. So actually p good so far. High AF

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 20, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

Skunks used to come hang out with me when I was drinking and smoking cigarettes on my back porch back when I lived in CT. They're so cute and friendly little dudes.

I was walking the floor at work this week, and came up behind two of my senior techs talking about "splitting 5 carts because they're a better deal" right after that the one talking turned around and saw me and started talking very fast a out how they were getting a juul and some cartridges for that. I just stared at him for a solid minute and said "Marijuana is legal in this state"

It was pretty funny.

Me and two of the others guys at work discuss is pretty openly and the one guy is just like... BUT WE GOTTA BE QUIET ABOUT THAT! Bro, our leader talks about drinking a ton of beers regularly and our team outings are at bars. No one cares about weed anymore, its just the alternative to drinking now

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
like the majority of people use it for reasons other than to replace drinking, but socially, its at the same level as drinking. You can talk about it casually, don't be weird about it, probably don't wanna chat with your manager about it :shrug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

King Vidiot posted:

I spent the whole high just curled up on my couch, watching True Stories, afraid to move. I couldn't even focus on the movie and I have no memory of anything I did.

afroserty posted:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

bagmonkey posted:

like the majority of people use it for reasons other than to replace drinking, but socially, its at the same level as drinking. You can talk about it casually, don't be weird about it, probably don't wanna chat with your manager about it :shrug:

I talk about it with my manager, because we smoke weed together pretty regularly.

I'm pretty buttoned down and rigidly professional at work, which probably makes my employees think I'm not the weed smokin' type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I'm sitting here watching Sandman extremely baked on a Saturday afternoon and I keep imagining Dream's perplexed expression as he fashions yet another iteration of my recurring nightmare in which I poo poo myself in a public speaking situation, a part of his job never touched on in the comics