Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Having now reached the “supermarkets offering loans to buy food” point I am Genuinely fascinated to see just how far late stage capitalism can go before people finally wake the gently caress up.

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
look forward to the services popping up that allow you to considate all your supermarket food loans into one easy to manage loan

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
fill out the paperwork before you catch some sleep at the warm hub

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I see Pippa Crerar’s fairly underwhelming scoop for her first week in the hotseat at The Grauniad is that Truss, to the surprise of no one, feels the working class in this country have it too easy and should be herded into Shenzhen style slave factories.

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 16, 2022

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Having now reached the “supermarkets offering loans to buy food” point I am Genuinely fascinated to see just how far late stage capitalism can go before people finally wake the gently caress up.

There is no lower bound. If there was one person who had all the money, and everyone else on the planet served that person, that could continue indefinitely.

Well, this thread doesn't like doomerism of course, so when I say indefinitely I mean within the constraints of thermodynamics and our biosphere.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will be the doomer this thread needs: we're all going to die

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

especially you mark

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

inshallah

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

That's a relief

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am not ruling out the possibility that I will end up as some sort of screaming skeletal revenant forever battling in the armies of the final tory pm, but at least I will be better equipped to deal with the weather. And the screaming will be cathartic.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 16, 2022

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

That was never in doubt, laughing continuously at the obscene stupidity of our leaders while doing so is the surprising bit. :munch:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Personally I intend to never die, and hope one day to be a formless entity floating endlessly through the cosmos.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

keep punching joe posted:

Personally I intend to never die, and hope one day to be a formless entity floating endlessly through the cosmos.

That's good; then you won't requie housing, sustenance, heating, money, or medical assistance. The ultimate Tory.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

especially you mark

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

A Lich would be the ultimate Tory. The ultimate concentration of capital and tradition. The tyranny of dead men.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Summoning Tom Bombadiel to banish the new tory leader back to their barrow.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Summoning Tom Bombadiel to banish the new tory leader back to their barrow.

Official Monster Raving Loony Party, one assumes

deano
Sep 6, 2000

smellmycheese posted:

Yeah, that and tesco now doing free kids meals(one per child with a qualifing adult purchase, restrictions apply, localitys reserve the right to refuse)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Tesseraction posted:

About 94% of the historical human population is currently dead, but that leaves 6% of winners who have never died. I have a proven track record of being alive, and my projections show that this state of affairs will continue indefinitely. In fact, I anticipate growing increasingly more alive year-on-year for the foreseeable futute.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
i try to confine my doomposting to a different thread, but these are difficult times

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

smellmycheese posted:

are the food delivery services offering weekly payment plans for takeout yet because that's a thing in the us and probably canada now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mark seems nice but we all know he voted Leave

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

mediaphage posted:

are the food delivery services offering weekly payment plans for takeout yet because that's a thing in the us and probably canada now

I ordered a pizza on PayPal credit the other night by accident, so that’s already an option.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bazza has stolen Mark's Trouble and Strife, Tracey, and is holding her as his gaffe.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The bank is going to reposess the leftovers if you don't keep up repayments.

Which will then be sold at auction to enterprising second hand pizza dealers from the home counties who will have a television show where they do up old half eaten pizzas and sell them at a markup.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I preferred Super Mark Van, where you power up by parking on the most inconvenient bit of pavement.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

The bank is going to reposess the leftovers if you don't keep up repayments.

Which will then be sold at auction to enterprising second hand pizza dealers from the home counties who will have a television show where they do up old half eaten pizzas and sell them at a markup.

Pizza flipping for dough, instead of the other way around

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was trying to come up with a fast food related pun on homes under the hammer but couldn't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Homes under the ham and mushroom

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Homes under the ham and mushroom

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

unable to see this as anything but a mushroom head shouting with his mushroom-moustached mouth

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"BARBARA COME BACK, I PROMISE I'M A FUNGHI"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tesseraction posted:

unable to see this as anything but a mushroom head shouting with his mushroom-moustached mouth

When I saw mushroom head - I was born - I was dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtSY8IbEOs

Perfect music to bong out to. What a pity I've never bonged.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

There are oldies in my local Nextdoor group debating why burglaries and petty theft are rising in my area. The answer is to get our MP to get more police and have them patrol all over town every night apparently. Not even a single mention about why people might resort to stealing poo poo in the first place.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That's what you get for not bunging a bob for big ben.

I just got "For we who grew up tall and proud In the shadow of the mushroom cloud" in my head and now I'm thinking that Homes Under The Hammer To Fall would be a pretty good Brit equivalent to Prairie Home Invasion.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Re-reading Ragged Trousered Philantropist for the umpteenth time, and it's striking how similar it is to now. The more things change...

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

When I saw mushroom head - I was born - I was dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtSY8IbEOs

Can confirm that Can & Bong is good.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Super Mario builder.

He hops over projects and is always trying to hide in pipes

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

happyhippy posted:

Bazza has stolen Mark's Trouble and Strife, Tracey, and is holding her as his gaffe.

Soz, Mark, but 'er Maj is in some other gaff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

sebzilla posted:

Soz, Mark, but 'er Maj is in some other gaff.

Soz, Mark, but der Princess is in some other tunn-

Never mind