Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i love finding out!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

The whole world gets tornadoes it's just that most of the world gets a couple every decade while Oklahoma gets a couple every week

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"old video for attention"

c'mon son, there's content galore being created daily. shameful.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The process of climate change will not be a single apocalyptic event. It will be you watching a series of ever intensifying old videos for attention from random places in the world until you yourself are the one posting an old video for attention.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Well everyone was just complaining about how dry France looked on the satellite images.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Helith posted:

at a guess because there is nothing even remotely similar in Europe so it naturally becomes a tourist destination plus it's drivable from Las Vegas which is itself a hugely popular tourist destination

I think you mean not yet, give it a decade.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Wolfy posted:

Well everyone was just complaining about how dry France looked on the satellite images.

Don't worry, dryness makes good wine and I'm sure France would let a lot of people die before risking the grape harvest by giving *people* water over the vines.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

maybe they should try watering their lawns more so all that water will soak in as opposed to pool up in their streets

checkmate, modeling crisis

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Unless posted:

maybe they should try watering their lawns more so all that water will soak in as opposed to pool up in their streets

checkmate, modeling crisis
if i were french i would just lift the cup a little higher

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

platzapS posted:

if i were french i would just lift the cup a little higher

I’d expect in paris, of anywhere in the world, to have some fkin’ french drains

:cmon:

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Oglethorpe posted:

england gets tornadoes?

Actually the UK gets more tornados per sq mile than any other country, they're usally very weak F0 to F1 though, and despite living in the tornado capital of the world, I've never actually witnessed one.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Butternubs posted:

Actually the UK gets more tornados per sq mile than any other country, they're usally very weak F0 to F1 though, and despite living in the tornado capital of the world, I've never actually witnessed one.

F0? Eff loving zero? That's not even circulating air, it's loving stagnant. You call that a tube? I've seen higher windspeeds coming out my loving rear end in a top hat. Just gently caress off you loving donkey

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Barely enough to cause fan death

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1559782828501508096
dang, thats an ominous looking waterspout gotta say

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

hurricane season is soon right?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

CODChimera posted:

the Atlantic is like goku powering up the spirit bomb for one big mega hypercane

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CODChimera posted:

Lemon, it’s Wednesday.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
https://twitter.com/NWS/status/1559633961353199616

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
G3 are common. We need an extreme sustained G5 to burn down all traces of human industry.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

For some reason WOKESTORM is an autocorrect in my phone and I have no idea why

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

unless you’re an aurora watcher or work in an industry directly affected by space weather, you won’t even notice a G3

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Rectal Death Adept posted:

We need an extreme sustained 5G to burn down all traces of human industry.

Conspiracy theorists were right! :tinfoil:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lmfao someone goes through the trouble of actually filming in landscape and they take that footage and shrink it to fit a phone screen in portrait mode. braindead rear end clickbait aggregators

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
"property damage or injuries"

property over people.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

WaryWarren posted:

"property damage or injuries"

property over people.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXbpuOWiPk

ARKSTORM

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
*federal government agency in charge of measuring and predicting environmental hazards*: "the government should probably do some prep work for the eventual catastrophic flooding"

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/3jgoe1V.mp4

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

i love festivals

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stereotype posted:

*federal government agency in charge of measuring and predicting environmental hazards*: "the government should probably do some prep work for the eventual catastrophic flooding"

see also the NTSB

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

see also the NTSB

i love the chemical safety board youtube videos the best. they do a super in depth analysis of the processes and equipment used to do various dangerous industrial scale chemical reactions and why they lead to some massive disaster that caused numerous injuries and fatalities and tens of millions of dollars of damage, and then always finish being like "these industries should be more careful in the future" and they just continue doing the same dumb poo poo because no one is forcing them to fix anything

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Stereotype posted:

i love the chemical safety board youtube videos the best. they do a super in depth analysis of the processes and equipment used to do various dangerous industrial scale chemical reactions and why they lead to some massive disaster that caused numerous injuries and fatalities and tens of millions of dollars of damage, and then always finish being like "these industries should be more careful in the future" and they just continue doing the same dumb poo poo because no one is forcing them to fix anything
the best part is that the incidents are never caused by novel hazards or anything. It's always people disregarding poo poo like making hot work plans in tanks that may or may not be full of highly flammable chemical vapors and then being utterly shocked when a completely obvious source of chemicals fills the tank with nasty poo poo and it explodes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

George H.W. oval office posted:

For some reason WOKESTORM is an autocorrect in my phone and I have no idea why

“WOKESTORM RISING” would be a good username.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Paris floods yesterday, London today, Berlin tomorrow?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Wolfy posted:

the best part is that the incidents are never caused by novel hazards or anything. It's always people disregarding poo poo like making hot work plans in tanks that may or may not be full of highly flammable chemical vapors and then being utterly shocked when a completely obvious source of chemicals fills the tank with nasty poo poo and it explodes.

i like the one where there is an obvious maintenance issue, like flammable liquid dripping out of a pipe onto another pipe that can get incredibly hot, and they just ignored it for months until their plant explodes

i think in that one they actually poked at it with a long spikey stick first which made it way worse

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

look at that cop cleanup that homeless encampment

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
This is what happens when you don’t use proper pegs.