Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Monkey Fracas posted:

Roblox is just GMod with child labor exploitation

GARSTARFIIEELLLLLD!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm gonna mail Nermal to Alpha-Centuari

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope Metroid Prime 4 exists/will release in my lifetime/be good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Roblox is just GMod with child labor exploitation

It's just second life but with the mod potential of gmod.

Gripweed posted:

I've not heard of it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

when's the last time there was a big hyped AAA fps, op. I guess Halo?

uh that would be the two very recent doom games op

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Like I wouldn't say FPS is a dead genre but it's not the prestige genre of showing off graphics anymore. that got shifted to third person cinematic action games

find benchmark suite that doesnt include doom eternal challenge

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One day the prestige genre will be murder mystery visual novels and it will be my time.

Speaking of, I should probably get around to getting The Centennial Case. I heard it wasn't amazing, but it's definitely a Me Game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleman_ posted:

One day the prestige genre will be murder mystery visual novels and it will be my time.

Columbo has reentered the public consciousness, the seeds have been planted

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of, I should probably get around to getting The Centennial Case. I heard it wasn't amazing, but it's definitely a Me Game

For real ones it already is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

For real ones it already is

Unfortunately, it will never be a reality in this uncaring society, because without love, it cannot be seen.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Soooo video games can only ever be murder simulators, or murder mysteries? Vile medium

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Columbo's not really much of a murder mystery tho is it

The true Columbo video game experience would just be the 9-Volt game from Game & Wario where 9-Volt tries staying up late to play video games and his mom 5-Volt keeps finding more and more ways to come peek on him to catch him. Make it a score attack game where you always get caught but you can delay a long time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Columbo's not really much of a murder mystery tho is it

Columbo is Ace Attorney

Like, Columbo was actually an influence on the first game and that's why the first couple cases show you the murderer in the beginning.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

hatty posted:

https://twitter.com/writnelson/status/1422270862993014784

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Columbo is Ace Attorney

Like, Columbo was actually an influence on the first game and that's why the first couple cases show you the murderer in the beginning.

Sans is Columbo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh yeah were those Famicom Detective Club games good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It depends on your tolerance for 80s Japanese adventure games, there's not much QOL and some stuff that'd be considered too obtuse now in terms of hints, like having to ask characters about topics multiple times to get them to talk about it, but it's a neat piece of history

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like VNs and just thought it was really neat that they ported/localized them to the Switch so I bought 'em- definitely oldschool (you'll find yourself stuck in a few spots while you play find-the-progress-trigger) but I was overall charmed by them

you can swap between the modern arrangements of the music and the original NES music

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Columbo is Ace Attorney

Except Columbo is super competent while appearing incompetent as a ruse while Ace Attorney's protagonists tend to be competent but also are shown to be just bluffing so much that they themselves don't know how they're gonna get through this poo poo lol.

Definitely some similar vibes though yeah.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gumshoe is colombo but not faking it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Actually nah he isn't, gumshoe is gung-ho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gumshoe is feels like a more competent and simultaneously less competent Zenigata imo

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 16, 2022

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Zenigata is a legend. Lupin the Third is the coolest anime franchise ever. I recommend Castle of Cagliostro to everybody ever.

Colundo looks rad.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I rate this Lupin a III out of X

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RBA Starblade posted:

I rate this Lupin a III out of X

Out of... Mega Man X! Numbers are complicated. Guilty Gear X out of XX.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
III out of After War Gundam X

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Shindragon posted:

Would be nice Bulma had her other outfits though.

They do actually sometimes give existing outfits extra styles (usually as part of like, a theme or something) so it wouldn't actually be impossible to give her extra outfits later

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Chun LI using a lightsaber and riding nimbus rules so hard I feel bad for people who look at that awesome combination of cool things and go "this sucks, actually"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds dumb as hell

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

III out of After War Gundam X

Is the show any good Double X is a cool looking robit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

Guilty Gear X out of XX.

out of

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Tony_Huynh/status/1559076344268333058?t=N7YJ-tlm2vIDlD2yf-zLlg&s=19

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

league's also struggled with this problem for a decade+, so i wish you the best of luck mr. huynh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
deep sigh

I'll always keep coming back

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
You basically need to adjust game balance based on what ranked league a player is in for a platform fighter, they're just not conducive to balance at all

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

deep sigh

I'll always keep coming back

there has never been a single year since 2011 where i have played less than 100 games of league and i probably will continue to do so until the servers shut down or i become a skeleton

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Vermain posted:

there has never been a single year since 2011 where i have played less than 100 games of league and i probably will continue to do so until the servers shut down or i become a skeleton

I am able to not play dota for years but everyone once in a while (it's when I watch pro dota) I just get the urge real bad and nothing else sates it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RBA Starblade posted:

It’s alright, it’s episode count got cut partway through so it’s only 39 episodes and feels kinda messy towards the end but I’m glad I watched it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It's extremely middling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SeXReX posted:

Chun LI using a lightsaber and riding nimbus rules so hard I feel bad for people who look at that awesome combination of cool things and go "this sucks, actually"

gently caress yeah I love Ready Player One