Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Has anyone spoken at length about the doping regimen Marvel puts their actors on? Obviously Kumail came close, without ever admitting the company demanded he juice, but Natalie Portman in particular is too old and too small for whatever program they put her on and I’d be shocked if it didn’t damage her health in the long term.

I remember a blind item about an actor who eats only cucumber and ice cubes when he gets cast to lean out, which is bad enough, but whatever “dieticians” and “trainers” Marvel has directing their fitness programs are going to really hurt somebody someday. Is it treated as an open secret or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Has anyone spoken at length about the doping regimen Marvel puts their actors on? Obviously Kumail came close, without ever admitting the company demanded he juice, but Natalie Portman in particular is too old and too small for whatever program they put her on and I’d be shocked if it didn’t damage her health in the long term.

I remember a blind item about an actor who eats only cucumber and ice cubes when he gets cast to lean out, which is bad enough, but whatever “dieticians” and “trainers” Marvel has directing their fitness programs are going to really hurt somebody someday. Is it treated as an open secret or what?

yeah i think we're in 1998 MLB territory here

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

its been a crazy ride but im pretty enthralled with reading anything about how disney makes its crap now. theyre like the EA of streaming content
same. lol at disney. even loller that people keep lapping it up

Farm Frenzy posted:

It's completely fuckin nuts that they cast a tiny woman and then used the lasso tool on every frame to make her 40% bigger instead of just casting a big woman
babbys first cgi photoshop ftw

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

yeah. hugh jackman said he didn't drink water while filming les miserables or something lmao

edit:

when he was to be filmed he didn't eat or drink for 36 hours. He did some gruelling stuff while singing in that movie. I'm surprised he wasn't injured

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

i say swears online posted:

yeah i think we're in 1998 MLB territory here

lol didn’t Kumail claim he worked out like 3 times a week for a year?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Frosted Flake posted:

tbf i dont think disney (or other studios) are making actors dope other than "look this way for the movie". maybe i'm wrong

kumail seemed like he got jacked up on dianabol or adeno on his own accord. i dont think disney asked him to look like a lovely caricature of wimpy dweeb->blatant roided out monster in a span of 10 months. i think he did it because he didn't want to look like a weak dweeb and was insecure about himself

and honestly there's nothing really wrong with ppl using steroids, who gives a poo poo. it's more the blatant lying that is actively harmful to people and would be much healthier society if people were honest. "oh i just ate the best food with best nutritionists" is like lol come on, we all know it. "yea i had 500k personal trainers and did a bunch of trenbolone, np" isn't even a scandal anymore.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 02:34 on Aug 17, 2022

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

“look this way for the movie” can only mean juice, given who they cast and how long before they start shooting.

Unless Natalie had a preexisting hookup for anavar, I don’t see how the studio’s hands are clean.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

those actors are also being paid multi-millions of dollars to look like that and do hire 'hollywood' personal trainers/dietitians and plan to peak around the time any shirtless scenes are gunna be filmed

or that's what they say. its in the realm of possibility. the trainer could be prescribing juice

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

if you work a job. have stress. have a social life. yah it's hard to look like that. if you get paid a lifetime of riches to do it, maybe it's possible in those time frames

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i thought Kumail said he was on a crazy workout schedule with lots of Disney dieticians that in no way was a reasonable thing to expect from a normal human. I could be mistaking him for Mack from Always Sunny tho

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they flew too close to the sun with Kumail, it's gonna come out that they just have a body mold they press these guys in like a creepy crawler machine

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

no one is going to say "yeah I'm juicing to get this disney gig"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also I'd seriously doubt Disney would explicitly say "you must take these research chemicals to get in our movie" they just set impossible standards and let the invisible hand sort it out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i thought Kumail said he was on a crazy workout schedule with lots of Disney dieticians that in no way was a reasonable thing to expect from a normal human. I could be mistaking him for Mack from Always Sunny tho

lol "crazy workout routine and best dietician" is basically just general pr puff. like no doubt he worked out hard and ate the best of food but at some point you're still up against basic body chemistry for muscle recovery and growth, and genetics, and what usually takes 4+ years for even the best can't be done in like a 12 month span without juice. juice is the way to get around that.

see also jeff bezos and elon musk who're also doping but without the hard workouts. probably not on tren but definitely at least t-doping.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Also I'd seriously doubt Disney would explicitly say "you must take these research chemicals to get in our movie" they just set impossible standards and let the invisible hand sort it out

they will reccomend you a trainer. and the trainer is going to say look, there is a hard way and an easy easy way. sign this NDA, waver, and agreement to hold disney corp free and clear of all liability and I will tell you the easy way.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Antonymous posted:

no one is going to say "yeah I'm juicing to get this disney gig"

Hollywood: famously devoid of ambition

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I mean it's going to be in memoirs at best. no one with the ambition will slander themselves or do wrong in the gaze of the mouse

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Filthy Hans posted:

Hollywood: famously devoid of ambition

I think he means say in public

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i mean... his entire face changed shape, bone-wise

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

StashAugustine posted:

I think he means say in public

oh that makes more sense

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Kumail was over 40 when he went from this, to this, to this, in 12ish months

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that happens when you first start deadlifting, your core bones all shift up so you get some extra ones in the face

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
it is funny that one of the other eternals was the guy from atlanta and he didn't appear to exercise at all for the role

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Rob McElhenney has openly admitted in some interview (not gonna look it up but it's online) that he was juicing and that it would not have been physically possible to look the way he did without it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Frosted Flake posted:

I will maintain until the day I die that Carrie Fisher died either directly or as a cascaded result from whatever diet treatment she and Hamill went on pre-TFA to drop like 100lbs each in less than a year

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that happens when you first start deadlifting, your core bones all shift up so you get some extra ones in the face

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I will maintain until the day I die that Carrie Fisher died either directly or as a cascaded result from whatever diet treatment she and Hamill went on pre-TFA to drop like 100lbs each in less than a year

wait what a hundred pounds

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

one of my old roommates used to juice almost every day. I could never figure out why tho, he didnt play sports nor was he trying to act in a Marvel film. Seemed like a huge waste of time and money. Would say that he was taking years off of his life but he killed himself in a car crash a few months ago so maybe he was on to something...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

i say swears online posted:

wait what a hundred pounds

its way more obvious with hamill but he went in like 6 months from looking like your dumpy dad who just started collecting social security checks and is partying it up with the extra money, to posing in T-shirts with veins the size of pencils on his arms, and Fisher also had a fairly significant and noticeable weight loss before dying of a stroke

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
the veins basically always give the game away

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

the funniest part is that Ford had basically zero visible change, probably because he was the only one willing to tell the mouse to piss up a rope if they tried to make him juice

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ECA stack? She was old and had a history with drugs, I can see ECA being very dangerous. People in their 30’s get hurt from doing it, and iirc being a woman increases risk also.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Xaris posted:

the veins basically always give the game away

yes, dehydration

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i like that elon musk is juicing but not working out

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lol getting jacked like that and tearing a major muscle the moment you throw a punch

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

“look this way for the movie” can only mean juice, given who they cast and how long before they start shooting.

Unless Natalie had a preexisting hookup for anavar, I don’t see how the studio’s hands are clean.

theres something very sad about disney using portmans brand for a lovely throwaway role and that when they said she could be a real superhero if she did it again she was actually dumb enough to believe them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

theres something very sad about disney using portmans brand for a lovely throwaway role and that when they said she could be a real superhero if she did it again she was actually dumb enough to believe them

she has bottom billing on the wiki for love and thunder, how small was her role?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

iirc she actually only chose to come back specifically to get killed off so she wasn’t obligated to be on the hook for any more lovely marvel movies, lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

charlton heston made that same deal for the planet of the apes sequel and it somehow managed to be a much worse movie than whatever it was he was afraid they were going to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

iirc she actually only chose to come back specifically to get killed off so she wasn’t obligated to be on the hook for any more lovely marvel movies, lol

good for her

i'm pretty sure similar but not-contractual reason that ford came back was so he could get killed off and nerds would stop pestering him