Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My favorite Traveler moment is still the beginning of the Inazuma storyline where someone immediately tries to rope them into doing some request and the Traveler's dialogue options were essentially "No" and "I'm leaving". Then further on people try to rope them into throwing their weight into solving the country's Raiden Shogun problem and they say much the same again.

I still wonder how different the Inazuma storyline would've gone if they'd actually followed through on that threat. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My favorite Traveler moment is still the beginning of the Inazuma storyline where someone immediately tries to rope them into doing some request and the Traveler's dialogue options were essentially "No" and "I'm leaving". Then further on people try to rope them into throwing their weight into solving the country's Raiden Shogun problem and they say much the same again.

I still wonder how different the Inazuma storyline would've gone if they'd actually followed through on that threat. :v:

Yeah it's an interesting but fun decision to show how essentially selfish the traveler can be. Though they kind of through it away in the Chasm bit with Dain where they don't have them more ambiguous about how they feel in stopping their sibling. Since I always get the feeling that if they met in person and their sibling directly asked, we'd be on team Abyss.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Eimi posted:

Since I always get the feeling that if they met in person and their sibling directly asked, we'd be on team Abyss.

That may still happen. Is quite likely to happen, arguably.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You have to pay attention so you know which actor to pick otherwise it restarts

That's an hour of my life I'm not getting back. Still, the reward is cute, AND I hit AR 60 so it's a win. It's kind of odd though that there has been no word on increasing the AR cap in 3.0 given that anyone who played even casually since roughly launch is going to be 58-60. I wonder if they're planning to do something closer to the anniversary?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Traveler is interested in Dain because (mild Dain spoilers) Dain knows a ton about the abyss and that leads you to your twin

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Boat Stuck posted:

That may still happen. Is quite likely to happen, arguably.

I absolutely think the Fatui will end up as guys who we side with as Celestia is revealed be evil and only by the gnosis power combined can we fight it or some poo poo. This will of course also justifying ensuring all the Harbingers are playable. :v:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Eimi posted:

Yeah it's an interesting but fun decision to show how essentially selfish the traveler can be. Though they kind of through it away in the Chasm bit with Dain where they don't have them more ambiguous about how they feel in stopping their sibling. Since I always get the feeling that if they met in person and their sibling directly asked, we'd be on team Abyss.
The early Inazuma questline is just on the heels of the Traveler finding out their sibling is not at all missing and is in fact the leader of the Abyss, so they're sort of adrift without the previous motivation for the journey, but eventually they just kinda go back to their previous ways of helping people for the sake of it while they try to figure out what happened to the sibling.

I get the impression that the sibling went through a parallel journey 500 years ago, made friends with Makoto and the previous Dendro archon and a bunch of people in Khaen'riah, and after the cataclysm there decided to Attack and Dethrone God(s). Whether our story ends the same way remains to be seen (but probably?)

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 17, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Incoherence posted:

The early Inazuma questline is just on the heels of the Traveler finding out their sibling is not at all missing and is in fact the leader of the Abyss, so they're sort of adrift without the previous motivation for the journey, but eventually they just kinda go back to their previous ways of helping people for the sake of it while they try to figure out what happened to the sibling.

I get the impression that the sibling went through a parallel journey 500 years ago, made friends with Makoto and the previous Dendro archon and a bunch of people in Khaen'riah, and after the cataclysm there decided to Attack and Dethrone God(s). Whether our story ends the same way remains to be seen (but probably?)

That makes way too much sense. I could absolutely see it. Especially the specific spoiled details.

Also with Raiden Shogun as the baseline, the only monstrous/irredeemable harbinger is Dottore, at least off what we know so far.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Space Opera posted:

That's an hour of my life I'm not getting back. Still, the reward is cute, AND I hit AR 60 so it's a win. It's kind of odd though that there has been no word on increasing the AR cap in 3.0 given that anyone who played even casually since roughly launch is going to be 58-60. I wonder if they're planning to do something closer to the anniversary?

i hope they never add any meaningful increases to the top end of AR/world level, there's already way too much of a barrier for new players
although i guess an infinite grind that just makes some rank number go up without changing anything else about the game would be fine

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

If they added more levels to the top they could also condense the requirements to level up so for a new player the time to cap isn't change much, while for people already at the cap they'll have something to work towards.

The player base is really casual, I can't imagine even 1% of players are AR60 yet but at some point it probably becomes worthwhile to do for them.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i hope they never add any meaningful increases to the top end of AR/world level, there's already way too much of a barrier for new players
although i guess an infinite grind that just makes some rank number go up without changing anything else about the game would be fine
AR 56 and above are already like this: they don't do anything but give you a bigger number and some token rewards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

That makes way too much sense. I could absolutely see it. Especially the specific spoiled details.

Also with Raiden Shogun as the baseline, the only monstrous/irredeemable harbinger is Dottore, at least off what we know so far.
based off what we know of dottore theres also a pretty convenient excuse to have him playable since he makes a bunch of clone bodies of himself, just have a playable one that didnt do all the worst poo poo. still the same personality, just wasnt the one torturing collei

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Eimi posted:

I absolutely think the Fatui will end up as guys who we side with as Celestia is revealed be evil and only by the gnosis power combined can we fight it or some poo poo. This will of course also justifying ensuring all the Harbingers are playable. :v:

I think a variation on that; nobody's really going to turn out to be wrong, Celestia are absolutely going to be shitheels but probably have to be in order to hold back something worse, possibly the Second Who Came. Endgame is going to be getting everyone to play for the same side. This is how we'll get playable Unknown God.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

based off what we know of dottore theres also a pretty convenient excuse to have him playable since he makes a bunch of clone bodies of himself, just have a playable one that didnt do all the worst poo poo. still the same personality, just wasnt the one torturing collei

Or just give him a not-evil twin like Judgment did.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Worm abyss :|

I though this guy was gone for good. Where's my old pal, maguu kenki? At least when he decides to be arbitrarily invincible, you can still spam skills at him to charge energy. And when he randomly decides to woosh to the other side of the room for no goddamn reason, you can at least tell where he's gonna end up. Come back, buddy :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope we get a rival character at some point. Either friendly like Joey Wheeler or 600% ego like Kaiba.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We did, it was Childe.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

I hope we get a rival character at some point. Either friendly like Joey Wheeler or 600% ego like Kaiba.

Wasn't that what they were building Childe/Tartagia as? Or did he just never show up again after the Geo Archon story?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Coolness Averted posted:

Wasn't that what they were building Childe/Tartagia as? Or did he just never show up again after the Geo Archon story?

He shows up to be mysterious and battle hungry and to justify another childe banner.

I guess that squirrel really did just die offscreen lol

I hope that annoying little poo poo doesn't show up in the epilogue or whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah but he kinda just targets everything though, he doesn't have any specific person's face on a mirror or punching bag like I'm imagining.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'm pretty sure he's the only weekly boss where it repeating is basically canonical because he absolutely would love getting beaten up every week.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

I'm pretty sure he's the only weekly boss where it repeating is basically canonical because he absolutely would love getting beaten up every week.

Nah, Andrius and Raiden Shogun are totally eternal battlers too

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

Since I always thought that Childe was vaguely into Traveler (like half the cast), I can't help but think it's a kink of his now

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

Since I always thought that Childe was vaguely into Traveler (like half the cast), I can't help but think it's a kink of his now

Childe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMQpWCNTQw

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

well we know that Cyno plays the card game that Itto and his gang are into and apparently really hates it when people win through asspull topdecks so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being like a yugioh character :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mix. posted:

well we know that Cyno plays the card game that Itto and his gang are into and apparently really hates it when people win through asspull topdecks so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being like a yugioh character :v:

Only if Itto never loses because he always gets miracle topdecks. (It's Kuki passing him the cards)

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Eimi posted:

Only if Itto never loses because he always gets miracle topdecks. (It's Kuki passing him the cards)

She would never. Now, discreetly putting the cards on top of his deck when he asks her to shuffle for him, that's a different question...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Eimi posted:

I think Itto is both too dumb and too pure to cheat

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

no he was Just Following Orders(tm) and immediately became the MC's best buddy as soon as his story arc & boss fight were over
he showed up in the Mystic Onmyou Chamber event in Inazuma, and in that one Traveler and Paimon were basically like "shh we better not mention any of our buddy Tartaglia's murders and warcrimes around Xinyan cus she would probably get mad about them, unlike us two who are totally cool with it" and covering for him became a minor subplot
his story quest is also set after his boss fight and he's friendly with MC there too

Eimi posted:

itto canonically loses basically every game he plays, especially to 12 year old kids
he always tries his best though :kimchi:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 17, 2022

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Storm Braver
A model of an Inazuma-style pirate ship. It brilliantly captures the image of the vessel cutting through the surf.
They say that if you look closely enough, you can see the following words on the ship hull's profile:
"Secondly: the people of the sea never say goodbye out loud."

God drat it Mihoyo, this is almost as bad as the feather :smith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Chance to win primos in some convoluted way, but honestly the tracks are worth listening to regardless

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1559495185469280258

Also the new web game is pretty cute. It must be inspired by Carto. They mention Lisa too. I hope she gets some screentime in the leadup to Sumeru.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1559751877373284353

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 17, 2022

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I feel like I'm almost forced to roll for Tighnari since I have an unused Polar Star just collecting dust in my inventory.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

I think Itto is both too dumb and too pure to cheat

That's why it's Shinobu doing it without Itto ever knowing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I leveled a Kitain Cross Spear for Thoma in hopes that dendro might let him do something. But his E has a 15 second cooldown? What is wrong with this character???

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mix. posted:

If he's Egypt-coded and hates lucky asspulls he sounds like the opposite of Yami Yugi tbh

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

he showed up in the Mystic Onmyou Chamber event in Inazuma, and in that one Traveler and Paimon were basically like "shh we better not mention any of our buddy Tartaglia's murders and warcrimes around Xinyan cus she would probably get mad about them, unlike us two who are totally cool with it" and covering for him became a minor subplot

Isn't that normal enough? Traveler seems to have a baseline of don't give a gently caress. We only help people because they ask us personally or to progress toward the sibling or to have fun, not because of some guiding principle. (except when randomly being sad about Teppei)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Redmark posted:

Isn't that normal enough? Traveler seems to have a baseline of don't give a gently caress. We only help people because they ask us personally or to progress toward the sibling or to have fun, not because of some guiding principle. (except when randomly being sad about Teppei)

excuse me we also help people if there is treasure and/or food involved

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

I leveled a Kitain Cross Spear for Thoma in hopes that dendro might let him do something. But his E has a 15 second cooldown? What is wrong with this character???

gottem lol

Half time I try to do something fun with the bottom-of-the-barrel characters it's their terrible skill cooldowns that make me re-drop them. Thoma in particular I was thinking about using with Ayato and DMC but it just straight up doesn't work.

So I looked for another EM-based pyro character whose CDs fits in an Ayato rotation and who can provide consistent off-field pyro application and boy oh boy, you'll never believe who I found. :rolleyes: But now you need a healer/shielder and oh look, we're back to the usual suspects.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI4dQvCCTIQ