Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hadji murad posted:

Maybe a 4 time Champions League winner needs a new challenge, like a relegation battle.

I think he just really loves The Trafford Centre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Proper desperation now

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1559851651040698368?t=65FIzpFBw9hqzQb1jO5LWQ&s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I've been a good boy, I don't deserve that

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The glazers have learned that Pulisic is the Lebron of soccer

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What value is loaning the guy with two years left on his contract? It’s not like Pulisic is going to improve. Hope they sucker ManU into a purchase.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

hadji murad posted:

What value is loaning the guy with two years left on his contract? It’s not like Pulisic is going to improve. Hope they sucker ManU into a purchase.

I hope somehow Chelsea and Man Utd both get hosed

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

hadji murad posted:

Do keep in mind that while we're a clown club run by clowns most of these rumours are bullshit clickbait and that we renamed Jose to "no context twitter.rss" on discord.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The context is: lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Speaking of no context rumours: https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/status/1559857589432815618?s=20&t=4wnIty5Kr-CjPk2WLdLy1Q

hngggggggggggggggg

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
whoever we get will be poo poo so it doesn't really matter

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Do keep in mind that while we're a clown club run by clowns most of these rumours are bullshit clickbait and that we renamed Jose to "no context twitter.rss" on discord.

Lol.

Yeah. When things sound ridiculous they probably are. And anything with United flailing in the market gets engagement right now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And every chancer agent will be looking for a payday from an apparently desperate club

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
Ligue 1 seems to be chock full of world class midfielders that mid table PL clubs buy for like £8 million every other year but I guess it makes more sense to give a truckload of cash to a 30 year old ball winning midfielder who's done literally everything he's ever dreamt of in his career already.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I mean, Casemiro alone would be better than any midfield 3 Man Utd could currently muster.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1559875731047448577?s=21&t=aYd2r5kVxCmtfS2nn-BMHg

Not going to lie I know nothing about Thilo Kehrer but I do know a cb pairing of Zouma-Kehrer is better than the current Zouma-Nobody’s Healthy combo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

plenty of time for his knees to both explode before sunday

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

TheRat posted:

I mean, Casemiro alone would be better than any midfield 3 Man Utd could currently muster.

Yeah but they need some combination of depth and quality in midfield as Fred and McTominay look like two very athletic men who have never played football in their lives. I guess they could use Casemiro and Eriksen in a double pivot but an injury to one of them and they're back to being completely unable to implement a possession tactic.

If it were up to me they'd have found 3 players who can be half decent cogs in a possession team's midfield and then worried about acquiring a world class player or two after the foundations had been established.

Going all in on a Barca player and then a Real player after that fails is 12 year old playing FIFA career mode stuff. Maybe it works, I'm wrong about this type of stuff all the time, but the overall transfer strategy looks very stupid to me.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If they spend the next two weeks fruitlessly chasing Casemiro then yeah that's insanity.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I do think it would be an interesting post-facto psychological profile if United were to buy Casemiro.

I know nothing about him as a person tbh. But going from the Real squad that survived incredibly difficult situations like a half dozen times in the CL alone last season to the tyre fire that is the pooshited locker room would do a real number on anyone I’d imagine.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Why are Man U going for relatively past it old players? It's obviously not going to work and at best will cover up the cracks for another year while the squad gets even worse overall.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Maybe they should've bought Tchouameni, who Madrid just signed as Casemiro's long-term replacement, instead

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Exactly. Even Man Us fickle fans would have given (bald fraud) ETH a couple of weak seasons if things were looking up with squad quality and cohesion.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

curried lamb of God posted:

Maybe they should've bought Tchouameni, who Madrid just signed as Casemiro's long-term replacement, instead

He wasn't ever going anywhere but Real Madrid. Pretty much every big club in Europe was watching him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, probably should have signed Haaland too.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

TheRat posted:

He wasn't ever going anywhere but Real Madrid. Pretty much every big club in Europe was watching him

I thought so too, but PSG apparently had a real shot at him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

There are probably a lot of players they could get if they had a functional scouting department

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Even if they just had a guy dicking about on Football Manager they'd probably find better players than whatever the scouting team have been doing for the past decade

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can't help but wonder if this is just Man U doing that thing where they feign interest in big names who don't want to sign for them to appease the fans when they get rowdy.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

sebzilla posted:

Even if they just had a guy dicking about on Football Manager they'd probably find better players than whatever the scouting team have been doing for the past decade

They have those scouts in FM who keep telling you they've unearthed this lad called Harry Kane and reckon he might be a good striker.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I saw the Jozy Altidore and the Jozy Altidore looked at me

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Some Man U scout is making a presentation and its a big picture of Casemiro and then he draws a red circle around him.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Maybe a 4 time Champions League winner needs a new challenge, like a relegation battle.

Uhm ahktually Caaemiro has five (5) champions league wins thank you very much

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Can't help but wonder if this is just Man U doing that thing where they feign interest in big names who don't want to sign for them to appease the fans when they get rowdy.

If so, that shtik isn't working anymore and is just amplifying the supporters' rage

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

In this scenario that makes absolutely zero sense.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Flayer posted:

Why are Man U going for relatively past it old players? It's obviously not going to work and at best will cover up the cracks for another year while the squad gets even worse overall.

Because they’re very much trying to cover the cracks so that they can get a CL spot and spend crazy money on more big names.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

I thought so too, but PSG apparently had a real shot at him

the biggest sign for me that tchouameni has his head on straight is that he decided to avoid the clown show of psg, i'm sure it was tempting but i genuinely have to imagine madrid are better for his career, which feels weird to type

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
it would be cool if liverpool signed a midfielder so the options aren't entirely (1) 30+ year olds running on fumes (2) 30+ year olds whos hamstrings are suggestions rather than facts or (3) children

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tbp posted:

it would be cool if liverpool signed a midfielder so the options aren't entirely (1) 30+ year olds running on fumes (2) 30+ year olds whos hamstrings are suggestions rather than facts or (3) children

Keita is so infuriating as he constantly gets injured right when he hits form and Thiago’s iniury issues are well-known at this point. I know Liverpool want to buy the right player and not waste money, but the midfield has been a concern for about 3 seasons now and it’s frustrating that the club are just going to sit on it.

Hopefully Elliott and Jones can step up. We really need at least consistent fitness and energy. We’re otherwise going to see Milner, Henderson and Fabinho hit a wall pretty soon.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Signing an almost 31 year old Brazilian who has won everything there is to win on club level on a long expensive contract is manutd.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Stoke has a Delap again

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1560220002371903488