Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Access to interest-free loans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I thought Jonathan Swift solved this problem in the UK long ago...?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
the robin hood credo of "steal from the rich and give to the poor" is wrong imo

"reclaim ill-gotten wealth from the rich and give it back to those who created it" is more apt

I want jackbooted government thugs to literally take food from the tables of rich people and give it to hungry poor people. No I am not a tankie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Homocow posted:

the robin hood credo of "steal from the rich and give to the poor" is wrong imo

"reclaim ill-gotten wealth from the rich and give it back to those who created it" is more apt

I want jackbooted government thugs to literally take food from the tables of rich people and give it to hungry poor people. No I am not a tankie.

What about poor people who don't 'create wealth'?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Paladinus posted:

What about poor people who don't 'create wealth'?
They still Create Value by serving as an example to the proletariat of what could happen to them.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Yeah, way different than trust fund kids.

What exactly do you think "welfare queens" means, because it's not that

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sara needs to shut the gently caress up before she gets a date with a blanket and fifteen padlocks in socks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

wow I hate this

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I know people like that.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
love to crave greater tracking at my makework phony job

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Paladinus posted:

I know people like that.

The last conversation I had with my sister, she was bragging about how she scored the highest in the office and got taken out to lunch by management at her property management fund. IDK what they did to that generation. She was downright giddy about giving them every minute on the clock. No bonus, no promotions in 3 years there, but senpai noticed her and it's like it was all worth it.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

I remember when the Russian sanctions were meant to break their people.

Instead it's hammered Europe with high energy costs to the point people cannot afford food.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marenghi posted:

Instead it's hammered Europe with high energy costs to the point people cannot afford food.

I don't think you'd want to swap places tbh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Marenghi posted:

Oh word that's why Brits are hosed?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh word that's why Brits are hosed?

There are many many reasons we're hosed, of which that is only one

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

They said Europe, not the UK

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

They said Europe, not the UK

Quoting a piece about the UK? I decided to make an rear end out of U and me. :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Quoting a piece about the UK? I decided to make an rear end out of U and me. :shrug:

I was trying to make a brexit joke :shobon:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

Sara needs to shut the gently caress up before she gets a date with a blanket and fifteen padlocks in socks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Apparently, the moderation team are scabs.

#FreeDanaru

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Ham Equity posted:

#FreeDanaru

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shame Boy posted:

I was trying to make a brexit joke :shobon:
"Brexit joke" is a tautology

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ham Equity posted:

#FreeDanaru

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
smh looks like some of you need to take part in the 'coffee with a mod' program

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ham Equity posted:

#FreeDanaru

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

smh looks like some of you need to take part in the 'coffee with a mod' program

Don't you guys all submit your posting timesheets? Shitposts per day, effortposts per topic, how else are the mods supposed to track your stats.

I feel we need more invasive algorithmic systems for posting oversight. Posters are like children who need to be disciplined.

Which explains why the mods are s (USER WAS SHOT FOR THIS POST)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mysterious suicide by 2 shots to back of head in a locked cabinet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sanlav posted:

The last conversation I had with my sister, she was bragging about how she scored the highest in the office and got taken out to lunch by management at her property management fund. IDK what they did to that generation. She was downright giddy about giving them every minute on the clock. No bonus, no promotions in 3 years there, but senpai noticed her and it's like it was all worth it.

What generation, X?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

And people lament the loss of folk heroes

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Sanlav posted:

Idiocy-as-a-service

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Map23: Bushels O'Fun

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

This seems like a good use of time, attention, money, media bandwidth, etc.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1559457465531568128

eta: lol

https://twitter.com/ohheythereholls/status/1559620173576945665

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I forgot, do you need to license youtube videos from creators or does youtube technically own everyone's videos, and you only need to credit the author? Maybe I'm thinking about instagram.

E: Yep, there it is.

Paladinus has issued a correction as of 15:51 on Aug 17, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Falstaff posted:

This seems like a good use of time, attention, money, media bandwidth, etc.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1559457465531568128

There's a version of this where they use sensors to give the snake control over the legs, but this just seems to be a snake sitting inside a primitive robo-tube which is being controlled by a laptop? The former would have obvious potential application in robotics and prosthetics, the latter is just some nerd playing with some off-the-shelf servo components.

Not really a big deal either way, it's not like this dude was going to solve global warming if we took away his toys.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

What exactly do you think "welfare queens" means, because it's not that

I'm comparing the Queen to trust fundies.

I also love the idea of a wfh job where you can meaningfully measure productivity. Yes, keystrokes per minute is definitely telling me something about the value of the worker.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's a version of this where they use sensors to give the snake control over the legs, but this just seems to be a snake sitting inside a primitive robo-tube which is being controlled by a laptop? The former would have obvious potential application in robotics and prosthetics, the latter is just some nerd playing with some off-the-shelf servo components.

Not really a big deal either way, it's not like this dude was going to solve global warming if we took away his toys.

No. All fun must stop this instance. Suffering must be constant and unending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That snake robot is cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Failed Imagineer posted:

Twitter only exists for dunking on everything so I assume he went through all that trouble just so he could poo poo on CNN for sharing his video.