Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I had every item I needed for the Tower quests, today I get to ATI XVI and I'm short 45 cotton and I'm out of grape juice. So Cotton jail it is for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
2000 eggplants for runestone 20. Yay?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I got about 18B from sphere sales today but I've also been tossing nets at crystal river to get more RS12 (and progress on the slower masteries there). I started out about 250 behind and now I'm under 100.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Good event. I unlocked the Tower, hit 4x99, climbed to T20, got all the pets except onion at level 6. Now I'm trying to determine if I have the motivation necessary for the endgame mastery grind.

Also, I've decided I'm exclusively exploring with ciders and APs from now on, efficiency be damned. gently caress mindless repetitive clicking.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Embrace the Corn Hell you fuckers. It's never going to end.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Unponderable posted:

Good event. I unlocked the Tower, hit 4x99, climbed to T20, got all the pets except onion at level 6. Now I'm trying to determine if I have the motivation necessary for the endgame mastery grind.

Also, I've decided I'm exclusively exploring with ciders and APs from now on, efficiency be damned. gently caress mindless repetitive clicking.

Haha I’ve been pretty much only using cider and AP for a bit, but I used them all during the event. Most locations aren’t too bad but Highland Hills is crazy, minutes and minutes of tapping. Sometimes I had to stop and check, like maybe Inventory Monitor isn’t working to tell me when to stop, but it is.

The issue/reason is the drop rates are so similar so you don’t get to far ahead on any one item and just keep tapping.
Its not all bad though, almost enough toilet paper to finish the quests, good progress on green shield, purple handbag, amethyst necklace grandmasteries from it all.

End of event stats:
114,426,417,994 silver
75 ascension knowledge
84 tower level

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I tried playing this game like a year ago but never got really far. My account seemed to have been deleted but I have been playing on and off this summer. This week I discovered the in game Library and oh god things are finally clicking.

Just got the sawmill and dang this money making is so great. I can't wait until I can finally use the fruits of my labour rather than just reinvesting constantly on my mill. I'm so excited!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Last night I sunk 25m into oranges. Gotta get that oj. The sawmill has been great though I lack commitment. I just spent the gold on unlimited iron/nails after spending too much on the Ironworks. Oops.

What's the smart buy in borgen? Or should I just spin the wheel? I have 520 ac (max) plus today's dailies to pickup plus the 14d reward. Need to burn these things.

Thinking about just stocking up on cider.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have identifies the 3 raptors with the highest total stats and have had them paeticipating for a while.
Their ranks seems to have stabilized at around 8k.
Should i be using my raptor claws on them to boost their stats?
Would that increase the soap/hour i get? Im thinking that once the rank stabilizes they will win 50% of their fights, i.e. rank doesnt matter for soap/hour?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Tower unlocked and straight to floor 27

Having 24 minute corn is amazing

https://twitter.com/sixinchbeys/status/1555312974792986624?s=20&t=Ny9oI33S4dqbmzh9eF5pAg

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
One golden pepper away from completing Towering Investment XVI. :(

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Piquai Souban posted:

One golden pepper away from completing Towering Investment XVI. :(

They've added reward buttons under all the jobs now, and golden peppers were one of the rewards. You may need to refresh.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

koshmar posted:

They've added reward buttons under all the jobs now, and golden peppers were one of the rewards. You may need to refresh.

That's in beta.

Craftworks is live for the rest us freeloaders though, and a new pet.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Lone Goat posted:

That's in beta.

Ahhh, I can send some golden peppers

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

And the new exploring zone...which has an interesting way to increase exploring effectiveness.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Xerol posted:

And the new exploring zone...which has an interesting way to increase exploring effectiveness.

Ciders and lemonades don't work until you complete a yet to be finished questline :thumbsup:

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Also if you run into the worm it eats a lot of saved stamina. I like it as a concept but the fact we can’t do anything to resolve the issue until the quest is released is kind of dumb.

I was hoping for a bump in XP for exploration.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

That's in beta.

This might get me to toss a few bucks in the hat to get enough things to chain together. Do crafting bonuses work there? The % chance to get extra item.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

koshmar posted:

Ahhh, I can send some golden peppers

Appreciate it, Mandrill came through for me.

The update today is amazing - the dude in charge of this game is really impressive.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

What are everyone’s craftworks favorites? Twine, boards, planks seem good but curious about what you are finding.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Piquai Souban posted:

What are everyone’s craftworks favorites? Twine, boards, planks seem good but curious about what you are finding.

3 slots ATM

I do twine, rope, nets, at night, I'd need two more slots for rings and LNs to fully flesh it out
Right now I'm doing, bucket, chum, wooden barrel to GM those, should pickup an extra slot for boards from wood

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
5 slots right now and I'm just crafting up to Twine/Rope/Net and Plank/Box. Haven't put more thought into how to maximize just yet, and I'm still focused on getting 4x99 and doing ATI quests.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Piquai Souban posted:

Twine, ropes, nets, paste, leather for mindless forest clickspam.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I just got everything required for large nets. 600 gold felt like I'd saved up way more than necessary, but turns out that was actually exactly what was required. I end most days with hundreds of unused antlers, so excited to change that

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Opened up six slots, 5 for twine/rope/iron ring/net/large nets, one flex slot for whatever I’m plinking away at.

Once I get more I’ll probably do mushroom paste as a default.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Starting with Twine/Rope/Yarn/Board GM Item Limited by Another Item (i.e. Chum, Broom)/Unlimited Board GM Item (i.e. Wagon Wheel, Wood Plank)

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Do you need to have it craft all the components as well? So for nets you’d have it making twine, then rope, the nets? Rather than just have nets set up I mean. Also a shame there’s no drip feed of antlers coming in!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I still use wood a lot so no craftwork boards for me. I got twine and Sturdy Bow right now. Saving gold for max orchard before I buy more.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

Do you need to have it craft all the components as well? So for nets you’d have it making twine, then rope, the nets? Rather than just have nets set up I mean. Also a shame there’s no drip feed of antlers coming in!

Yes, you need to have every craftable component in the chain included if you want to be able to keep making the end craft.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I still use wood a lot so no craftwork boards for me. I got twine and Sturdy Bow right now. Saving gold for max orchard before I buy more.

I do Boards -> Planks right now with my 1 slot. Can always pause it if you need to stack up some wood. This means my sawmill is slowly GM'ing planks automatically but I still have wood.

monkeytennis posted:

Do you need to have it craft all the components as well?

No. In my above setup wood converts straight to planks. Click Wood -> Boards, then click Boards -> Sturdy Shields.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

H110Hawk posted:

I do Boards -> Planks right now with my 1 slot. Can always pause it if you need to stack up some wood. This means my sawmill is slowly GM'ing planks automatically but I still have wood.

No. In my above setup wood converts straight to planks. Click Wood -> Boards, then click Boards -> Sturdy Shields.

Im trying to GM wooden swords and probably brooms after that. Once done I will auto convert those for sure

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah, it doesn’t auto craft prerequisites.

Mine is currently set to twine/rope/net/LN/iron ring/chum. I also have a glass set saved for when I’m refilling my glass items.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I turned on a new workshop item with 404 silver and now I have -3,513 silver. :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The craftworks is an incredible qol upgrade for someone with my activity level.

I check the game a handful of times per day and rarely use more than a 3rd of my daily antlers. Now ill always get to use all of them.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The worm takes 10% of your stamina so I will no longer be exploring there holy moly

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Any recommendations for a second item set? I think I'll leave my large net one going until the antlers are gone, but undecided what to put on next. I think I've done most of the easy masteries which can be done with just stone and wood, except wooden swords, so I guess I'll do them next along with some leather and mushroom paste just in case maybe.

Maybe also one designed for when I'm exploring the whispering creek or forest? So just crafts things with their byproducts I guess?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

tildes posted:

Any recommendations for a second item set? I think I'll leave my large net one going until the antlers are gone, but undecided what to put on next. I think I've done most of the easy masteries which can be done with just stone and wood, except wooden swords, so I guess I'll do them next along with some leather and mushroom paste just in case maybe.

Maybe also one designed for when I'm exploring the whispering creek or forest? So just crafts things with their byproducts I guess?

I’ve currently got 5: AFK that’s Twine Focused, AFK for when I’m full on Twine, Forest, Ember Lagoon, and Whispering Creek.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I spent all my gold yesterday so this is a very inconvenient time to release a feature dependent on gold.

On the other hand, 50 minute corn is feeling pretty good.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

wagon wheels are a pretty decent craftworks item if you want a good board sink, especially if you'll be away a couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:magemage: