Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Actually both neighbors should let the grass grow because the insects are dying and the world is dying.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

please don't start bitching and moaning about lawns again

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hawowanlawow posted:

please don't start bitching and moaning about lawns again

Look at this guy who's never had to loving mow in the summer. Must be nice richy rich.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Look at this guy who's never had to loving mow in the summer. Must be nice richy rich.

the lawn I mowed as a kid in 100 degree heat was uphill both ways bitch

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I haven't mowed my lawn all summer.
It's overgrown as gently caress and I don't care. Let the insects flourish.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

the lawn I mowed as a kid in 100 degree heat was uphill both ways bitch

drat what'd they give you as a reward? Golden Newbalances?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Our neighbors were nice and would try to help out my "poor old" mom by mowing some of her lawn too while they were at it

My mom thought it was a plot to steal part of her lawn lol

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Actually both neighbors should let the grass grow because the insects are dying and the world is dying…

…Cloud.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now that's what I call a funny picture.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Now that's what I call a funny picture.

Don't eat my cow, man.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Actually both neighbors should let the grass grow because the insects are dying and the world is dying.

i would happily let the world die if it meant insects died too

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

cock hero flux posted:

i would happily let the world die if it meant insects died too

well i have good news

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

PainterofCrap posted:

Personally, I'd dig up my half & turn it into a flower bed

If it wasn't an HOA violation.

:hmmyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Personally, I'd dig up their half & turn it into a flower bed

If it was an HOA violation.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Bloop posted:

Personally, I'd dig up their half & turn it into a flower bed

If it was an HOA violation.

You... You didn't say which half you meant...

YOU DIDN'T SAY WHICH HALF YOU MEANT!!!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/sosU98j.mp4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scholtz posted:

You... You didn't say which half you meant...

YOU DIDN'T SAY WHICH HALF YOU MEANT!!!

THEIR HALF as opposed to My Half

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

This is fascinating and confusing without sound.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This is fascinating and confusing without sound.

Huge improvement on it then, the sound is very, very bad.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

THEIR HALF as opposed to My Half

You mean your 1/2.8th? You know we measured that last year, Ricky, and the county agreed!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
There's no point in mowing such a pitiful strip, like, ever. What are you going to do, hold a family picnic on that square foot of grass? Just leave it be so maybe some pollinator can find a sad lonely flower there or at least rest there in shade. And you don't have to water it either to prevent it from getting scorched in the sun.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just pick up a half dozen bags of quickrete and enjoy six more square feet of driveway

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nenonen posted:

There's no point in mowing such a pitiful strip, like, ever. What are you going to do, hold a family picnic on that square foot of grass? Just leave it be so maybe some pollinator can find a sad lonely flower there or at least rest there in shade. And you don't have to water it either to prevent it from getting scorched in the sun.

You would get fined in most places in the US if it's street visible overgrown grass to say nothing of HOA bullshit

There are native ground cover exceptions in some places (even Florida!)

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

He's one of them. Gowron, head of the Klingon Empire, is a kringle.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The Bloop posted:

You would get fined in most places in the US if it's street visible overgrown grass to say nothing of HOA bullshit

European houseowner here just asking: what the gently caress America, just, what the actual gently caress

Getting fined over an overgrown lawn, now that is some poo poo

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I live in America and no we do not get fined for long grass. It's a pretty big country and I don't know where he lives but where I am that is definitely not a thing.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Scratch Monkey posted:

I live in America and no we do not get fined for long grass. It's a pretty big country and I don't know where he lives but where I am that is definitely not a thing.

It definitely is. Most towns have laws and regulations against overgrown lawns due to them being fire hazards. It's not crazy where just a lil bit of overgrowth will get you fined but if your yard is like 2 feet high and nothing but dead grass, they definitely can tell you to either get it fixed or they'll start fining you daily

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it has to be like 12-24" to get fined

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

A house in my neighborhood burned down after the owner got in a firefight with the police, after the owner shot at city employees who had come to cut his overly long grass.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Large Testicles posted:

It definitely is. Most towns have laws and regulations against overgrown lawns due to them being fire hazards. It's not crazy where just a lil bit of overgrowth will get you fined but if your yard is like 2 feet high and nothing but dead grass, they definitely can tell you to either get it fixed or they'll start fining you daily

I don't live in an HOA but I can confirm that I got a very aggressive message from the city nailed to the tree in my front yard one time when my mower broke.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

TaurusTorus posted:

A house in my neighborhood burned down after the owner got in a firefight with the police, after the owner shot at city employees who had come to cut his overly long grass.

USA.txt.jpeg.avi

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

TaurusTorus posted:

Problem solved

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

:america: 0 days since a Grass shooting

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Large Testicles posted:

Most places I've lived if the city starts bugging you about your grass length they'll eventually just send someone out to mow it for you and then send you a bill.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Xun posted:

My mom thought it was a plot to steal part of her lawn lol

Have you seen "A Serious Man"? It's totally a plot to steal her lawn!

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

How the gently caress do people decide that the thing I should really care about in my life is the length of the grass on my driveway.

"Wow this seems important enough for me to get really upset about" - a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

JOHN SKELETON posted:

How the gently caress do people decide that the thing I should really care about in my life is the length of the grass on my driveway.

"Wow this seems important enough for me to get really upset about" - a moron

Because "the '50s was the height of our great American culture, bah gawd!" :bahgawd: