Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

This glibc argument reminds me of this entertaining github issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Exactly how is glibc supposed to emit such a warning? If you're calling open(2) on the binary and manually parsing its contents, glibc doesn't know you're reading DT_HASH. I don't know exactly what EAC does here, if it's completely manually parsing ELF or if it's using libbfd for some of it, but it's entirely possible that if glibc tried to emit deprecation warnings for this they wouldn't be triggered, or would be ignored anyways.

Make DT_HASH page aligned, don't map it into the address space, install a SIGBUS handler that checks for that address range and logs a warning. If it doesn't trigger, make a statement about how you attempted to diagnose malfunctioning applications but it is difficult to detect those that go out of their way to evade your diagnostics.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I think it's a stretch to say that the DT_HASH section of the binary is part of the ABI in the first place. If nothing else, EAC is certainly doing things that are far out of the norm for a traditional Linux application. Which, is fine, it's a very unique piece of software, but it's also unsurprising that this kind of thing, happens.

Here's the official Linux ABI reference: https://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/, scroll down to "ELF and ABI Standards" and click on either "System V ABI Edition 4.1" or "System V ABI - DRAFT 24 April 2001", these are the ELF gABI documents and you can find the chapter on the DT_HASH ELF section on your own.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It also makes me wonder what exactly EAC does with DT_HASH anyways. If it's reading the contents for attestation purposes, that could be problematic because the loader actually use DT_GNU_HASH and so it might be possible to construct a binary that behaves differently between the EAC verification pass and runtime, and potentially lead to cheat injection.

Find the real, real, no for real, really real dlsym function, apparently. Since everybody and their dog supplies their own version of dlsym to inject code into applications.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

If it turns out the only significant modern consumer on Linux systems is EAC I don't think it's unreasonable for the glibc folks to say "fix it" and move on. The biggest consumer of EAC itself is Valve/Steam Deck, then Valve can just keep "bad" versions of glibc out of SteamOS until EAC is updated.

Is Valve/EAC seriously suggesting they should continue to use a 16-year deprecated feature for which they're the only modern consumer, for reasons?

The fix is passing --hash-style=both to ld instead of --hash-style=gnu, so, yes.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

xarph posted:

:magical: Web devs

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

pseudorandom name posted:

They work for Red Hat and by extension IBM, and Red Hat/IBM DGAF about the Steam Deck.

An additional wrinkle is that apparently EAC also uses a bunch of GLIBC_PRIVATE functions that got removed as a part of the merger of libc and libpthread/librt. As the name GLIBC_PRIVATE suggests, they're an internal implementation detail and they're not going to come back. So their position could be, yes, we broke EAC by removing the DT_HASH table, but we also broke EAC by removing all those GLIBC_PRIVATE functions, and we are absolutely not going to add any of the GLIBC_PRIVATE functions back so there's no real point in adding the DT_HASH table back either since EAC is going to have to fix their poo poo regardless.

Another thing to consider is that anti-tampering programs like EAC and Denuvo do a bunch of gross stuff on Windows too, stuff that Microsoft adamantly does not support like making raw system calls instead of calling functions in KERNEL32.DLL/etc. (every new build of Windows randomizes the system call numbers specifically to prevent applications from doing this), and the anti-tampering vendors have to continuously update their software to keep working as Windows changes.

So glibc refusing to budge for gross anti-tampering hacks could be them refusing to cater to this bullshit in the same way that Microsoft refuses to cater to this bullshit.

I personally think that the DT_HASH should be added back since that's trivially easy to do and costs nothing and anybody relying on GLIBC_PRIVATE symbols should go gently caress themselves.

That would be a good point if it didn't break Shovel Knight's Linux build and that libsqueeze or w/e library as well. At any rate it sounds like more of an issue with distributors' compiler settings than with glibc per se.

Hopefully Valve can come up with a proper containerized Linux runtime instead of their current LD_PRELOAD hackery but the Linux landscape does not make that easy. Last I checked they used a fork of Flatpak, but Flatpak can already handle things like the nvidia proprietary graphics driver and Flatpak applications have their own completely separate shared libraries and filesystem so I don't really know what that fork is for.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I own a deck and I just spent way too long jailbreaking an original 3ds

send help

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Is Valve/EAC seriously suggesting they should continue to use a 16-year deprecated feature for which they're the only modern consumer, for reasons?

If Linux wants to be considered a real option for binary software distribution, yes. If not, fine, but that's why binary software should target win32.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
GNU/Linux will support a stable application programming interface.

Starting ... now.

Whoops, sorry my bad, just had to fix a little bug back there. Alright, starting ....... now

Sorry sorry, just one more little fix

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I just discovered how to add icons and logos to non-steam games. Basically, just follow this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI8kSws7aS0

Also if you right click the game in steam and select properties then click the blank square next to the name you can add an icon. If you select the game through steam you can add a custom background as well by right clicking the blank background.

This is all through desktop mode.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 17, 2022

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have never once given a poo poo about cheating.

The anti cheat just gets in the way of me doing stuff, either because the anti cheat misfires or crashes or clashes with av or any of these other variables.

This would be a suitable hoop to jump in a tournament, not when I just want to play a video game in my underwear

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Make DT_HASH page aligned, don't map it into the address space, install a SIGBUS handler that checks for that address range and logs a warning. If it doesn't trigger, make a statement about how you attempted to diagnose malfunctioning applications but it is difficult to detect those that go out of their way to evade your diagnostics.
That's insane.

Here's the official Linux ABI reference: https://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/, scroll down to "ELF and ABI Standards" and click on either "System V ABI Edition 4.1" or "System V ABI - DRAFT 24 April 2001", these are the ELF gABI documents and you can find the chapter on the DT_HASH ELF section on your own.
So, my point here is that when people say "Linux doesn't have a stable userland ABI", that gives the false impression that functional aspects of the ABI pertinent to applications is unstable and if you compile a binary today there's little chance it will work on a system five years from now. But that's not really an accurate description of the situation here, and in fact, many parts of "Linux" do put a great deal of effort into ensuring compatibility.

Details of the ELF object format and symbol resolution are primarily pertinent to the loader, not applications themselves. Yes, the ELF format was standardized as part of SysV and described in the gABI--it's a rather encompassing document which isn't fully pertinent to systems of today in many aspects.

Find the real, real, no for real, really real dlsym function, apparently. Since everybody and their dog supplies their own version of dlsym to inject code into applications.
Right, so I get that EAC is doing something very special here. Because of its highly unusual behavior I don't think it's a big ask for EAC to implement support for DT_GNU_HASH. I also wonder if there's an opportunity here to work with glibc to find a way to extend the loader to provide a "give me the real dlsym" mechanism without having to manually parse the symbol table. Such a mechanism would surely have benefits for other attestation purposes, and since it's blessed, you're right to complain if it suddenly breaks.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

I did this but I can't detect my Deck when running Steam Link on my desktop. Did you have to configure anything on the Deck side?

I wonder if this is more mDNS fuckery from my router.

It should just see it and offer to pair. You might need to be on the same subnet and hosts on the network will need to be able to see each other but DNS shouldn't be involved as its all on the local network. I've done it over my phones wifi hot-spot and over my home WiFi.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Sapozhnik posted:

e: do these people not have jobs at whatever company pays them to maintain core infrastructure? where if you answer your boss with "but i don't want to do that, it's not ~elegant~" then the next thing out of his mouth is "you're fired"?

That attitude is a great way to develop lovely software that collapses under its own weight and becomes the unusable, calcified mess that is every awful internal system you’ve ever had to use.

Changes like this happen and break stuff because trying to design a system, especially in an open ecosystem, that is bug-for-bug compatible forever is prohibitively expensive unless you abuse monopoly power like Microsoft. So the only option is to say “here’s our interface, this won’t change so target this, mess with any bits outside of this and your poo poo might break any time”, then people build poo poo on the stuff you said might break any time, and get surprised and mad when it breaks.

Hyrum’s Law was mentioned before, but Hyrum’s Law is only really relevant to software as a service where users don’t have any option but to use the latest version - local software can just stay on an old version as long as you need to hook into implementation details. This does require a lot of very clear communication to your users (In this case, glibc’s users, so Valve). I recognize this isn’t helpful for users but like, Valve is more in the wrong here than the glibc devs (who also should have handled this better).

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

xarph posted:

I love how they just quote "however" and are like "yeah there is no 'however' here, gently caress off"

Very matter of fact, love it :allears:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Couldn’t EAC in theory deploy a Linux specific version of their stuff?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
There's a real cost to providing bug-for-bug compatibility for every interface-related bug that has ever surfaced. Sometimes the scope of the project or the amount of software that depends on that behavior makes the compatibility worth the effort, which is precisely why Linux has such a large number of reimplemented syscalls, or why glibc has separate implementations for every function whose internal behavior has changed in subtle ways.

Sometimes, though, providing bug-for-bug compatibility doesn't make sense--the cost is too high, and the number of consumers is too low. Occasionally I'll find buggy behavior in libraries I'm developing against, and when I do I try to work around them, but I also try to detect them and implement correct behavior assuming the bug will get fixed. I then file a bug report and pay attention to my email so that if the report is resolved I'm made aware that, that's done.

Is the cost to keeping the DT_HASH section around particularly high? In some ways, no, but it's also duplication of information that's no longer used by fundamental components of the system and so merely its presence may give false impression of its relevance. Had it been jettisoned years ago EAC wouldn't have made use of it and we wouldn't be here today. So somewhere between "it was kept around too long" and "they didn't keep it around long enough" is people getting pissed off.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Arcsech posted:

So the only option is to say “here’s our interface, this won’t change so target this, mess with any bits outside of this and your poo poo might break any time”, then people build poo poo on the stuff you said might break any time, and get surprised and mad when it breaks.

The issue that I think is relatively recent is that most code is now held together with stack overflow posts from five years prior, and no one ever checks documentation or changelogs (often they don't even know where it IS). We have software that the author doesn't even understand and thus they wouldn't be able to recognize a breaking change, let alone test any of their poo poo against beta upstream libraries.

So a critical security vulnerability comes in and suddenly your change surface is significantly larger, and you end up with even more brittle poo poo.

Stack Overflow is a double edged sword and I'm starting to feel like the edge facing the user is sharper. But until there's a work ethic in open source involving constant documentation improvements and an easy way to find it (Google will no longer help you*) software only gets worse.

I have a ticket at work with the group that manages an API because the errors returned to consumers include a URL pointing to the relevant documentation. Except the site changed owners and now all the links the API produces just 302 to the top of our developer portal, where you are at the mercy of... a google search box! "We don't have the resourcing to chase down every link and 302 it, and we also can't change the API output."

* asking google where the documentation for a library that doesn't have a corporate maintainer the size of Red Hat or Facebook just gets you SEO link mill trash that plagiarizes the wrong answers from stack overflow.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Couldn’t EAC in theory deploy a Linux specific version of their stuff?
They do, the whole thing about making EAC compatible with Proton was convincing them that it'd be acceptable to shim the Windows app's calls to the EAC library to the Linux version of EAC and not trigger the anticheat. It's the Linux version of EAC that's the issue because they interact with glibc in a particularly weirdass way that no longer works, and the handful of native Linux EAC games are just as broken as anything you run through Proton.

Worth noting that, thats also the reason that developers have to opt in to Proton compatibility because, Linux EAC is a pretty different thing and arguably less secure than the already kinda questionably effective Windows rootkit version.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Video games are the ultimate legacy software because they get released, updated maybe a few times in the months after release, then abandoned. That binary is now an immutable fact of life that is never going to change and you can choose to accommodate that or you can choose not to, but you're not going to be able to ask a game studio that went bankrupt ten years ago to please not depend on some implementation detail in glibc in their game's Linux port that they went out of their way to depend on.

I agree that keeping some vaguely-defined set of user space system libraries' visible implementation details bug-for-bug compatible in every future release until the end of time is probably a non-starter, which is why a fully containerized game runtime would be a better way of providing a native Linux development target: Valve can release a new "edition" of their containerized Steam Linux runtime for game developers to target every few years and then maintain bug-for-bug compatibility in all of those editions until the end of time if they and their 30% cut of every sale on their platform have the manpower and resources to keep doing that. The only part of the system that cannot be containerized and co-installed side by side is the Linux kernel underpinning everything, but thankfully the kernel people have (1) a very hard interface boundary that keeps their callers at arm's length which is enforced by a CPU transition into supervisor mode and (2) an ironclad commitment to maintaining compatibility along that boundary, recent eBPF bullshit notwithstanding.

Alternatively they could piggyback off the WINE project's and Microsoft's back-breaking efforts to provide an eternally stable binary programming interface that is reasonably amenable to video game development and treat the Win32-API-as-defined-by-its-actual-behavior as a development target for both Windows and Linux. Which I think is a reasonable policy and which is why I think Linux as an actual native video game development target is ultimately a non-starter.

There's something of a parallel with Linux ACPI support here. There is a written ACPI specification that nobody pays the slightest attention to: the de-facto standard for ACPI is "Whatever Windows 7, 10, 11, etc does". The Linux implementation of ACPI pretends to be a recent version of Windows (10? let's say 10 for the sake of argument) and behaves exactly like Windows 10 and any behavior that does not match the behavior of Windows 10 is considered to be a Linux bug. One of those behaviors is that Linux pretends not to be "Linux" even though a lot of ACPI firmwares have (or had, at one point) OS-specific instructions for "Linux". Nobody pays the slightest attention to any written standard, they copy-paste poo poo from Stackoverflow and once they have it working they throw it over the wall and never support it again. Crying about that state of affairs does nothing to change it.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

Video games are the ultimate legacy software because they get released, updated maybe a few times in the months after release, then abandoned. That binary is now an immutable fact of life that is never going to change and you can choose to accommodate that or you can choose not to, but you're not going to be able to ask a game studio that went bankrupt ten years ago to please not depend on some implementation detail in glibc in their game's Linux port that they went out of their way to depend on.
Again, glibc does provide bug-for-bug compatibility with past versions going on 20 years now since they introduced versioned symbols in 1999. This is something they take seriously and put real effort into.

The EAC debacle is a red-herring. The problem doesn't stem from EAC making use of a glibc-provided functional interface that has suddenly changed out from underneath it, but rather EAC trying to be entirely too clever in performing symbol lookups by parsing the binary itself. Even this is fine, as long as you specially-build your glibc to support the old style, or you run your EAC application in a container (flatpak, even) with glibc built using the compatible object format.

The rest of what you say I agree with. What frustrates me is that folks are misconstruing the EAC debacle into assuming that glibc makes no effort for compatibility when it's something they very explicitly do and have taken seriously for a long time.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Okay but again, what about like, Shovel Knight's Linux build or whatever. As far as I am aware that does not use EAC, it relies on these ELF symbol tables for some other reason.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I don't know what's up with Shovel Knight either, but it would be interesting to find out.

Generally speaking applications don't have a reason to parse the ELF tables themselves, that's the loader's job. Applications that need to load symbols generally use the libdl APIs (which, admittedly, can be shimmed to thwart DRM and anti-cheat software).

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Disappointing Pie posted:

I used emudeck to setup the emulators but no extra buttons seem to be mapped? The DS emulator I can’t swap screens, I want to be able to map fast forward and or save states for SNES and Genesis to the back buttons. Are y’all just going into the actual emulators in desktop mode and changing settings in there?
Personally I love the "trackpad as quick menu" map that I found out about in the EmuDeck DuckStation binding. Lets you bind a whole bunch of emulator functions to trackpad regions.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Sapozhnik posted:

ELF symbol tables

this sounds like some lord of the rings poo poo

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Dang I put a deposit in on 5/28 and checked the thing:

quote:

Results:

You placed a US 256GB reservation on 2022-05-28T23:19:16Z (UTC)

That is 316 days, 06 hours, 19 minutes and 16 seconds after pre-orders opened

48 days, 01 hours, 18 minutes and 40 seconds worth of pre-orders have been processed

That's 22 days, 16 hours, 14 minutes and 08 seconds more than last batch

You have 268 days, 05 hours, 00 minutes and 36 seconds worth of pre-orders to go until it is your turn (not real time)

You're 15.19 % of the way there!

I had no idea it was that stacked :gonk: I came to the thread thinking it would be happening soon

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

this sounds like some lord of the rings poo poo

DWARF is a popular debugging data format that was created for ELF…

Of course it's a LotR reference, these are nerds.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Is the cost to keeping the DT_HASH section around particularly high? In some ways, no, but it's also duplication of information that's no longer used by fundamental components of the system and so merely its presence may give false impression of its relevance.

They should take it out of the Linux Foundation spec references above, and say that there’s no uniform representation of the symbol table, before they start worrying about implying that something is relevant which is, it turns out, relevant to existing software.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Antigravitas posted:

DWARF is a popular debugging data format that was created for ELF…

Of course it's a LotR reference, these are nerds.

Christ, I’ve been doing Linux poo poo since 0.99 days and I never made that connection before. Thanks, I guess.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Tenkaris posted:

I had no idea it was that stacked :gonk: I came to the thread thinking it would be happening soon

I mean most of us waited just over a year soooo.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Disappointing Pie posted:

I mean most of us waited just over a year soooo.

Yeah I see that now. I think I must have read the year wrong on the page because I thought it said September or October. I waited for the raving reviews, I wasn't going to commit before it came out but I also wanted to feel comfortable I had enough savings for when I had to pay :shrug:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tenkaris posted:

You might already know this, but you are not waiting 268 days for it. That number is how many days worth of pre-orders they have to go through. They fulfilled 15 "days" of pre-orders on Monday.

All orders will be completed before the end of the year so worse case 4 months, but at the rate they are getting these things out I'd put a guess you'll be before October.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Athanatos posted:

You might already know this, but you are not waiting 268 days for it. That number is how many days worth of pre-orders they have to go through. They fulfilled 15 "days" of pre-orders on Monday.

All orders will be completed before the end of the year so worse case 4 months, but at the rate they are getting these things out I'd put a guess you'll be before October.

Yeah I was surprised to see there's still like 270 days worth, but thinking more about it I guess the number per day varies, like the holiday season days will probably be bulkier, etc. but glad to know the September estimate they gave me is still a realistic hope!

Soysaucebeast posted:

I would double check to see what the official Steam page says. They said recently that everyone who already had their orders in by [date I can't remember but it was only a few weeks ago] would get theirs by the end of this year. I just checked mine, and I ordered the 512gig on 5/8/2022 and I'm scheduled to get it Q4 of 2022. You should be right around there too.

Yes you're right, it's still projected in Q4. Great news! :)

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 18, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Installed the Hall effect sticks today. Process went great, except I forgot to remove my 512gb memory card and guillotined it. :sigh:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i think i've finally come around on streaming content. just helped someone through hemwick charnel lane using chiaki to stream from my ps5.

bloodborne goty

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I got my deck and so far I’m so jazzed. Alan Wake shows as great on deck but won’t launch. Arkham Asylum is supposed to work with ProtonGE but didn’t launch either. So far only Aperture desk assistant and Mark of the Ninja have worked for me.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Tenkaris posted:

I would double check to see what the official Steam page says. They said recently that everyone who already had their orders in by [date I can't remember but it was only a few weeks ago] would get theirs by the end of this year. I just checked mine, and I ordered the 512gig on 5/8/2022 and I'm scheduled to get it Q4 of 2022. You should be right around there too.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

They should take it out of the Linux Foundation spec references above, and say that there’s no uniform representation of the symbol table, before they start worrying about implying that something is relevant which is, it turns out, relevant to existing software.
It's unfortunate that the latest version of the LSB references SHT_HASH and not SHT_GNU_HASH, which is valid criticism (the undocumented complaint). That alone may be enough to encourage desktop-focused distributions to compile glibc with --hash-style=both even if upstream glibc has other priorities and wants to move forward. This appears to be what Arch is doing and I imagine Debian, Ubuntu, etc., would follow suit. Which I think is reasonable--glibc is a project with a very broad set of targets and since this is a problem that's manifesting in desktop-related software, desktop-focused distributions may be more willing to accommodate. But also, now that the behavior is understood EAC should also update their stuff.

Full disclosure: I recently worked on a project that required similar libdl shenanigans and a deep dive into the .gnu sections of compiled libraries. I found the documentation lacking as well, but with the glibc source and some empirical testing was able to work my way through it pretty well. That experience may inform my opinions here.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

either way it sucks that games with EAC can't be played on Deck. would like to try lost ark at some point but apparently it's broken and won't get past the title according to protondb

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

either way it sucks that games with EAC can't be played on Deck. would like to try lost ark at some point but apparently it's broken and won't get past the title according to protondb
None of this effects the deck because it hasn't updated to thos version of glibc, Lost Ark is just them not flipping the switch to enable Linux support.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

MarcusSA posted:

https://www.emudeck.com/

For emulation

As for anything else that’s up to you lol

Cowman posted:

Emudeck is what you need. It doesn't provide a BIOS/Firmware for the emulators that need it due to legal reasons but they're easy to find and not difficult to install.

I've only done the Playstation emulators but to install them just get the BIOS and look at where the emulator searches for the BIOS and plop them there. It's way easier if you just copy/paste the directory into Dolphin (what they call the Explorer) and go directly to it.

It's pretty easy to set up and if you do PS2 emulation make sure to disable the PS2-Legacy Parser in Steam ROM Manager otherwise you'll get doubles in your steam library.

I've got it mostly set up on my deck and can walk you through it if you want, just PM me. I haven't done switch emulation so I don't know how that works.

Edit: Or join the discord, it's quite helpful!

Thanks for all this! Very useful.

Although before I get that far, I seem to be having a problem with the deck connecting to my wifi network. It connects to the hotspot on my phone just fine but the home network I keep getting a "cannot connect" error, even after resetting the network, going into developer mode and disabling the power management for the wifi, etc.

Is there a useful guide for how to effectively resolve this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You may need to set your WiFi to 2.4GHz because I've heard the Deck has problems connecting to some 5GHz networks.