Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Ketchup is good in any curry involving tomato as well. Vinegar + tomato + sugar all in one, it saves you those steps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i think phonecalls are inconvenient because people tend to call me while i'm working but most things people claim is "traumatic" is bullshit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Calling someone and then putting them on hold is a dishonorable act.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Animal-Mother posted:

Making a phone call is not difficult, let alone traumatic, and all these people roughly under age 35 who claim they take psychic damage from phone calls need to toughen up.

"If you suffer a form of anxiety I find silly, suck it up" IS an unpopular opinion. It's also nonsense.

Also thanks for the good wishes folks. Hope that whichever person bought the AV is working on better burns.

Shibawanko posted:

i think phonecalls are inconvenient because people tend to call me while i'm working but most things people claim is "traumatic" is bullshit

Oh good it's this opinion again. Other people aren't you goofus. Sometimes people can find poo poo traumatic even if you wouldn't.

We can all afford to be kinder to each other and try to be more understanding. Going "ehhh your making it up" is nonsense and performative cruelty used only by shitheads.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Aug 17, 2022

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I do appreciate when someone tries to schedule a phone call with me beforehand

Actual phone conversations are nice but I don't think modern life has room for random conversations throughout the day

A company calling can suck my Google call screen

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

"If you suffer a form of anxiety I find silly, suck it up" IS an unpopular opinion. It's also nonsense.

Also thanks for the good wishes folks. Hope that whichever person bought the AV is working on better burns.

Oh good it's this opinion again. Other people aren't you goofus. Sometimes people can find poo poo traumatic even if you wouldn't.

people talk themselves into believing all kinds of nonsense. thinking phonecalls in and of themselves are traumatic is silly

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's wild to remember that there were multiple people who would just call me and talk to me for hours all after like 11:00 PM Arizona time.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i used to call my friend in school. he'd often be on the toilet and would hold the phone to his rear end to let me listen to his farts ftw. this didn't traumatize me by the way

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Voicemails are traumatic. Just loving why

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

people talk themselves into believing all kinds of nonsense. thinking phonecalls in and of themselves are traumatic is silly

Nonsense like "why can't you speak proper is a correct response to people with a stutter" and "my thoughts warrant recording"?

Anxiety exists and can match up with lots of things that we personally don't find worrying.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

? i don't get what you're saying

anxiety isnt the same as trauma

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

? i don't get what you're saying

anxiety isnt the same as trauma

What people are saying, most of the time, when they talk about the trauma of making phone calls is how anxious it makes them.

Trauma can come from lots of different things and it'd be better if we accommodated that instead of just declaring "that is not traumatic".

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

What people are saying, most of the time, when they talk about the trauma of making phone calls is how anxious it makes them.

Trauma can come from lots of different things and it'd be better if we accommodated that instead of just declaring "that is not traumatic".

youve clearly never had to deal with a "me me me" narcissist because they love it when reality can just be whatever you decide it is and anything can be declared traumatic

if you dont like phonecalls that sucks. i dont like them either much but i dont buy the histrionics about a simple plastic device. you can also just not pick up

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I hate talking on the phone cuz my brain kinda wigs out trying to figure out what ppl are saying without all the extra info of facial expressions and body language. Most of the time it's not an issue but it requires a lot of concentration. If the line is bad forget it

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Shibawanko posted:

he'd often be on the toilet and would hold the phone to his rear end to let me listen to his farts ftw. this didn't traumatize me by the way

Lmao this made my day

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

if you dont like phonecalls that sucks. i dont like them either much but i dont buy the histrionics about a simple plastic device. you can also just not pick up

I mean I can't say I have. Most of the time I think people are trying their best. Most people are.

I don't mind them. But it could be tricky. Same way that some people have difficulty dealing with other lovely things that happen to them. It doesn't hurt anyone to be kinder.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shibawanko posted:

youve clearly never had to deal with a "me me me" narcissist because they love it when reality can just be whatever you decide it is and anything can be declared traumatic

Yeah, those crazy narcissists who don't believe any experiences other than theirs can possibly be real, what a pain those people must be.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It should be illegal to have children work as actors.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah. Stop paying them

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

Got your hands on Jennette McCurdy’s memoir I’m Glad My Mom Died?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

thetoughestbean posted:

Got your hands on Jennette McCurdy’s memoir I’m Glad My Mom Died?

No I don’t read memoirs or biographies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gripweed posted:

We've got to be almost at the point where kids in TV and film can just be deepfaked using adult actors anyway.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

It should be illegal to have children

As someone currently dealing with their own infertility and at the age where friends are starting to have their 2nd and 3rd children I can't help but feel like I've found my superpower

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

2nd Amendment posted:

A Sexy supervillian. Такого как Путин

More people deserve to know this reference.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

I shared the video with a friend of mine as a joke and he ended up incorporating it into a paper he was writing about propaganda. He's got tenure lol.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

We've got to be almost at the point where kids in TV and film can just be deepfaked using adult actors anyway.

What We Do In The Shadows is pioneering this technology.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Cocktail sauce is under utilized as a condiment. Not only is it great with pretty much anything fried, but it’s also great on burgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc.

The secret is to put all the horseradish in when you make it. It should be a vaguely pink chunky spread.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

apparently this an an unpopular opinion: houses with painted white brick and black trim look like absolute poo poo

anyone who paints a brick wall should be committed

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

hawowanlawow posted:

apparently this an an unpopular opinion: houses with painted white brick and black trim look like absolute poo poo

Yup, and people that paint flagstone should be shot. In the face with a SuperSoaker full of hot sauce.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There should be a fast food place that serves non-greasy food for people with sensitive tummies.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

There should be a fast food place that serves non-greasy food for people with sensitive tummies.

you can get a salad from subway how much more do you want

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I want to not go to Subway.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

hawowanlawow posted:

Absolutely! My neighborhood is almost entirely brick houses and there's only one house that's painted and it drives me crazy every time I see it.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Malls, especially busy malls, should have one day a week that small children aren’t allowed. Adult swim, but for shopping

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Fast food vegetables is how you get e-coli

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

thetoughestbean posted:

Malls, especially busy malls, should have one day a week that small children aren’t allowed. Adult swim, but for shopping

Amusement parks should also have ~1 day a month like this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

thetoughestbean posted:

I genuinely can't imagine your motivation for this. Malls, especially busy malls, are always loud so the noise isn't an issue. Malls have really big walking areas so it's not hard to avoid tripping over strange kids. Do you want to drink? Is that the idea, that if minors won't allowed you could get a cocktail at the food court and sip it as you window shop?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

I genuinely can't imagine your motivation for this. Malls, especially busy malls, are always loud so the noise isn't an issue. Malls have really big walking areas so it's not hard to avoid tripping over strange kids. Do you want to drink? Is that the idea, that if minors won't allowed you could get a cocktail at the food court and sip it as you window shop?

I work at a mall, one the largest and busiest malls in the United States, and I am tired of hearing children scream. One guaranteed day of no children screaming would be nice

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Where the hell still has a mall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Byzantine posted:

Where the hell still has a mall?

Minnesota, New Jersey