Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Getting bots in matchmaking is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixotic
Jan 14, 2008

He could be in this very room!
He could be
you!
He could be
me!
He could even b:commissar:
I am now doing South Vern for the sixth time. Sixth. loving. Time.

My body yearns for the sweet release of death and level 1415 Chaos Dungeons.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What's your average run time? I have some alts that I've been putting off pushing to 1415 but finally decided to do it.

Pixotic
Jan 14, 2008

He could be in this very room!
He could be
you!
He could be
me!
He could even b:commissar:

Hyper Inferno posted:

What's your average run time? I have some alts that I've been putting off pushing to 1415 but finally decided to do it.

2.5-3.5 hours depending on how distracted I am. I'm pretty sure you can clear it faster; I tend to do all the yellow quests along the way for the bonus loot.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The latter half of the S. Vern story has some cool cutscenes, but I'm a little sad that no one from Punika shows up.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I really enjoy the combat, and even the story/world building is decent (albeit a little cliche and Diablo-esque). But the amount of filler they put in on the main quests really drag it down imo. Lots of running around to talk to 8 random NPCs for their opinion, run all over town to get dumpling ingredients, go pet 3 cows, comb 5 horses, then shovel their manure for the pigs, etc. It's just lots of mindlessly running back and forth without combat for stupid poo poo. I hope it gets more interesting as I go along, as it is my play sessions get shorter and shorter as I struggle to keep giving a poo poo about talking to 5 npcs spread around a city with no enemies for the Nth time...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Finding Valtan parties is impossible as a Deadeye holy gently caress

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you're on level for the content it's hard to find a group as any dps. Even over leveled there's 8 million dps applicants for every party, they can pick and choose whatever they want.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cinara posted:

If you're on level for the content it's hard to find a group as any dps. Even over leveled there's 8 million dps applicants for every party, they can pick and choose whatever they want.

It's not that, I get that, I was getting rejected for people the exact same ilvl and engraving power as me, in some cases like 10-15 ilvls lower

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't been keeping up with the item level 1415+ content, but noticed last night that people are now offering buses/solo kills or whatever?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
People have been bussing since day 1.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cinara posted:

People have been bussing since day 1.

Whoops, okay I need to put more effort into my main to get caught up.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the item level 1415+ content, but noticed last night that people are now offering buses/solo kills or whatever?
Bus culture has exploded. Especially with the 1370 honing buff & people having relic sets and being higher ilvl so it's easy enough to 2p/4p bus.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
A friend said people were worried about bussing now because they'd get banned if they got paid using RMT gold. Is that not true?

Maybe that's just a lie the person told as a cover as for why they got banned. I just hit 1415 myself and I'll probably end up getting bussed to get some starter gear at least. I gotta fix my jewelry and engravings first though.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

OGS-Remix posted:

A friend said people were worried about bussing now because they'd get banned if they got paid using RMT gold. Is that not true?

Maybe that's just a lie the person told as a cover as for why they got banned. I just hit 1415 myself and I'll probably end up getting bussed to get some starter gear at least. I gotta fix my jewelry and engravings first though.
There was a misinformation campaign on the forums saying people would be. So far, that's not true. AGS even came out and said you won't get banned for it.

There was a high profile case where someone paid 500k for a hell mode valtan bus and someone/maybe multiple people got banned, but that's a really complicated, outlier case and not 3k for a vykas bus or 1.xk for argos.

The only potential false positive I've seen was someone merging gems to try and roll level 10 dps gems who "made" 5.6m gold but actually because he was just gambling lost gold despite how it looked. The automated detection allegedly flagged him for that.

So... probably be careful if you're dealing with multiple transactions of >100k gold that mostly comes from RMTers.

They also do unban people who get falsely banned. There have been a few cases of people getting banned & then unbanned within 2 business days. They've been cracking down pretty hard on RMT because after they patched the easy stuff & implemented some server side detection of bots, the RMT companies started using stolen credit cards and doing mass chargebacks to get gold which causes big problems for AGS & costs them money.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 15, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

S.J. posted:

It's not that, I get that, I was getting rejected for people the exact same ilvl and engraving power as me, in some cases like 10-15 ilvls lower

I've heard of people purposely not inviting deadeyes because everyone claims they are terrible. I've only personally seen one deadeye so far in any of my groups and I've been doing valtan/vykas for months. So they're either super rare or people are not inviting them. Its the least common class by far. I've seen more arcanists than deadeyes.

Khorne posted:

Bus culture has exploded. Especially with the 1370 honing buff & people having relic sets and being higher ilvl so it's easy enough to 2p/4p bus.

Yeah I've been trying to do alt runs for argos and I can barely find a party that wasn't a bus or overgeared speedruns. I can't wait for it to get to 1415 and see how valtan normal is with busses. I don't mind bussing. People who can't run the content get to see the fight and get some gear. People that can bus earn some money. But wow it is super common now and I think people are just lazy to sit down and learn the fights when its so effortless to just get bussed.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

Yeah I've been trying to do alt runs for argos and I can barely find a party that wasn't a bus or overgeared speedruns. I can't wait for it to get to 1415 and see how valtan normal is with busses. I don't mind bussing. People who can't run the content get to see the fight and get some gear. People that can bus earn some money. But wow it is super common now and I think people are just lazy to sit down and learn the fights when its so effortless to just get bussed.
Argos is an outlier because it's super efficient to get bussed at 1370 with no gear vs gearing up at 1370 and honing to 1400 & then regearing at 1415. With some of the cheaper buses now, you not only get more mats doing p3 instead of p1 but also make more gold.

There are still plenty of p3 that take 1400s and plenty of p1 that are for 1370s. There are even p2 runs still sometimes, I did one on my 2nd roster last week and it was a total disaster.

There are some valtan busses, and once they add 1415 honing buff it will likely explode in popularity too. Not really sure if Vykas will ever be popular because it takes 3 runners & you do gate1 in normal. I'd expect more people will actually run valtan/vykas than take buses, but I don't know if people can afford to gear 1415 alts or how much time people have to raid on alts etc. Those will be the two deciding factors imo.

S.J. posted:

stats, engravings, tripods, gems?

Most people invite deadeyes imo. They have a good buff and they're a high tier class, and they're also not common. But people are weird about inviting certain classes sometimes, I've been gatekept on arcana & zerker. Arcana is more deserved because I am a big cheapo on tripods due to +4 being 8k or something and me not wanting to gamble on the resell. people also gate on roster level which is also weird to me.

I am pretty chill when I organize groups and look for 3x3 for normal mode stuff + correct stats + at least having gems equipped. If it's hm I dunno, it depends what the group already looks like & whether it's valtan or vykas. HM Vykas I discriminate a lot more on any odd choices but that's because HM vykas can either take 20 minutes or 4 hours depending on who you invite. In HM valtan, I'll invite 3x3s sometimes if the group already has one or two people who can pump damage.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 15, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khorne posted:

Argos is an outlier because it's super efficient to get bussed at 1370 with no gear vs gearing up at 1370 and honing to 1400 & then regearing at 1415. With some of the cheaper buses now, you not only get more mats doing p3 instead of p1 but also make more gold.

There are still plenty of p3 that take 1400s and plenty of p1 that are for 1370s. There are even p2 runs still sometimes, I did one on my 2nd roster last week and it was a total disaster.

There are some valtan busses, and once they add 1415 honing buff it will likely explode in popularity too. Not really sure if Vykas will ever be popular because it takes 3 runners & you do gate1 in normal. I'd expect more people will actually run valtan/vykas than take buses, but I don't know if people can afford to gear 1415 alts or how much time people have to raid on alts etc. Those will be the two deciding factors imo.

stats, engravings, tripods, gems?

Most people invite deadeyes imo. They have a good buff and they're a high tier class, and they're also not common. But people are weird about inviting certain classes sometimes, I've been gatekept on arcana & zerker. Arcana is more deserved because I don't have relic set yet & my tripods are trash (mostly because a single +4 tripod is like 8k on arcana & I'm not gambling that much gold on whether I can resell it after or not.)

Nah, gear was fine, gems are all 5/6s, 3/3/3, had just hit 1415 this week and most of the other 1415s I saw were running 0-2 pieces of relic accessories as was I. Really sucks I have no pheons to actually buy anything any more. Although I am playing pistoleer and I know that's the worse of the engravings

Khorne
May 1, 2002

S.J. posted:

Nah, gear was fine, gems are all 5/6s, 3/3/3, had just hit 1415 this week and most of the other 1415s I saw were running 0-2 pieces of relic accessories as was I. Really sucks I have no pheons to actually buy anything any more. Although I am playing pistoleer and I know that's the worse of the engravings
Being a deadeye works in your favor, it's unlikely anyone even knows what class engraving is good. I'd invite a 3x3 deadeye with 4+ gems to valtan normal without thinking twice unless you had weird rainbow stats or something.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khorne posted:

Being a deadeye works in your favor, it's unlikely anyone even knows what class engraving is good. I'd invite a 3x3 deadeye with 4+ gems to valtan normal without thinking twice unless you had weird rainbow stats or something.

My swiftness is higher than I want but nah it's all spec/swift

e: I am a little biased towards thinking people in the community are just poo poo though since most of the interactions I've had with people in pug groups involve them being insufferable assholes about anyone making any mistakes at all

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Being on level at 1415 is really all it comes down to, there's infinite dps to pick from when making a Valtan group.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The Hell Valtan ban allegedly was not just a bus, but also a piloting where the busser has a person log onto your account to clear it for you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hyper Inferno posted:

The Hell Valtan ban allegedly was not just a bus, but also a piloting where the busser has a person log onto your account to clear it for you.

Ooof, there is no instance where this is ever a good idea.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1559303546452860928

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I don't know how rare the 10k gold bar is but I just got it for the first time today and it feels great.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

In case people were waiting for this, like me: they reenabled the free power passes yesterday. You still can’t use the purchased ones.

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/update-to-disabled-powerpasses/449952

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've never heard the term bussing before, is this just a new way of saying people that pay others to run you through content?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I've never heard the term bussing before, is this just a new way of saying people that pay others to run you through content?

I haven't heard of bussing before lost ark either. I've heard of boosting and carries but this is a new term for me. Basically yes, you have a bus driver and the people getting bussed pay a fee to get driven through the content.

pineapple3k
Feb 12, 2014

BadLlama posted:

Correct. It is mostly beneficial for 1370 characters to get a bus through p3 Argos. You get more blood from the chest, so you can make your equipment faster to hone. The purple gear stops honing when you hit 1370. You pay around 2k and then 500? for the chest, which means you don't really lose out on gold and also get extra materials.

Then I guess people do the same for valtan and vykas, if they can't clear the content?

I paid for a few busses on my alt but stopped because some of them were a pain. Some 2 man busses took around 40 minutes. Along with afkers after a wipe, etc. I suggest joining a 3 man bus if you want to do it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

BadLlama posted:

I've heard it called a "carry" in other games

Edit: already beaten

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It might be a direct translation from the Korean word used for it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ah well the more you know, thanks.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
God, I think I hosed myself with my 4x3 setup such that there's no easy way to transition to 5x3 without completely swapping out every piece of my equipment and getting legendary engraving books. Only need to save up something like 400k gold to do so :shepicide:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

RoboCicero posted:

God, I think I hosed myself with my 4x3 setup such that there's no easy way to transition to 5x3 without completely swapping out every piece of my equipment and getting legendary engraving books. Only need to save up something like 400k gold to do so :shepicide:

Yeah, that was pretty much my situation too, and I'm just only now starting to come out the other side. The good news is that gear can be cheaper than you think if you're willing to accept low quality/browse the auction house for deals and the gold comes at a decent clip with a comprehensive enough roster. Nothing can really save you from books though. I'll be rooting for you!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

While on the subject of bussing, are goons doing any bussing on Mari? I'd much rather pay a goon then some randos for sure.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RoboCicero posted:

The lowest possible setup for 5x3 that doesn't require rolling a 15+ point stone (<5%) is full relic accessories, one legendary engraving book, and a 7/7, 9/5, or 10/4 stone (roll the stone before buying too many accessories so that you know what you need). 8/6 doesn't work without a second gold book since there is no way to evenly get from 8 to 15 without wasting points.

Rationale:
5x 5/3 accessories: 40 points
Gold book: 12 points
Purple book: 9 points
Stone: 14 points
Total: 75 points

kirtar fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 18, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm out of pheons so it's gonna take me forever to even get a 4x3 relic set

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

OGS-Remix posted:

While on the subject of bussing, are goons doing any bussing on Mari? I'd much rather pay a goon then some randos for sure.

There's a small group of US West players on the discord, myself included, who do runs throughout the week. Usually carry swaps where half the party is on alts and the other half is on carries.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

There's a small group of US West players on the discord, myself included, who do runs throughout the week. Usually carry swaps where half the party is on alts and the other half is on carries.

Ok cool. The discord you're talking about is the Lost Ark with Goons one right? I'm in that too, same name as here. Is there any channel I should pay attention to if you guys are starting a group sometime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

OGS-Remix posted:

Ok cool. The discord you're talking about is the Lost Ark with Goons one right? I'm in that too, same name as here. Is there any channel I should pay attention to if you guys are starting a group sometime?

Just the NA-West discussion channel. The normal schedule right now is Wednesday is alt runs for NM/HM Valtan/Vykas, Thursday main group doing HM Vykas together, and then Sunday Argos swaps and Valtan HM on mains. Everything except the HM Vykas main run on Thursday is flexible, the Vykas run is the one where it's the nicest to have everyone together.

We're actually doing Argos swaps right now if you're in the discord.

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 19, 2022