Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

Here's my record. I'm also done after this, no time to play tomorrow. Good luck to all anglers.

pretty sure nobody topped this, well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
yeah thats insane, I never saw anything that big on lake one. Nice job

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Salty enough about losing a badge to an emulator that I just went through the arduous process of adding funds to my ps3 wallet to buy this week's game. congrats to all the more timely imp anglers.

let's begin

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

On the quest for the [relic]

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how do you get the epilogue ending? is it a beat the game twice thing

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt posted:

how do you get the epilogue ending? is it a beat the game twice thing

yep

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Off to a good start, at the first save point a while in and my memory card is too full of mgs1 saves lol. time to start over

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Mints first boss was a close one. Had 1hp left after resorting to shotgunning the nightmare down with magic.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

American McGay posted:

Forensically analyzing the background in that screenshot to find exactly where you caught that.

Since the contest is over, I can reveal my secret spot: caught it in open water in the southern portion of the lake, one of the areas with a gravel bottom. Hooked it at about 9:15. I don't think there was anything visible at the surface there, just a ping from the fish finder.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

Since the contest is over, I can reveal my secret spot: caught it in open water in the southern portion of the lake, one of the areas with a gravel bottom. Hooked it at about 9:15. I don't think there was anything visible at the surface there, just a ping from the fish finder.

Congratulations, Arch Nemesis

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Beat the game as Rue

Enjoyed it, there were a lot of fun bosses and I really liked the story. I think the usefulness of the monster transformations kinda tapered off at the end but there were a lot of cool ones. Love this guy

Looking forward to the other side

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Enjoyed it, there were a lot of fun bosses and I really liked the story. I think the usefulness of the monster transformations kinda tapered off at the end but there were a lot of cool ones. Love this guy

drat dude that was fast

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was gonna go to bed but there just wasn't a good stopping point past the mountain area. Good night

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the rolling hedgehog transform owns

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Vadun posted:

Mints first boss was a close one. Had 1hp left after resorting to shotgunning the nightmare down with magic.

Yeah it kicked my rear end the first round too and then I switched to the shotgun magic and obliterated it in 20 seconds lol. Excited to see what other sort of magic gets unlocked throughout the game, the system seems really cool. I like that physical attacks directly restore your mana, creates a cool rhythm.

I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of this game before and it didn’t jump out at me when I was going through the list of PS1 and 2 classics games that are on the ps3 store just a few days ago so I’d almost certainly never play this game if it weren’t for Game Club but I get the feeling I’m going to like it a lot. Imp Zone ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

me trying to catch a bass

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Evil Eagle posted:

Haven't played it yet but I also love that guy

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Finished the second dungeon with Mint. Health is now at 92 since I got my rear end kicked so much by King Ants.

The two boss fights were great, the sequence right after it not so much. Pretty good game so far, definitely missed the two obvious "secrets" in that dungeon and I'm sure i'll come to regret it almost immediately

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sub really going above and beyond lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Lmao. Sub ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol thanks

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

nice

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

jumping on symbols and restarting every time i fell off then running away from a boulder in the underground cave was, ah, not a highlight. Cool game though, I like the vibe, it has a bit of a Ys feel in a way I can't really pin down

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

jumping on symbols and restarting every time i fell off then running away from a boulder in the underground cave was, ah, not a highlight. Cool game though, I like the vibe, it has a bit of a Ys feel in a way I can't really pin down

just got through this and i kept loving it up. didn’t help my analog stick isn’t working with openemu.

this game has been great so far. def great vibes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Haven’t actually played this since I was young and it still kicks rear end

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i just like transforming into stuff

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
this game is chill, classic squaresoft era

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The names in this are so good. Fancy Mel

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Beat the game as Mint
: Get the Epilogue ending

Maybe it's just because I was more familiar with the game but Mint is uh...a lot stronger than Rue lol. I died maybe twice, had tens of deaths as Rue. Her story was very funny, a lot more of people yelling bitch at each other than I expected after the Rue run. I guess hers isn't canon though after watching the epilogue. Endgame magic spells were sick as hell.

Threads of Fate 2 when.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

This is what I get for taking a nap on the last day of game club. never again

lol drat you weren't kidding, well done

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If this b*tch calls me Polly one more time…

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Polly Nergigante

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If this b*tch calls me Polly one more time…

I hate her.

e: I gave wine to a homeless man and he sells me discount stat boosts now. good game

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 18, 2022