Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I loving wish Woolie would give up on LPs, he seems to exclusively pick the exact kinds of games he shouldn't be playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I noticed that the facial animations in his Mass Effect 1 Lets Play look weird. Is that a result of the Legendary Edition? Kaiden's little side grin he does is a lot less pronounced.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I loving wish Woolie would give up on LPs, he seems to exclusively pick the exact kinds of games he shouldn't be playing.

What should he be playing?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I loving wish you'd give up on posting, guy who only posts to talk about how bad you think woolie is doing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Arc Hammer posted:

I noticed that the facial animations in his Mass Effect 1 Lets Play look weird. Is that a result of the Legendary Edition? Kaiden's little side grin he does is a lot less pronounced.

Upgraded lighting and whatnot in legendary gives us a better look at the wonk

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neo_Crimson posted:

What should he be playing?

Shorter games, games that don't constantly provide him with excuses to not do anything for extended periods of time, shorter games, linear games, shorter games, games that don't invite the expectation that he has to play an entire series, shorter games, shorter games

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Woolie should become the world champion Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes player.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Shorter games, games that don't constantly provide him with excuses to not do anything for extended periods of time, shorter games, linear games, shorter games, games that don't invite the expectation that he has to play an entire series, shorter games, shorter games

Disagreed massively with this. The games that he chose to play on stream is fine with me. Also, the way you post in this thread is like Woolie/Matt/Pat personally wronged you or something. Just continue to ignore them, dude. You said you stopped caring about their content years ago.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 18, 2022

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I might roll my eyes when Woolie takes 10 minutes to clear a room but there's still plenty of funny moments to make up for it.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
That's fine and I would be lying if I said I never got frustrated watching Woolie play a game. I remember that Fire Emblem Three Houses video from years ago being rough because he didn't pay attention to the extremely basic tutorial, IIRC.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Also he LPs plenty of shorter games. Dead Space, Sifu, Silent Hill 1 & 2, Superliminal, and that's just me glancing down his list of recent playlists.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RareAcumen posted:

Woolie should become the world champion Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes player.

The true time for the R.E.G. System to flex its power

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think ME2 has actually been pretty good, albeit with the caveat of it being a second screen game so I end up just ignoring Inventory Time.

e: that one time he and Reggie got super hung up on krogan reproduction rates was classic Shut Up And Play though

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Mass Effect 1 and 2 are also pretty dang short. You can clear Mass Effect 1 in like 20-30 hours depending on how many sidequests you care about doing (most are boring don't matter.) ME2 has more DLC to pad the run time but for a shooty, talky RPG thing it's still remarkably short. Never finished 3 but I can't imagine it's any longer than 2.

It's not like he's diving into a Pillars of Eternity run or a JRPG every other month.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nah

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I want to like woolies stuff but at some point I had to admit I was scrolling through 2/3 of the progress bars of multiple ff6 videos in search of a preview image that wasn’t solid blue

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Woolie has always been a big "watch on the side" LP channel for me so how long or short the game he plays hasn't mattered to much to me. The only LP that I couldn't handle was 13 Sentinels cause half the VN section videos were more discussion than playing the game when I just wanted them to finish a VN section before going crazy corkboard theory crafting. :lol:

Besides it is the most on brand thing ever that Woolie's Elden Ring save was like 999 hours.

That said Dead Space has definitely been the most I've paid attention to one of his LPs recently rather than it just being a thing to have on as I do something else, it's just a good LP game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

maybe the issue here isn't the length of the games he's playing but him not actually playing the games he's playing. I mean certainly there is a % of his audience that enjoy the pausing but at the same time if I were the streamer I would think it would be just not very respectful of the audience's time to allow such unpredictable & disproportionately huge gaps in time between things happening. just spitballing here don't roast my rear end :kiddo:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Woolie getting mad at Reggie continuing to play Demon's Souls for the viewers while he's trying to have a conversation about armor stats or some poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

maybe the issue here isn't the length of the games he's playing but him not actually playing the games he's playing. I mean certainly there is a % of his audience that enjoy the pausing but at the same time if I were the streamer I would think it would be just not very respectful of the audience's time to allow such unpredictable & disproportionately huge gaps in time between things happening. just spitballing here don't roast my rear end :kiddo:

I feel like if people did not want to watch snailwoolie they would just watch some other streamer

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the best way to watch woolie is best-of compilations, clearly

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Woolie is going to lose his mind when he gets the Normandy Crew turned to paste by scraping the galaxy clean of content after they get kidnapped, as he won't know you are on a very strict timer from that point on to save them.

So it'll be worth watching that sequence later on.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Judge Tesla posted:

Woolie is going to lose his mind when he gets the Normandy Crew turned to paste by scraping the galaxy clean of content after they get kidnapped, as he won't know you are on a very strict timer from that point on to save them.

Tbh my one worry with the ME2 LP is whether or not he peeks or Pat or someone he trusts tells him how to avoid all the worst Bad End sequences because he's worried about any fan favorite people not being there for the final game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Andrast posted:

I feel like if people did not want to watch snailwoolie they would just watch some other streamer

then why does this conversion continuously come up

like i said, a % of his viewership prolly enjoy it just fine the way it is, but others' patience are definitely being tested judging by this thread, comments and twitch chat

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

hahaha

yes ... yes!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Tbh my one worry with the ME2 LP is whether or not he peeks or Pat or someone he trusts tells him how to avoid all the worst Bad End sequences because he's worried about any fan favorite people not being there for the final game.

He seems to want to have a pure experience as possible but the suicide mission is near guaranteed to have his chat falling over itself with hints and tips on what to do/say, as well as Pat, as mentioned.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

like i said, a % of his viewership prolly enjoy it just fine the way it is, but others' patience are definitely being tested judging by this thread, comments and twitch chat

don't ask a tiger to change its stripes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

he literally started a second channel yesterday, friend

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Disco Elysium was real good

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Bonaventure posted:

Woolie getting mad at Reggie continuing to play Demon's Souls for the viewers while he's trying to have a conversation about armor stats or some poo poo

This behavior is ridiculous though

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

hahaha

yes ... yes!
Exactly. I already watched the 100% optimal playthrough with Pat last year. Now I want to see the weird gently caress up playthrough with Reggie and Woolie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd like Reggie and Woolie to see as much Good ME3 as possible so I'd be fine with them being guided toward a non-massacre ME2 ending rather than wanting them to get Tali and others iced

although actually what will probably happen is they'll get through it however and then just clean things up via save, like Giant Bomb did for Mass Alex

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Judge Tesla posted:

someone is either going to tell him in advance or he's going to redo the ending to fix it

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Because you brought it up, dude. And like I said, I do get sometimes frustrated, keyword sometimes but most of the time, I would say over 90% of the time, the way Woolie and Reggie play games is completely fine.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
On a practical level, the only things that are very possible are the Normandy crew turning into Reaper chum because of the time trigger, and Mordin dying at that point in the suicide mission where it's running background numbers and kills anyone with a defense score below an arbitrary total. Mordin almost never has stats high enough to survive.

Woolie's already hacking in enough resources to upgrade the Normandy, so he should be able to get the ship upgrades needed to avoid killing anyone. He might overthink or let the game trick him on some of the suicide mission calls, but they're basic obvious choices for each option. I'm sure that part will be amusing to watch if he stays blind for it in any case.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It took Woolie 120 hours of mass effect to realize options on the right of the dialogue wheel end conversation so.....

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can absolutely see Woolie woolie-logicing himself into getting a bunch of people killed in the suicide mission

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Fingers crossed for you-know-who in the vents. :allears:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Andrast posted:

I can absolutely see Woolie woolie-logicing himself into getting a bunch of people killed in the suicide mission

That's honestly my hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

davidHalestorm posted:

Because you brought it up, dude. And like I said, I do get sometimes frustrated, keyword sometimes but most of the time, I would say over 90% of the time, the way Woolie and Reggie play games is completely fine.

This is a baffling thing to post since I was not the person to bring it up, I was throwing in my two cents on some criticism I saw, and it was discussed the entire half previous page and you're also agreeing with my assessment of a split % of the audience's enjoyment of it idk what you think I'm saying