Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The thing Adrian Chiles never writes about is that he is an absolute world of poo poo with HMRC who are still pursuing him relentlessly for millions of pounds despite him winning the initial case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe he is, if you read through the cryptography of his columns.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
They do read like some sort of cry for help alright

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
So Chiles columns are like all those lovely movies that Robert de Niro made to pay off his tax bill? Makes sense with the low effort.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

So Chiles columns are like all those lovely movies that Robert de Niro made to pay off his tax bill? Makes sense with the low effort.

Exactly the right level of effort expended on The Guardian, I admire him even more, voice of a nation

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Exactly the right level of effort expended on The Guardian, I admire him even more, voice of a nation

Welcome to Tiny Train World, Winston

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol nice try lads https://twitter.com/royalmailnews/status/1560195307757096962

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In other interesting Celeb HMRC news. I hear that two extremely well known celebrities are quietly bankrolling one of the other lesser celeb cases currently being dragged through the courts in the hope that a win takes the heat off them

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

In other interesting Celeb HMRC news. I hear that two extremely well known celebrities are quietly bankrolling one of the other lesser celeb cases currently being dragged through the courts in the hope that a win takes the heat off them

And when you hear this, I'm assuming you know the names but can't say them for legal reasons?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

And when you hear this, I'm assuming you know the names but can't say them for legal reasons?

Crisps and Toothbrush

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

so one of them is Lineker or Owen

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

excellent stuff https://mobile.twitter.com/Geri_E_L_Scott/status/1560200949687255041

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The things that rich people think will make them 'relatable'. Just say you don't really go to McDonald's. Nobody thinks you do. Christ.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I do love to go to the McDondals, I've had a McRib for breakfast every day since 2006.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

HopperUK posted:

The things that rich people think will make them 'relatable'. Just say you don't really go to McDonald's. Nobody thinks you do. Christ.

Could go either way. Jeremy Corbyn didn’t know who Ant and/or Dec was and for a minute it looked like it would sink him quicker than the antisemitism smears. Though that’s more to do with it being Corbyn, obviously.

E: Jesus Christ this country’s media really did lose its mind in 2015-19, didn’t it

https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/765862427070259200?s=21&t=fNeHax1abMQXQ4SL4P6KyQ

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/765931129073496064?s=21&t=fNeHax1abMQXQ4SL4P6KyQ

https://twitter.com/thestaggers/status/765864857593864192?s=21&t=fNeHax1abMQXQ4SL4P6KyQ

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 18, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Maybe there's an exclusive VIP for posh cunts where you can get all the discontinued classics, and the tiramisu McFlurry lives on

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

HopperUK posted:

"I don't go to McDonald's, it gives me the runs" would have been a much better, and relatable, answer.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Answers Me posted:

Could go either way. Jeremy Corbyn didn’t know who Ant and/or Dec was and for a minute it looked like it would sink him quicker than the antisemitism smears. Though that’s more to do with it being Corbyn, obviously.

It's the caring that does people in. Just shrug and say you don't know or care what a Nandos is and move on.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when Corbyn was too busy gushing about an episode of Coronation Street to the make-up people that he had to run to his actual live interview and arrived literally seconds before the cameras cut to him.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's a bunch of these now, someone higher up is clearly furiously brainstorming them and yelling at some poor intern to tidy them up and post them out.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Crisps and Toothbrush

Expect you'll be getting a call from representatives of Brian Royster and Barry Colgate any second now

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

raifield posted:

"I don't go to McDonald's, it gives me the runs" would have been a much better, and relatable, answer.

As would "my faith forbids the eating of dogs and rats".

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thank goodness we didn't vote for the jam man

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Expect you'll be getting a call from representatives of Brian Royster and Barry Colgate any second now

Journeyman Italian footballer Robert Acquafresca isn't exactly a household name and I'm not sure what hold HMRC would have on him but it's a funny old world.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I doubt I could recognise Anton Deck and I think the last time I was in McDonald's you were allowed to smoke. Would be a terrible prime minister.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If all that's needed to be PM is a knowledge of shite pop culture and a love of garbage fast food, I expect to be God-Pharoah by Sunday.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

lol this country is toast

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

raifield posted:

RUNNY RISHI CAN’T STOMACH THE JOB

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

lol this country is toast

That's how you make the mould safe to eat.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Reddit is a shithole, but I came across this thread and it made for depressing reading:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskUK/comments/wrci0q/people_who_dont_like_foreigners_moving_to_the/

The top theme seems to be “people speaking a language I don’t understand” and “people having their own culture undermines ours”.

Ah yes, English culture.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

HopperUK posted:

Say you've heard they support the IRA and refuse to elaborate. Wait for the denials to be even more batshit than the accusation.

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/1372236072613261313

IdPol nonsense fine when it's the default Id.

Tesseraction posted:

Giving myself aspergillosis and a bigger cancer risk than smoking a pack a day to own the libs for Engerlund.

Don't eat moldy bread, don't breathe near moldy bread, throw it straight in the bin.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Guavanaut posted:

Don't eat moldy bread, don't breathe near moldy bread, throw it straight in the bin.

poo poo my kid ate a few bites of moldy bread a week ago, didn't look closely enough and said it tasted funny, looked on the other side and it was moldy AF :(

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

IR35 is a loving mess

I really do want all those tax dodging cunts to get their tax bills but there are more holes in that legislation the colander made of holes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

what the gently caress why did they stop doing the wrap

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:capitalism:

His Divine Shadow posted:

poo poo my kid ate a few bites of moldy bread a week ago, didn't look closely enough and said it tasted funny, looked on the other side and it was moldy AF :(
One off accidental exposure probably isn't that harmful unless you're eating a whole loaf, breathing it in, or you're already seriously immunocompromised (HIV/Aids, on transplant medicine, etc.).

If you keep doing it though, it increases your risk of cancers and immune system disorders, even if the Express says it's patriotic. If there's any visible mold then it's already threaded mycelium through the whole slice if it's sliced bread. Bin.

Of course for the average age of an Express reader it's probably only going to cost them about 1 quality adjusted life-week, the issue is they want to normalize that poo poo for the rest of us.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
First candidate to confirm their support for the £2.50 greggs breakfast gets my vote

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I have a pencillin allergy so I'm not taking any chances with mouldy food.

OwlFancier posted:

what the gently caress why did they stop doing the wrap

Because it is 2022, and we can't have nice things.

In all seriousness, I think McDonalds got rid of all breakfast items that required folded eggs/scrambled egg mix. In doing so, they utterly ruined their breakfast menu and did me a massive favour.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
And by my vote I of course mean not my vote because I'm not allowed to choose the prime minister. That would be silly

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah yes, HIGNFY remembered they're meant to make jokes about the people in charge https://twitter.com/haveigotnews/status/1560199689001226240?s=21&t=SVQZjlXtzSGkQ3dguWgZRA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Reckon no matter what results this lad gets he's a smart one

https://twitter.com/haaarryb/status/1559955927343763459