Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Steve does not know what sex is, and it is illegal for Captain America to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Heroes don't do that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The chorus girls in the USO tour took very good care of Steve.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sex in the Marvel Universe? I am clutching my imaginary pearls right now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1559338154393477120?t=TStLUpE0mAy03EwM_JQpnA&s=19

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

howe_sam posted:

The chorus girls in the USO tour took very good care of Steve.

https://twitter.com/Mickeyseidick/status/1559346362881392641

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

She Hulk is on retainer to Eric Adams as part of his urban renewal commission. She's the only one strong enough to place all the anti-homeless pride rocks.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

very understandable to realize that you can't write courtroom scenes but a show about a lawyer with potentially not that many courtroom scenes gives me bad flashbacks to Daredevil season 2.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Lobok posted:

Also it was long established in Archie Comics that they all have superhero personas. That the TV show is adapting so much of the weirdness of different Archie stories and eras is similar to how Grant Morrison meshed all of Batman's history into one canon. Did the Riverdale show ever do L'il Archie?

No, but hilariously, much like in many of the comics, anyone talking about the past and referring to Archie in childhood will refer to him as "Little Archie". Well, I'm assuming everyone does it; they did it in the eps I saw but it's not like it's a frequent topic of conversation, and I've missed three seasons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most lawyers spend very little time in courtrooms.

She Hulk is going to be a riveting records room drama.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

very understandable to realize that you can't write courtroom scenes but a show about a lawyer with potentially not that many courtroom scenes gives me bad flashbacks to Daredevil season 2.

It's been a while since I've watched that season, but wasn't the trial of Frank Castle a big part of it?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

more like Super Sexy Serum :q:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's good to see a lot of people in the replies and quote retweets absolutely ripping on the hostile architecture bench, at least. :unsmith:

Still a really unpleasant little bit of advertising, though. Now I want a scene of Jen going She-Hulk for the first time and immediately going around ripping the handles off of all the benches in New York.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
She-Hulk has courtroom scenes, it's partly a legal comedy, but it's not (in its first 4 episodes) a rousing legal drama, it's something along the lines of Night Court, silly cases in the MCU.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

It's been a while since I've watched that season, but wasn't the trial of Frank Castle a big part of it?

That's the problem, it was but then when the trial started it quickly got sidelined so Matt and Elektra could go fight the Hand and then it was basically Foggy going "goddammit Matt where are you?" until Frank threw the case.

Al Ewing parodied it in his Rocket series

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 18, 2022

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
two of the best pages ever

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brought up in the relevant thread but Jordan Elsass who plays Jonathan Kent on Superman & Lois has left the show and his character will be recast for season 3. The whole situation is kind of vague because he's said some anti-vax stuff in the past and if he is unvaccinated then he can't travel to Canada where the show films but there is also reporting that he quit due to mental health related issues.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that's too bad, i like the kids. hopefully the recast isn't too weird

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Aphrodite posted:

Most lawyers spend very little time in courtrooms.

She Hulk is going to be a riveting records room drama.

It would be very funny if this was finally the show that showed where all the lawyer poo poo actually happens, sending each other discovery requests.

Oh wait I think Harvey Birdman had an episode about it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

muscles like this! posted:

Brought up in the relevant thread but Jordan Elsass who plays Jonathan Kent on Superman & Lois has left the show and his character will be recast for season 3. The whole situation is kind of vague because he's said some anti-vax stuff in the past and if he is unvaccinated then he can't travel to Canada where the show films but there is also reporting that he quit due to mental health related issues.

I've also seen some speculation that he may have quit because they were going to make Jon bi in line with the recent comics, but haven't seen any evidence for that emerge yet

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

Don Cheadle

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Convex posted:

I've also seen some speculation that he may have quit because they were going to make Jon bi in line with the recent comics, but haven't seen any evidence for that emerge yet

Recasting and not going to make an entirely new character to shoehorn in? How unlike CW!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Jonathan is the son without powers so they can't just poochie him on the way to krypton or whatever

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TwoPair posted:

Better call saul just ended

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mameluke posted:

Better call saul just ended

Yeah. The courtroom drama of that show was great. The rest was also things they filmed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Captain America fu—

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, look, the usual suspects are review-bombing She-Hulk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The movie thread in this forum?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, look, the usual suspects are review-bombing She-Hulk.

Is it even out yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Episode 1 released about 6 hours ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I hope I have time to watch it tonight

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Straight to 4th wall breaking less than three minutes in.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Is it even out yet?

The people doing it didn't watch it, but yes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it was pretty funny

CAPTAIN AMERICA FUCKS

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Standard pr push article, but I found the quoted section interesting.
https://twitter.com/ELLEmagazine/status/1559890109117480964?t=_D_eqHK_DNoba78GKXHMPw&s=19

quote:

The casting lie was awkward but harmless. A more worthy test manifested in the scrutiny around She-Hulk’s release, especially when Marvel’s outspoken fanbase coiled around comment forums: The CGI was “bad.” She wasn’t muscular enough. Why wasn’t She-Hulk’s hair curly, like Maslany’s? And one particular gem: She-Hulk was “cucking, emasculating and character assassinating” the Hulk. That last argument Maslany is eager to dismiss. The CGI, she’s defensive of, going so far as to criticize the limited hours offered to VFX artists and to support unions. But the critique of She-Hulk’s actual body still gives her pause.

“It’s such a chosen body. So, it asks for commentary,” Maslany says. “There’s something interesting in everyone’s ownership over that image. Obviously, I have no say over how she presents. But I do think we are thirsty for women’s bodies that don’t conform to an idealized feminine image. And that the musculature of She-Hulk could have been a really interesting, revolutionary thing to see.” She adds, “I feel supportive of that idea. But I’m also like, ‘Okay, but why do we all have say in [her body]?’”

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Why does her hair get straighter and much longer?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Gamma transformation over-produces keratin.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I thought She-Hulk was great. I’m a big Shulkie fan and it met my expectations. Tatiana Maslany is fantastic as always.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

omg chael crash posted:

Comics answer, so who knows to what degree this is true/will get addressed in the MCU: Gamma has a massive psychological component. Bruce Banner has a poo poo-ton of trauma and DID, so he turns into a rage monster. Jen Walters is a mousy girl always being overlooked, so she turns into an amazonian bombshell. Emil Blonsky is just an awful person, so he turns into an inhuman beast. Samuel Sterns (if he ever shows up again) has a pathological need to be the smartest guy in the room, so he becomes giant brain guy. And so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Catching up with Sandman and I watched "24/7" last night. It's been a minute since I read the books, but didn't that story end with an implication that everyone in the diner got reset?