Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

When you get to the (current) end of the MSQ you'll be glad you did the side stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

That's a shame. The HW and StB raids feel like they should have some impact on the world or where the overall story goes. I'm guessing different writers?

People from the HW alliance raid showed up in the 6.2 patch trailer, so that might become relevant very soon

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

people figure it's part of the next grand endeavor branch, and not msq related specifically.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The main reason why raid and side stuff isn't usually super important to the MSQ is because they don't want to force people to do them, they're supposed to be optional.

Crystal Tower used to be optional, but they decided to rip the band-aid off and make it required so they can do stuff with it in the MSQ. There have been cases where some side stuff has been required for other side stuff, however.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Electric Phantasm posted:

The new dungeon should have new armorsets, right?

Didn’t see an answer to this, but yes. Every patch has typically added a new gear set from from the latest dungeon.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Tamba posted:

People from the HW alliance raid showed up in the 6.2 patch trailer, so that might become relevant very soon

Vitamean posted:

people figure it's part of the next grand endeavor branch, and not msq related specifically.

This is confirmed by the latest 6.2 site update. Includes spoilers so don't click if you're not caught up or don't want to see the new things https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/patch_6_2/

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, YoshiP hasn't been subtle about it at all. The HW pirates coming back in 6.2 are 100% for Tataru's quests and not the MSQ.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Onean posted:

Yeah, YoshiP hasn't been subtle about it at all. The HW pirates coming back in 6.2 are 100% for Tataru's quests and not the MSQ.

It was directly stated during the first 6.2 live letter, I genuinely find it kinda weird that people just... I dunno, blacked out for that specific slide and no further?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Didn’t see an answer to this, but yes. Every patch has typically added a new gear set from from the latest dungeon.

It's not a lineup, but I think the gear in this is some of the new dungeon armor:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

"astronomically magnificent armaments" and they're directly tied to Hildibrand's new quests, are our relics coming from space this time?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Draxion posted:

"astronomically magnificent armaments" and they're directly tied to Hildibrand's new quests, are our relics coming from space this time?

I hope it's the silly design winners from the weapon design contest that happened recently, but it could well be too recently for them to have done them yet.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

The new dungeon should have new armorsets, right?

as mentioned dungeons pretty much always have new gear, but when they're not shown off in previews that just means it'll be recoloured versions of older gear. dungeons pretty much alternate between unique sets and recoloured sets from patch to patch

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

A very good friend of mine is a long-term player of XIV and today I was able to give her the gift of Kan-E-Senna Kneecap Slayer. I have done a good deed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm hoping the Paglth'an sets are on the docket for 6.3's dungeon. There's a lot of really good pieces that I have a lot of trouble fitting into regular glams because of their drab colors, so dyeable versions would be a godsend.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cleretic posted:

It was directly stated during the first 6.2 live letter, I genuinely find it kinda weird that people just... I dunno, blacked out for that specific slide and no further?

some people didn't watch the live letter

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It was four hours long!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Cleretic posted:

people were still getting their housing items ready for island sanctuary as of a week ago, the average player does not pay attention

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Vitamean posted:

some people didn't watch the live letter

:mods:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What, I haven't done 6.1 yet.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm not going to get up at 3:00 am to watch a Japanese only live letter. Or watch it after the fact for that matter when the best bits will be in this thread.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

if you didn't finish 6.1 then don't watch the 6.2 trailer!!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm not going to get up at 3:00 am to watch a Japanese only live letter. Or watch it after the fact for that matter when the best bits will be in this thread.

That particular bit has also been mentioned in thread multiple times!!!

Anyway, I am really hype for this patch. Last patch I was this excited for (ignoreing 6.0) was 5.3. All the new stuff this patch is right up my alley.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

not everyone reads every post in the thread either

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How do you not know this already? I thought it 30 minutes ago, gawd!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you've entered my court lacking the untranslated famitsu article. prepare to die.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don't you hate it when your FC Alerts manage to ruin all the tension in a cutscene?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Look, the kelp harvest is very important and you'd better get to it before those jerks in pod 6.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's a good thing that lots of people aren't up to date on live letters and such, because it means it'll lead top very funny posts about Island sanctuary after the patch

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Countblanc posted:

It's a good thing that lots of people aren't up to date on live letters and such, because it means it'll lead top very funny posts about Island sanctuary after the patch

If Island Sanctuary isn't a first person battle royale I'm going to be very upset!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't agree with the impulse to avoid publicly available information so that you can have something to argue about ITT. But I do understand it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People aren't avoiding the information, they're asking because they don't know it because they might not always be able to watch a four hour livestream.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't think people are arguing to actively avoid it, just that it's a ton of information so even if you are reading the recaps stuff like "sky pirates are going to be part of the next grand endeavor quest" or "they're adding deranking to crystal and diamond in CC" can get lost in the mess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sunday Morning posted:

If Island Sanctuary isn't a first person battle royale I'm going to be very upset!

Frankly it's SE's fault for not being more clear that there wouldn't be a way to raise my minions to battle other players' in a FFTA-style clan war.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Arist posted:

People aren't avoiding the information, they're asking because they don't know it because they might not always be able to watch a four hour livestream.

You can spend 5 mins looking at the slides or just infer from the fact that the tataru sidequests in the game are clearly about covering all the people who showed up to help at the last minute.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

or you can ask in the thread and people can helpfully provide an answer 😊

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't even done the Tataru sidequests yet, lmao

I was the guy who asked about it a few days ago and people told me, I don't see why that's a problem

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vitamean posted:

or you can ask in the thread and people can helpfully provide an answer 😊

Absolutely loving not!!!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Absolutely loving not!!!

I see you with that machine translated 4gamer interview. Say your prayers and drown in the sea of nuance.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If I go back and New Game+ some main quests will I still gain experience that applies in the normal mode?

I'm considering skipping from Heavensward right to Shadowbringers because I really cannot keep the plotlines together in my mind unless I read them all at once, but I would like the option to go back and play any specific neat sections if I wanted.

VVV that's what i figured since it's a different "mode". Well poo poo.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

If I go back and New Game+ some main quests will I still gain experience that applies in the normal mode?

I'm considering skipping from Heavensward right to Shadowbringers because I really cannot keep the plotlines together in my mind unless I read them all at once, but I would like the option to go back and play any specific neat sections if I wanted.

You can’t get exp from NG+, no.