Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Stupid sexy cyberdemon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Feels like I'm fragging nothing at all!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Another day, another EA shooter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaw9lx426M

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mordja posted:

Another day, another EA shooter.

I will use this point to ask, how is Prodeus doing? And Wrath Aeon? And Graven? I don't see any updates for that one.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Turin Turambar posted:

I will use this point to ask, how is Prodeus doing? And Wrath Aeon? And Graven? I don't see any updates for that one.

Prodeus hasn't been updated in awhile but they just seem heads down working towards 1.0.

Wrath and Graven are in a bad spot, haven't had significant updates and their roadmaps both look way out of whack. Wrath has been a nightmare to make for reasons I've seen detailed in this thread and Graven just didn't really get the balance right and kind of lost momentum I think.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wrath's been doing biweekly updates on Twitter, looks like they're working on ep3 content. I wouldn't be surprised if they just forgo and other updates and just release 1.0 when it's done.

E: Actually, looking at the current roadmap, that's exactly what they're doing, though I doubt they'll make 2022.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Doom 64 is currently free on the Epic Games Store, if that's a thing you partake in.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1560270132093792257

oh fuq oh schet

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Would be dope if it’s on Switch.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 18, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's probably just the upcoming release for PC Game Pass people, I wouldn't start "pogging", as the kids say, just yet.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if it is on consoles, best of luck to xbox players trying to keep up without the option of gyro aiming

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1560292923090018306

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new quake add on as well
https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/47dVbZUjskNMiOO9FU5WdS/new-add-ons-available-revolution-and-rubicon-2
blessed day

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also for novelty's sake, here's a AAA publisher doing it's Promo Trailer stuff to mods for a quarter-century old videogame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MURe_9IAzc

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Quake Remaster Update 4 Patch Notes. Threewave CTF is back, baby!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I should probably stop double-posting but whenever I hit post something else drops. Come on, Bethesda PR, adhere to the wise words of Neil Fallon: If you're gonna do it, do it live on stage!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1560297963611717632

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I always appreciate a kinsie newspost :)

Convex fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 18, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

put wolfenstein 09 on gamepass, cowards

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The 7th Guest posted:

put wolfenstein 09 on gamepass, cowards

I don't think they have the rights to it.

I probably am going to replay Quake 4, I played Doom 3 last year and RoE a few months ago.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Twerk from Home posted:

I don't think they have the rights to it.
They will once they own Activision

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Woah, Battlespire! Is this just a Dosbox package or some kinda source port?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I really wish my avatar was voxel based now.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Woah, Battlespire! Is this just a Dosbox package or some kinda source port?
It's probably the same DOSbox package that's on Steam from the death of the Bethesda.net client.

So! Here's all the QuakeCon announcements from the Old Games Division summarised:

• The Doom and Doom 2's modern Unity port has a new community-made addon, Thomas van der Velden's Revolution! from 2001, with Jimmy's modern MIDI pack.
  • The Quake remaster has a new community-made addon, 2011's Rubicon 2 by John Fitzgibbons and CZG.
  • Also: The Quake remaster has been updated with Threewave CTF, reborn under the oversight of original creator Zoid with nine classic maps for cross-platform grapple-hooking!
  • The old Doom Eternal "Slayer's Club" promotional site is expanding to non-Doom games. Which is nice.
  • Quake 4, Wolf3D, RTCW, and Elder Scrolls Battlespire and Redguard are now on PC Game Pass, alone with a Quake Champions all-champs unlock for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers.
  • Heretic and Hexen are now available on Windows Store, for some reason. Okay! Also: Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall, which are as free as they are anywhere else.

EDIT: One last nice bit of news from the Slayers Club blog post:

quote:

NOTE: Some of our earlier Add-ons were previously exclusive to either our re-release of DOOM (1993) or DOOM II. As of today, we're happy to announce each existing Add-on for DOOM (1993) and DOOM II, as well as all future additions, will be available on both re-releases to ensure owners of either game can get in on these incredible creations.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 18, 2022

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
So what's the QuakeCon 2022 Bundle then? It was mentioned in the sales PR but doesn't appear to actually be live.

Bundles aside, is there anything notable in this year's QuakeCon sales compared to last year? I guess Rage 2 is under $10 now

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wondering how good/bad runs RTCW from gamepass since the game needs some cfg tweaking for modern resolutions and so. At this point and looking at Doom, Doom 2, Doom 64 and Quake, I wouldn't dismiss some kind of treatment for Wolfenstein3D and RTCW too.

(I bet Quake 2 enhanced is in the works)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Meanwhile, AMID EVIL is 60% off on Steam. Not as part of Quakecon, but as part of an entirely seperate games-made-in-New-Zealand promo.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

i wish theyd add quakeworld netcofde

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Bring back Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Meanwhile, AMID EVIL is 60% off on Steam. Not as part of Quakecon, but as part of an entirely seperate games-made-in-New-Zealand promo.

Strewth!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

And still no news of Black Labyrinth!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Deakul posted:

Bring back Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. :colbert:

I wouldn't mind that tbh

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Wow, they really found a way to make lost souls more annoying in Doom 64.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Convex posted:

I always appreciate a kinsie newspost :)
same.

kinsie posts in general, really.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hank Morgan posted:

Wow, they really found a way to make lost souls more annoying in Doom 64.

The 64 Pain Elementals are the most terrifying enemy in classic Doom.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Anomaly Report map pack they added to the Doom ports a few weeks ago is sooo good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the Anomaly Report map pack they added to the Doom ports a few weeks ago is sooo good

I tried the one they added today and it starts with an adorable train level.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

voxeldoom is so dang good I might just always use it

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

voosh.wav

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

manero posted:

voxeldoom is so dang good I might just always use it

B-b-b-but how will it work with Smoothdoom, the other always-on mod?

(probably only just use smooth weapon animations, sigh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Those smooth weapon animation mods just do not look correct to me, but I like the voxel look