Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

Was chatting with a guy who runs a pub who said the only way they'll be able to stay open after the energy rise is to double the price of drinks and even then they'd be making less.

Just lol if the revolution is not brought about by poverty, racism, inequality but just Englishmen drying out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure if the english are more dangerous sober or drunk.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

uh what does he think laws are if not a ban on crime

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Things that libs make up to go after Trump.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

:thejoke:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Could be worse. Could be having goat balls surgically inserted into your balls.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

OwlFancier posted:

Remind everyone that there's fridges full of wine at Number 10 and jobs a good 'un.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I have T-Levels in Fool Pitying and Gettin On No Plane

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

10 quid a pint?!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

Ben Shapiro is a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jordan Peterson is a stupid person's idea of a smart person. Ben Shapiro is a stupid person's idea of a newsreader.

Jel Shaker posted:

10 quid a pint?!
Yeah I'm not sure what

Mebh posted:

Could be worse. Could be having goat balls surgically inserted into your balls.
was in response to but 10 quid a pint is worse than having goat gametes.

Unless you're one of those lads in our green and pleasant land who goes around looking for sheep to molest, there's a slim chance they might start getting some unexpected child support letters, but hopefully that might put them off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I didn't know sheep and goats could interbreed, do you get Shoats? Geep? out the other end?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Usually a failure to thrive, but occasionally there have been geep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9m0zY8MJu0

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Jordan Peterson is a stupid person's idea of a smart person. Ben Shapiro is a stupid person's idea of a newsreader.

That's Tucker Carlson. Ben Shapiro is a stupid person's idea of Tom Clancy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just remembered Shapiro trying to call Andrew Neil a leftist and a Marxist, something even rarer than true geep.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

def sober (cromwell)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Counterpoint, Churchill.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also the more debatably drunk (and maybe debatably English depending on where you place the Ascendancy)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Also the more debatably drunk (and maybe debatably English depending on where you place the Ascendancy)

Walthamstow :D

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of pubs, I recently went to the Drayton Court Hotel in West Ealing (it’s got a pub in it as well, with a massive garden actually) which is quite old and has as its claim to fame that in his younger days, Ho Chi Minh washed dishes there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did it give you similar ideas?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Private Speech posted:

What the heck is a "T-level" beyond a huge scam on trusting youth by private education providers.

Wait, nevermind, I get it.

e: Even the ads look like scams:

These look like rejected ads for the original Wipeout

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I think I live in a tropical rainforest region.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
anyone in here fall into this category? it's a UK-based study, from Imperial College London, looking for blood samples
https://twitter.com/Daltmann10/status/1560214110041694211

here's the study link if you're interested, containing a description and contact information: WILCO Long COVID Study - Investigating the immunology of long term effects of SARS-CoV-2

while it says the samples are taken in Hammersmith Hospital, this other description also mentions the possibility of local sample collection, so that might be an option if you're willing to donate but not in London or able to travel

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Looking forward to Laurence Fox’s triumphant return to acting

https://twitter.com/mysonhunter/status/1560362908067827712?s=21&t=ouhTGEseepjrRoflDH7wMg

e: sorry for the Mail link but full hilarious info here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11124473/Teaser-Son-Hunter-touts-sensational-scandalous-true-story-Biden-family-corruption.html

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jippa posted:

Trying to work out where that yellow circle in NI is that apparently defies the rest of the local climate so I can move there

Edit : my wife has pointed out it’s the middle of a giant lake :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Lol what a pathetic man. Hope he had fun filming it all though, must have been more entertaining than that mayoral campaign

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Jippa posted:

Some bits of the UK and Ireland are "temperate rainforest".

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Did it give you similar ideas?

I did not wash any dishes while I was there, no.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Convex posted:

Lol what a pathetic man. Hope he had fun filming it all though, must have been more entertaining than that mayoral campaign

Pretty funny how he's the sad kind of divorced and is playing a man who is divorced because of his addiction to cocaine and hookers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Now when I say the sad kind of divorced, it's sad for him. For me it's hilarious.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I have access to the billing at my work, and good lord energy prices went loving insane last month. 1 month costing more than the previous 3 combined, and this is just the start. I am dreading this reaching normal consumers.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Trying to work out where that yellow circle in NI is that apparently defies the rest of the local climate so I can move there

Edit : my wife has pointed out it’s the middle of a giant lake :(

Lough Neagh: biggest lake in the UK & Ireland, roughly seven times bigger than Lough Ness.

40% of the drinking water here comes from it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Lough Neagh: biggest lake in the UK & Ireland, roughly seven times bigger than Lough Ness.

40% of the drinking water here comes from it.

And the relative lack of precipitation is probably some kind of lake-effect thing where the water is cooler than the surrounding land during the rainier parts of the year, or something like that. Or just some quirk of the mapping idk

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Lough Ness monster.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If I remember correctly rainfall is measured by how much hits the ground or something like that, so on large bodies of water it's technically zero because of the method they use to measure it. There was a QI question about it I think.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

The Lough Ness monster.

I mean Lough is just the Gaelic form of Scots Loch

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

likewise "Lake" in our bastard Sprache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
These people have a different word for everything!