Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

is that a can of hulk honk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

is that a can of hulk honk

Clearly it says MIGHTY HONK

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

corgski posted:

That doesn't make sense? If you're processing auth you should have the scopes needed in whatever your custom dashboard is to see other people's token status. If you don't then lmao, I'm sorry. I could ask Solo how that's broken for you since he's flying with us now.

(I will not ask solo, dude deserves his retirement.)

E:

Oh wow, someone who auths and then their token stops updating once they're told they're clear is a pretty clear pointer to "novice spy" - I caught someone who did that already. "Is the token up to date" isn't exactly privileged information that needs to be protected, and combined with other information scraped from ESI it can be the difference between "idiot" and "probable spy" when making the decision to even recruit someone in the first place.

Most months when I do metrics, I see who is out of esi compliance. I send them a pm giving them 48 hours to fix their poo poo or kick. They never read the PM so usually a kick. Someone who I have to repeatedly tell to keep their poo poo fixed I just start kicking until they do better. Given the only penalty is wait 7 days for wardec cooldown then reapply it’s a pretty low effort way to resolve whether it’s a spy or a stupid.

This is in addition to my quarterly purge of non-posters/non jabber/non mumble

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

andromache posted:

Most months when I do metrics, I see who is out of esi compliance. I send them a pm giving them 48 hours to fix their poo poo or kick.

:sadwave:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Someone dumped 15b of cap parts in a public hangar the other day. Good thing I caught that before someone else, lol.

drat, and my post a couple of days ago was worry over 15m worth of Rifter parts and a truck lol. When you say “dumped” in relation to goonfucking, though, you mean like selling private corp assets or selling assets to goons at inflated prices? Or something else?

As an aside is there like a good place to find fits for non-doctrine pve stuff? Not for (double) SRP reasons, just “these werk gud.” Like baby exploration or hauling my stuff or learning PI/industry/mining. I hope to be able to play more hours out-of-fleets soon and I’m still new enough to be excited about learning different things and play-styles.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

DerekSmartymans posted:

drat, and my post a couple of days ago was worry over 15m worth of Rifter parts and a truck lol. When you say “dumped” in relation to goonfucking, though, you mean like selling private corp assets or selling assets to goons at inflated prices? Or something else?

Yeahhhh, part of that was me. In this case "dumped in a public hangar" means "placed them in a location where anyone can access them."

I was scrambling to import them from an undisclosed source location before the route collapsed, and they were in the same public hangar at the source, so... if anything, I just upped the difficulty :v:

Goonfucking 15b of cap parts out of the destination would have been an impressive feat, though.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I'm attempting to build a jump freighter to finish off my extraction from Delve and all I can say is: I need an altcorp to sort out the immense amounts of poo poo needed

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm attempting to build a jump freighter to finish off my extraction from Delve and all I can say is: I need an altcorp to sort out the immense amounts of poo poo needed

Lol just use nofu or something before you drop corp.

You can't get a freighter in our hole anyway.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Lol just use nofu or something before you drop corp.

You can't get a freighter in our hole anyway.

I'd already got 10 trips worth of stuff out, then my main and all of my alts were booted overnight before I could get the rest of it out

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

daily goosefeet update

goosefeet has managed to bring down a 3.48 million condor

in the meanwhile, our warriors have valorously engaged the enemy but tactically retreated to losses amounting to 708 million isks

keep up the good fight

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
I stepped away from Eve after the horn sounded and was thinking about coming back. I saw that the last thread was closed and this thread had a hundred pages already and after wading through them I have no real idea of what all the drama was.

As near as I can tell:

1. somebody did something (maybe was outed as a pedophile or something?)
2. The Mittani tacitly defends that person by handing out bans and attempting to sweep it all under the rug
3. A few other people stir up poo poo due to the Mittani's actions
4. The Mittani steps down as CEO of the Imperium (being replaced by TheAdj?)
5. TheAdj makes some changes to culture of the Imperium to (hopefully) purge the worst of the toxic behavior
6. The Imperium is no longer affiliated with SA and will now accept anyone from anywhere
7. Some weird Goose meme emerges (and I have no idea what that's all about)
8. Goosefleet becomes the new sanctuary for Goons wanting to relive Holesquad stuff

Is this an accurate summary?

If so:

What actually happened during step number 1?

What's with the goose and honk business (step number 7)?

If I like being a goon from SA, am a simple industrialist who likes mining asteroids in 0.0 , am not particularly fond of wormhole living, am not particularly fond of cults of personality, am proud to be an SA goon who is a part of the amazing goon-machine-that-wins-Eve-though-logistics-and-blob-swarms (tm), with whom do I fly? State War Academy?

If all my poo poo is in 1dq, what do I do to get it Somewhere Else?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ice Fist posted:

All goons are spies. Every goon that applies to goonfleet is just a goonfucker in training.

Waiting excitedly for the first goosefucker.

There’s some guy who runs about GBS that has a red text about wanting to gently caress geese

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Agrikk posted:

I stepped away from Eve after the horn sounded and was thinking about coming back. I saw that the last thread was closed and this thread had a hundred pages already and after wading through them I have no real idea of what all the drama was.

As near as I can tell:

2. The Mittani tacitly defends that person by handing out bans and attempting to sweep it all under the rug
5. TheAdj makes some changes to culture of the Imperium to (hopefully) purge the worst of the toxic behavior
6. The Imperium is no longer affiliated with SA and will now accept anyone from anywhere
8. Goosefleet becomes the new sanctuary for Goons wanting to relive Holesquad stuff

If so:

If I like being a goon from SA, am a simple industrialist who likes mining asteroids in 0.0 , am not particularly fond of wormhole living, am not particularly fond of cults of personality, am proud to be an SA goon who is a part of the amazing goon-machine-that-wins-Eve-though-logistics-and-blob-swarms (tm), with whom do I fly? State War Academy?

i'd say the goonswarm cult of personality with mittani being out is over. goonwaffe still doesn't have a functional corp setup, but sigs and squads compensate for that. we're also losing a war, poo poo's getting blown up so most likely a good time to be manufacturing stuff.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Agrikk posted:

As near as I can tell:

If so:

If you're already a Waffe member there's nothing preventing you from staying. Disagreements about whether point (5) actually occurred is what caused some people to leave the Imperium for the new corp Goosefleet but that's a decision for you to make for yourself.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Turned out the 'discredited' stories about Xenuria doing inappropriate stuff turned out to be basically correct. Also that Mittani knew they were true, and that when players found out about both Xenuria and how it was covered up, started raising justified hell about the whole stinking mess. Mittani also said some pretty bad poo poo about a player reporting harrassment, which was part of it.

It hit a boiling point, a bunch of angry players got blacklisted for their actions in protest, until something seems to have snapped in Illum and Mittani stood down as Goonswarm and Imperium CEO. Xenuria also got blacklisted and banned. TheAdj and xttz were put in place as interim GS and Alliance CEO. Innominate also retired as IT head as part of the changes. The formal link where GoonSwarm is an SA-linked corporation is gone. It is now just a membercorp in the Alliance. Being an SA member has no more automatic privileges, etc.

Asher Elias was eventually chosen to be new Alliance CEO.

A number of posters here were banned or quit and have formed a new Eve Online corp that is using some meme content from the Eve Echoes mobile game where the SA crew go under 'GooseFleet' due to early drama in the game where pubbies snatched 'GoonFleet'. Honk Honk, etc.

There is quite some lingering anger here that some banned posters were proved right but are not being unbanned, others feel not enough has been done, etc. Imperium leadership has indicated no blanket unbanning will happen, and that has been a source of more unhappiness in the thread. Disagreement about if particular protest actions merited blacklisting are one focus - some bans (before Mittani stepped down) seem to have been pretty knee-jeek and questionable - Mittani commissaring justified dissent.

Plus Globby wanders in now and then to inform posters how they're playing Eve wrong which stirs the poo poo up every time since he's still in GSF.

Is that a reasonable neutral-ish summary? What did I miss?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Agrikk posted:

I don't want to go through the other stuff again but here's the goose and honk business

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008639

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

I don't want to go through the other stuff again but here's the goose and honk business

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008639

Hi. I saw you in discord last night I think

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Frank Frank posted:

Hi. I saw you in discord last night I think

Hi, Frank!

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A summary of recent events regarding the goosefleet/goonfleet debacle.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

hailthefish posted:

A summary of recent events regarding the goosefleet/goonfleet debacle.

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty accurate. Thanks for the new info though.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Gsf are fully pubby now. Goose is goons.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

All goons are spies. Every goon that applies to goonfleet is just a goonfucker in training.

Waiting excitedly for the first goosefucker.

I need to kill 5 capsuleer ships for AIR achievements... :thunk:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

the only thing omitted was that it also ended up being cause to relitigate some other ugly stuff in mittani's history, and arguably just because it wasn't worth mentioning. a real good summary i think

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rust Martalis' summary is pretty drat accurate imo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Toilet Eve has a naga skin with a working equalizer plastered on the side of it (apparently for pay whales) but it's awesome and makes it a literal bass cannon. I can't get it and won't pay a shitload of money for it but it really does own.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Still lmbo at this

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Frank Frank posted:

Toilet Eve has a naga skin with a working equalizer plastered on the side of it (apparently for pay whales) but it's awesome and makes it a literal bass cannon. I can't get it and won't pay a shitload of money for it but it really does own.

Speaking of skins…do they last through ship destruction until changed like armor cosmetics in EQ or WoW, or do people actually spend PLEX on skins that could disappear even if your internet futzed and you were left dc’d drifting in space? Like I could see it for a really big/expensive ship that would be a major effort and bad luck to whelp, but for instance my T1 Burst has a couple of skins available from login gifts and I don’t want to lose ‘em because I got lost or missed a fleet warp. I can do that in a primer coat paint job.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

DerekSmartymans posted:

Speaking of skins…do they last through ship destruction until changed like armor cosmetics in EQ or WoW, or do people actually spend PLEX on skins that could disappear even if your internet futzed and you were left dc’d drifting in space? Like I could see it for a really big/expensive ship that would be a major effort and bad luck to whelp, but for instance my T1 Burst has a couple of skins available from login gifts and I don’t want to lose ‘em because I got lost or missed a fleet warp. I can do that in a primer coat paint job.

They're character bound. Once you buy it you can apply it to any individual hull forever. Once you upload them to your brain, that is.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Rudeboy Detective posted:

They're character bound. Once you buy it you can apply it to any individual hull forever. Once you upload them to your brain, that is.

Sweet. I remember when they (finally!) let you dye your armor in EverQuest…pink gnomes from horizon to horizon…

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Rust Martialis posted:

Turned out the 'discredited' stories about Xenuria doing inappropriate stuff turned out to be basically correct. Also that Mittani knew they were true, and that when players found out about both Xenuria and how it was covered up, started raising justified hell about the whole stinking mess. Mittani also said some pretty bad poo poo about a player reporting harrassment, which was part of it.

It hit a boiling point, a bunch of angry players got blacklisted for their actions in protest, until something seems to have snapped in Illum and Mittani stood down as Goonswarm and Imperium CEO. Xenuria also got blacklisted and banned. TheAdj and xttz were put in place as interim GS and Alliance CEO. Innominate also retired as IT head as part of the changes. The formal link where GoonSwarm is an SA-linked corporation is gone. It is now just a membercorp in the Alliance. Being an SA member has no more automatic privileges, etc.

Asher Elias was eventually chosen to be new Alliance CEO.

A number of posters here were banned or quit and have formed a new Eve Online corp that is using some meme content from the Eve Echoes mobile game where the SA crew go under 'GooseFleet' due to early drama in the game where pubbies snatched 'GoonFleet'. Honk Honk, etc.

There is quite some lingering anger here that some banned posters were proved right but are not being unbanned, others feel not enough has been done, etc. Imperium leadership has indicated no blanket unbanning will happen, and that has been a source of more unhappiness in the thread. Disagreement about if particular protest actions merited blacklisting are one focus - some bans (before Mittani stepped down) seem to have been pretty knee-jeek and questionable - Mittani commissaring justified dissent.

Plus Globby wanders in now and then to inform posters how they're playing Eve wrong which stirs the poo poo up every time since he's still in GSF.

Pretty much on target but again The Greater Goon was overlooked. Hesperus and I left Goonwaffe are in Groon now.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

my titan is now safely in the amamake keepstar so i can log off of eve online, forever

namaste

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DerekSmartymans posted:

I dunno about EO but the ones you get in toilet eve stay with you forever. Same with custom color schemes you put on nanocores.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DerekSmartymans posted:

Speaking of skins…do they last through ship destruction until changed like armor cosmetics in EQ or WoW, or do people actually spend PLEX on skins that could disappear even if your internet futzed and you were left dc’d drifting in space?

to add to the above, iirc the in-universe explanation is that the ships are all already swarming with nano repair systems and that it's not much of a leap to have those systems alter the color of the outer layer of the ship, for a licensing fee

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

So do the noise filaments actually run on nostalgia or something?

I've had them dump me in W6V, 1dq, and freaking VFK in the last 72 hours.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Potato Salad posted:

to add to the above, iirc the in-universe explanation is that the ships are all already swarming with nano repair systems and that it's not much of a leap to have those systems alter the color of the outer layer of the ship, for a licensing fee

Actually can understand that, then…when everyone knows the true endgame of every MMO game is Pretty Dress-Up Princess. I remember reading the whole “monocle” thing, even though that was before my time. And I will always be jealous of this:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

DerekSmartymans posted:

Actually can understand that, then…when everyone knows the true endgame of every MMO game is Pretty Dress-Up Princess. I remember reading the whole “monocle” thing, even though that was before my time. And I will always be jealous of this:

I am the sax pig.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

The Shortest Path posted:

Rust Martalis' summary is pretty drat accurate imo

The only part it mixes up is the initial timeline of events: it was a harassment situation being ignored for 6 months and then covered up, and then the escalating responses to attempts to draw attention on it, and the way mittani personally spoke about the problem, blaming the victim before and after anything had been done about it, that set everything off and drew massive attention to the situation.

The Xenuria stuff came up a day or two later after a bunch of people were looking and taking the stuff seriously, and bringing up other stuff that had happened and been forgotten/ignored/swept under the rug/hadn't been brought up out of fear of not being believed, reprisal & blacklisting.

Then the xenuria proof & proof mittani knew, combined with how he had put an active rule in place against accusations about pedophilia specifically towards xenuria where you'd be airlocked if you said anything, and had also had him elected to the CSM and sent him to fanfest, which is all-ages, and blammo he resigned within a day.

otherwise, yeah it's pretty accurate.

gsf says they've got a new system in place to handle harassment situations, but i haven't seen it detailed anywhere and i don't think there's any way to raise an issue if you are no longer a member, or a member of another alliance, etc. or how issues involving directors and other leadership people who can retaliate against accusers are handled.

from what i can see their new M.O. is to move on like nothing happened and there wasn't ever a problem, i.e. 'i didn't do it, and it hasn't happened to me, and i haven't seen it happen, therefore it isn't happening' even though there's been a decade long culture of "be silent or be removed" when it comes to any interpersonal conflict, game-related or otherwise. i don't think there's a malicious intent with that, but at the same time I don't think it's the right way to approach the issue, because there's still some toxic stuff and parts of the organizational structure make certain positions basically perfect for predatory/abusive behavior to be committed through in some places and obv that needs to be discouraged

these are problems that exist to some degree in every large group in eve that isn't taking active measures against it.
it's just a thing in MMOs, and EVE's qualities amplify the badparts, single shard, you can't switch your name or anything. Enormous groups with self-organized everything. it makes it possible in ways that CS:GO or something can't. - don't take this as an attack on gsf, i am unfamiliar with the other groups but at that scale unless they've got HR (Brave has HR btw! They were like 'duh',. GJ Brave!)

my hope is to be able to talk with asher or whoever's heading stuff up and suggest some stuff to help em not have a grody rep. not rejoin or have control over anything long term just help get a fully fresh foundation unstained by a ultra-grody rep. i sent a pm basically saying the same yesterday hopefully they'll listen because it just shouldn't be that way, organizations that big, game or not, need to have some stronger structure and messaging to protect against/deter bad behavior. it's not taking control of a clean slate, there's still funk on there bruh

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Agrikk posted:

As near as I can tell:

If so:

Former Waffe members can always rejoin. If you want to, that is.

Otherwise, Amok is always recruiting.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

We knew it was true when he was first brought up like a decade ago but I couldn't find the logs & evidence again when he got kicked and karma let him in.

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Feliday Melody posted:

Former Waffe members can always rejoin. If you want to, that is.

Otherwise, Amok is always recruiting.

unless, of course, you were banned/blacklisted for posting too hard