Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wow, I might get my first ever paradox achievement due to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Great, now they're dumbing down the cheevos for casuals. -_-

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Mantis42 posted:

But achievements are for casuals :aaa: People who don't write their own mods are preposterous

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Mantis42 posted:

Didn’t know what you meant by this, thought you were saying the achievements were too natural. Like ottomans ought to try to become super modernized and doing so should get you an achiev. Then I saw they made it so you can get achieves without Ironman. That is lame, now if I’m playing the Lotr mod and squash the shire with Mordor I’m going to suddenly get an achiever for killing the French as Qing.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

I just want a toggle to manually turn off achievements for any games I'm not playing in iron man because I have brain worms

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

I just want a toggle to manually turn off achievements for any games I'm not playing in iron man because I have brain worms

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What if it was a slider?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

just turn off achievements

feller
Jul 5, 2006

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Didn’t know what you meant by this, thought you were saying the achievements were too natural. Like ottomans ought to try to become super modernized and doing so should get you an achiev. Then I saw they made it so you can get achieves without Ironman. That is lame, now if I’m playing the Lotr mod and squash the shire with Mordor I’m going to suddenly get an achiever for killing the French as Qing.

no... I don't think you will.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Victoria 3 is not the natural choice one would expect a LOTR to be based upon but hey if a wizard can industrialize...

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

LOTR if saruman won

Guzba
Mar 21, 2009

SkySteak posted:

Victoria 3 is not the natural choice one would expect a LOTR to be based upon but hey if a wizard can industrialize...

Saruman embraced immigration and developed a large military industrial complex rather quickly.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Anbennar for eu4 did a pretty good job of working industrialization/modernization into a high fantasy world, even if it was rudimentary due to the engine.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

This is also my reaction. There's no good reason for it, but I guess I have the same brain worms.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Horsebanger posted:

Play as Brazil and overtake the USA in the Americas, maybe keep Pedro 2nd cause he seemed like a nice chap.

Or completely liberalise Russia.

An entirely tanzimat'd ottomans would be something too

I forgot that this was Mexico and not Brazil but

http://www.harkavagrant.com/history/juarezsm.png

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
my friends, what if this game sucks

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

buglord posted:

Cease to Hope posted:

either this is going to be great or it's going to continue the victoria tradition of jank so complicated and counterintuitive that your decisions are realistically based in misunderstanding and ideology. i cannot wait to see

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

buglord posted:

the leak was pretty loving rad when it didn't crash to desktop

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Victoria 3: Achievements don't care about your mods.

I for one am happy I can finally install a bunch of cosmetic mods and still get achievements.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm 100% gonna play as Canada and try for an independant Québec.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm 100% gonna play as Canada and try for an independant Québec.

i'm gonna make all the quebecois speak english

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can't wait to roleplay as baru cormorant no matter what country i play

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

:argh:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

i can't wait to roleplay as baru cormorant no matter what country i play

This might be deja vu but I could almost swear someone made the same joke six months ago

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

VostokProgram posted:

This might be deja vu but I could almost swear someone made the same joke six months ago

sometimes, i just say variations of the same thing, previously the joke was "i can't wait for the baru cormorant mod"
im sorry

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Conquer Canada as the USA and repopulate it with Yankees.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Lol, I was actually about to say roleplaying as Baru Cormorant sounds like a fun way to justify accelerationism and other gamy things to make your perfect society.

Those books are good and offer an interesting way of thinking about this kind of era and the kinds of things you do in this game.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I hope this game is good because sometimes I will boot up eu4 out of a vague desire to roleplay running a country, and then turn it off again when I remember the only bit of country management eu4 does is expansion/conquest. I just want to do some peaceful, mechanically engaging nation gardening as Korea or something.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Red Bones posted:

I hope this game is good because sometimes I will boot up eu4 out of a vague desire to roleplay running a country, and then turn it off again when I remember the only bit of country management eu4 does is expansion/conquest. I just want to do some peaceful, mechanically engaging nation gardening as Korea or something.

To be fair, plotting and warring against your external enemies is fun too, it's just really boring when that's almost the entire game

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

Sending Canucks to civilization schools where they learn to use the imperial system and how milk doesn't belong in bags.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Mantis42 posted:

Sending Canucks to civilization schools where they learn to use the imperial system and how milk doesn't belong in bags.

As Colombia, turning the rogue British colonies into a kennel and treating its inhabitants as dogs

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

sometimes, i just say variations of the same thing, previously the joke was "i can't wait for the baru cormorant mod"
im sorry

Economics tab > Largest Exports

1. Cancer Whale Oil
2. Hygiene Tools
3. Lesbians

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

that too is worth an achievement

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mantis42 posted:

yes!... hahahah, yes!!!!!

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
so are there plans to backport the decision on achievements to CK3 or what? because i just had an iberian dominance run ruined by the umayyads scooping me on ending the conflict by status quo and it'd be cool to try that again with the ability to just load a save from a few years before that and break the alliance to prevent them from doing this

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

If the mod did not care enough to prevent this, and you did not care enough and played it anyway, what’s the actual issue here?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Once again paradox devs not understanding what it means to feel human :/

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Once again paradox devs not understanding what it means to feel human :/

stripping away my ability to feel like a huge flaming eye

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

This except irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Victoria 3 version of npm malicious library disaster: some popular music mod that is used by 50% of community gets patched one day to unlock every achievement for the player leaving them with nothing to strife for in life.