Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Looper posted:

let's play a forums game: go to metacritic > games > best of last 90 days. now, without revealing what the games are, go down the top ten and say whether you'd want to play that game or not. i'm skipping repeats on different platforms

1. Yes
2. No
3. On a sale
4. Yes, own it.
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. No
8. Yes
9. No
10. No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
browsing the top user picks of all time on metacritic is a bit of a trip, with how many obscure games I've never heard of are on there

especially when I click on one and see it at 67/100 from critic reviews while it's 9.6/10 on user reviews

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
No
No
No
You would legitimately have to pay me to
Own it but haven't got around to it
Maybe
Played
Played
No
No

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And game critics said this game isnt good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
anyways thank you top user picks of metacritic for teaching me that crystar exists cause it looks sick and I will probably play it someday

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

video games

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:hmmyes:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

cheetah7071 posted:

browsing the top user picks of all time on metacritic is a bit of a trip, with how many obscure games I've never heard of are on there

especially when I click on one and see it at 67/100 from critic reviews while it's 9.6/10 on user reviews

lol 6 total reviews

that 67 one is based on a mobile game about anime sword boyfriends, i don't think anyone actually bought it unless they already wanted to smooch Mikazuchi Munechika or similar

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

lol 6 total reviews

that 67 one is based on a mobile game about anime sword boyfriends, i don't think anyone actually bought it unless they already wanted to smooch Mikazuchi Munechika or similar

I think there must be multiple 67s because Crystar is the one I saw lol

Crystar looks like the age old tale of mediocre to bad gameplay and good story

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
1. Not really excited to play this again at this time
2. no
3. yes
4. no
5. yes
6. yes
7. no
8. yes
9. no
10. no

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

anyways thank you top user picks of metacritic for teaching me that crystar exists cause it looks sick and I will probably play it someday

you're welcome

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Looper posted:

let's play a forums game: go to metacritic > games > best of last 90 days. now, without revealing what the games are, go down the top ten and say whether you'd want to play that game or not. i'm skipping repeats on different platforms

1. yes
2. no
3. already am
4. eventually
5. current goty
6. no
7. proably eventually
8. maybe
9. yeah but not til its on a deep sale
10. no

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cheetah7071 posted:

It has its moments but it's also exactly what you imagine when I string the words 'zero budget FuRyu JRPG' together.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am still going to get Soul Hackers 2 on Steam.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
some of my best friends are zero budget jrpgs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
big Malgam Lord fan here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best low budget JRPGs are the ones which put at least 50% of their budget into the OP and the menus

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

big Malgam Lord fan here

it's maglam!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rear end

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Malgam is Spanish for stinky leg

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Switch Pro is just the Switch in a smaller box.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1560224365010161665?s=21&t=460pOtmyFcPP2Kf4A1q-ww

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To describe ffxiv in a word...

Filler.
Filler words inside filler dialogue inside filler cutscenes inside filler quests. Filler animations, filler tasks, filler filler

So much flavourless bread. But sometimes you happen upon a nice tuna sandwich. Then the next course is more bread

I have time so here's an impression of ffxiv:

Go to X and talk to A. Go to Y and talk to B. Go to Z and talk to A again. Go back to X and talk to C.
C says: "My word, PlayerName, apologies for the delay. We've been looking to expand our operations and mayhap failed to consider the costs."
PlayerName plays their Slow Surprised animation
"Over the years, I have often wondered, what would prevent the alliance of nations from breaching the aether wall. Now we have our answer, it seems."
C plays his Slow Nod animation
PlayerName plays their Slow Nod animation
"But do not let my folly sunder your trust in us. An adventurer is more than shadows. Much more, and then some."
C plays his Slow Thinking animation
"Ah, but you must be eager to speak to Cid. I will send word ahead of you. Pray return to Z and speak to the locals, as they might provide the directions that will lead us to A."
PlayerName plays their Pumped Up animation
Quest complete!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my friend, why not play a game you enjoy

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Spider-Man PC is great. Really loving swinging around the city again.

Great port too.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 18, 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can a gamer not criticize a game he's otherwise enjoying?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The games I love the most are the ones I have the harshest criticisms about

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If I'm posting too many negative posts I'm sorry

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Volte posted:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

no you're fine. to me your ffxiv posts haven't read as enjoying the game but if i'm misinterpreting then vaya con dios. criticism is obviously fine you just see people so often slogging through games they just aren't liking out of some sense of obligation or completionism

May 8, 2006

Volte posted:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

It just doesn't sound like you're enjoying it. I know exactly what you mean about that game though, just take a break and maybe you'll feel a little more fondly about it after some time away

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
what's something you liked in the last play session or two

if you can't answer that then play something else, imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
instead of playing an MMO you should play a good game instead

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This week, I liked: the dungeons, an 8-man big boss fight, the goon guild camaraderie, the ocean fishing expeditions, some of the instanced solo encounters, unlocking a cool-looking new class (Reaper)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this, except oldschool runescape is good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

This week, I liked: the dungeons, an 8-man big boss fight, the goon guild camaraderie, the ocean fishing expeditions, some of the instanced solo encounters, unlocking a cool-looking new class (Reaper)

im glad

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

Go to X and talk to A. Go to Y and talk to B. Go to Z and talk to A again. Go back to X and talk to C.
C says: "My word, PlayerName, apologies for the delay. We've been looking to expand our operations and mayhap failed to consider the costs."
PlayerName plays their Slow Surprised animation
"Over the years, I have often wondered, what would prevent the alliance of nations from breaching the aether wall. Now we have our answer, it seems."
C plays his Slow Nod animation
"But do not let my folly sunder your trust in us. An adventurer is more than shadows. Much more, and then some."
C plays his Slow Thinking animation
"Ah, but you must be eager to speak to Cid. I will send word ahead of you. Pray return to Z and speak to the locals, as they might provide the directions that will lead us to A."
PlayerName plays their Pumped Up animation
Quest complete!

Sounds pretty cozy to me. Why are you such a rush to collect bear asses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stux posted:

this, except oldschool runescape is good

I'm going to oldschool run escape from your posting :twisted: