Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yeah but he was made by noted fuckup Urza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
getting immobilized in some way seems to keep people from being able to planeswalk

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Captain Invictus posted:

LOOK HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOY

He was here for a good time, not a long time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RIP to a real one.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

mcmagic posted:

Braids is a free sac outlet which is always something people underrate.

In standard yes. In modern/edh for 3 mana or less there are other options if we say braids once per turn is equivalent to tapping but where Braids does have an advantage is that she is a universal sacker. I would have preferred that she didn't give the opponents a choice but she would probably need to have a more restrictive cost. Probably still not playable in standard.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

HootTheOwl posted:

He might be, but they took him for something.

E: I also don't know how a walker gets captured when they can just planeswalk away. Or how they can be crippled since their immunity to completion is that they control their bodies. What I'm saying is a broken karn should just be able to reassemble himself.

I don't think Planeswalkers can shapeshift at will anymore? Some can do illusions, and some of them like Tibalt can do doppelganger type stuff for a short time if that's their "thing" but part of the reason they're vulnerable to compleation now is that their physical forms are somewhat immutable.

Doesn't explain why Karn couldn't just Planeswalk away at the end there, aside from being distracted by "pain".

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MasterBuilder posted:

In standard yes. In modern/edh for 3 mana or less there are other options if we say braids once per turn is equivalent to tapping but where Braids does have an advantage is that she is a universal sacker. I would have preferred that she didn't give the opponents a choice but she would probably need to have a more restrictive cost. Probably still not playable in standard.

Can't speak to EDH but it's WAY below the bar for Modern.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LifeLynx posted:

Compleated Ajani isn't what I wanted for Commander. I mean his first two abilities are Boring Ajani. But that ult is fantastic, especially when I can kill someone by casting Whitemane Lion over and over.

Just gonna slide that into Atraxa Infect

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sunforge Mystic + Puresteel Paladin =

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Mechanicus is cool.

Sure but usually they focus on infantry and space marines instead of the cool techno-cultists

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I hope they focus on the tanks and we get all forms of the Basilisk.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I want lots of guard tokens. Loads of raise the alarm/spectral procession/lingering souls type stuff just spitting lovely imperial guard everywhere.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Is this standard legal?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That's some crazy rear end synergy with Osgir.

Also if anyone is looking to get a Set Booster box of Amazon you may want to do it quick, earlier this morning boxes were like 15% off with a delivery window of Sept 13-15th now boxes are hovering around $158 US.

Edit: Now down to $156, Draft boxes going for $127, and Dominaria Jumpstart, y'know that Jumpstart set that's going to have cards printed ONLY for that set crept up to $100 a box. Collector Booster Boxes are sitting currently around $285 if you want to go and get yourself a Zephyr Falcon from Legends. :v:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 18, 2022

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Standard Mardu Greasefang let’s go

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

SICK

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jiro posted:

That's some crazy rear end synergy with Osgir.

Also if anyone is looking to get a Set Booster box of Amazon you may want to do it quick, earlier this morning boxes were like 15% off with a delivery window of Sept 13-15th now boxes are hovering around $158 US.

Edit: Now down to $156, Draft boxes going for $127, and Dominaria Jumpstart, y'know that Jumpstart set that's going to have cards printed ONLY for that set crept up to $100 a box. Collector Booster Boxes are sitting currently around $285 if you want to go and get yourself a Zephyr Falcon from Legends. :v:

I don’t know if you can possibly trust amazon not to send you repacked boxes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Standard Mardu Greasefang let’s go

The only good equipment/vehicle in Standard is rotating out lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe something in pioneer with C Hammer?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

why thank you i will take a card that makes explorer greasefang more consistent

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

phyrexian weatherlight has yet to be spoiled

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Braids is a free sac outlet which is always something people underrate.

At first I was super excited about Braids for sacking treasures and just draining opponents for a shitload of life with like a Prosper deck, but it had the qualifier of "an" meaning it's only one. :smith:

Koirhor posted:

I don’t know if you can possibly trust amazon not to send you repacked boxes

You're not wrong, but I tend to only order direct from Amazon and not a third party store and *knock on wood* I've been able to avoid any sort of fuckery with my MTG based orders so far. Hopefully it keeps up.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 18, 2022

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Mat Cauthon posted:

Doesn't explain why Karn couldn't just Planeswalk away at the end there, aside from being distracted by "pain".

Eh, I think it's way more interesting if magic use has physical costs and isn't something you can just whip out any old time. If characters can do wild, gigantic magic at every turn, you end up scoffing at every difficulty they encounter because "well why couldn't they just magic it away?"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's called planes"walking." you can't walk through a portal in spacetime to alternate dimensions if you don't have working legs

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
if the opponent doesnt have a permanent type that you sacced, do you automatically get the draw and life loss?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

kalel posted:

it's called planes"walking." you can't walk through a portal in spacetime to alternate dimensions if you don't have working legs

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

if the opponent doesnt have a permanent type that you sacced, do you automatically get the draw and life loss?

Correct. See invoke despair for similar.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Bank buster and surgehacker both benefit from the crew reduction. I'm guessing brothers war will have more mechs too.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
What happens if you give a Reconfigure creature an equip cost? Can I equip/reconfigure Cloudsteel Kirin for 1 while Astor is in play?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

mcmagic posted:

Prodigy's Prototype and Thundersteel Colossus are good enough

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I assume you could pay 1 to attach it to a creature via equip but to unattach and become a creature again would require the reconfigure cost

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Which Vehicles work best for him? You got Colossal Plow and Consulate Dreadnought come to mind when it comes to large crewing. Of course just crewing anything with a 1/1 is incredibly helpful.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AngryBooch posted:

What happens if you give a Reconfigure creature an equip cost? Can I equip/reconfigure Cloudsteel Kirin for 1 while Astor is in play?

You can.
Attach it at least. You'll still have to pay the configure cost if you want to just unattach it.
Theres some rules magic that lets reconfigure creatures know they're trying to be equipped/attached the normal way and they'll sotp being creatures.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Sky sovereign is the best vehicle

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://mobile.twitter.com/dunkatog/status/1486777069316960256

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Silhouette posted:

Prodigy's Prototype and Thundersteel Colossus are good enough

They really aren't at all. All this does for prototype is reduce the crew by 1 and you still have to pay 7 to cast colossus. None of that stuff is good enough for constructed.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

boooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Okay my imagination is bad. I guess he’s a sac outlet, but isn’t having a 3/3 and a creature basically just better than having a creature like, all the time?