Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They tried totally changing the recipe a couple times, it was just too good of an item. I kinda miss it too but I'd rather see stuff removed than just nerfed into oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Just keep everything in, and keep adding in more crazy poo poo so that theres even more variety to do wacky op shenanigans

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
But then what about new players?

lol

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

I think dota should be closed to new players and go back to the olden days where they can just spectate

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
get rid of neutral items and make the cool ones just normal items

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I want rapier combos. Rapier mixed with blademail to do extraordinary damage reflection that counters a Satanic and drops on death.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

I hope they break support Zeus :mad:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

bring back poor mans shield

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Honey Im Homme posted:

I hope they break support Zeus :mad:

I too would like to have wards on the map ever

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Uncle Spriggly posted:

I want rapier combos. Rapier mixed with blademail to do extraordinary damage reflection that counters a Satanic and drops on death.

I actually love this idea. I want to see more Rapiers in pubs, and this could help end long games in a similar way to how T5's are "game enders".

And also I have zero issue with Neutral Items.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nanomashoes posted:

I too would like to have wards on the map ever

Then they will pick support slark

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
professional pos4 Milan was spamming that a lot ~two months back

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

bring back poor mans shield
drake no: poor mans shield
drake yes: stout shield

the days of starting with 2x stout shield on axe and going jungle at lvl 1

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

causticBeet posted:

get rid of neutral items and make the cool ones just normal items

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Skills shouldn't reveal wards, a very limited item. Buy the de-ward or rock the gem

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah good point should let it reveal heroes but not wards

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

So much for Saturday night Dota, it looks like there's serious server problems right now in more than one region and if you do manage to start a game it might not count

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It saved me from a loss so I am all for it

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Which spirit is the best spirit?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Uncle Spriggly posted:

all the new ones are op / bs heroes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Uncle Spriggly posted:

breaker

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Uncle Spriggly posted:

they are all cool af op but earth spirit is the clear winner

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i like brewmaster's primal spirits

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ur team, the spirit of friendship, is the best spirit hero of ur heart

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Last night I played my first storm spirit game ever. It was turbo as I typically do for heroes I’m trying to learn, and the first 15 minutes were kinda OK! (We did end up winning but I got carried)

Zipping on people from out of vision and wrecking them is fun as hell but I can see it is gonna take me a lot of reps to get a feel for ball lightning range vs mana consumption, and to get faster at his combos.

Entirely possible I’m too low-skill to ever get good at him even relative to my poo poo-tier mmr. I spent a few weeks spamming void spirit in turbo awhile back and never could get the feel for that one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kild posted:

breaker

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

got back into playing this game after a few years, got told to play ranked allpick role queue cuz thats the only thing anyone plays anymore allegedly and for some reason I keep getting yelled at by my teammates for picking alch support?

like he's listed as support in the game itself so idk what they're upset about

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

also they ruined techies by taking away his remote mines and stun mines

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Iamgoofball posted:

got back into playing this game after a few years, got told to play ranked allpick role queue cuz thats the only thing anyone plays anymore allegedly and for some reason I keep getting yelled at by my teammates for picking alch support?

like he's listed as support in the game itself so idk what they're upset about

they're dota players they just are angry

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I mean I guess I've seen Pro teams play like Alc 4/5 where he just fucks off to the jungle and farms an Aghanims for someone on his team... But he's definitely not in the first 10 heroes that comes to mind when I think "Support". I'd probably do a big ol' eyeroll to myself if I queued up Ranked and my random pubbie picked Alc for Support too.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Plenty of people play unranked, certainly enough for you to find games and get used to the changes in the map/items/meta since you last played

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Also that^ I almost exclusively play Unranked All Pick and I never have any issues finding matches.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Sab669 posted:

I mean I guess I've seen Pro teams play like Alc 4/5 where he just fucks off to the jungle and farms an Aghanims for someone on his team... But he's definitely not in the first 10 heroes that comes to mind when I think "Support". I'd probably do a big ol' eyeroll to myself if I queued up Ranked and my random pubbie picked Alc for Support too.

He's also pretty active in lane early on because of the armor reduction acid spray and longer duration stun. It's not an unreasonable pick, but it's less conventional than say a support weaver.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Seems like if your lane partner is on board and picks accordingly, it could be fine. But you probably want to be very mindful of where you're putting that Acid Spray. Kinda like Support Sniper pushing lanes/stealing farm with Shrapnel often times.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
new techies is still fun, at level 2 if you hit that q mine, you got a guaranteed follow up with your 200 damage/4 sec silence level 1 nuke e. plus you don't need any items other than mana boots and shard at 15 min. and he's got a free halberd whenever you take a value point in w. you just jump in and silence and disarm everyone then waddle around dropping proxy mines while they can't touch you

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ranked and unranked are the same but people will get angrier in ranked

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

not true the other difference is that there's no role q in unranked so you are more likely to have miscommunication during the draft and like two people trying to go pos1 fighting over farm

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Role queue doesn't stop anyone from doing that if they want to anyways, happens equally in both queues

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bawfuls posted:

not true the other difference is that there's no role q in unranked so you are more likely to have miscommunication during the draft and like two people trying to go pos1 fighting over farm

seconding this. people get extra salty in unranked. my unranked games are with 4 other guild mates with varied skills, and I can tell there's often some serious try-hards on the other team during those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Geight posted:

Role queue doesn't stop anyone from doing that if they want to anyways, happens equally in both queues
maybe it's my poo poo-tier bracket but I've found it is significantly more common in unranked

in ranked role q you can report someone for not playing their role, but annoyingly you can only report them for that within the first few minutes of the game