Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Katana Gomai posted:

Not quite sure why a card that originally had an old frame needs a new faux retro frame but why not I guess

There was demand for a FoW printing by a new artist, DXM barely put a dent in it. Most of the big name mythics get special treatments. It was previously impossible to have an unaltered, old border foil FoW before. I'm surprised but for different reasons. It's one of those moves that's so obviously right I'm surprised they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

fadam posted:

Okay my imagination is bad. I guess he’s a sac outlet, but isn’t having a 3/3 and a creature basically just better than having a creature like, all the time?

My first thought was funny business with, say, Kroxa, but four colors for a gimmick like that just ain't it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fadam posted:

Okay my imagination is bad. I guess he’s a sac outlet, but isn’t having a 3/3 and a creature basically just better than having a creature like, all the time?

I cant think of many situations where this card wouldnt be better as anything else that just sacs the creature for value. I suppose for commander its a direct sac trigger all the time? But like, there must be better commanders for that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dreadnought compatible. Please proceed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dreadnought seems cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nem0U_ffJeg

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fadam posted:

mandatory lesbian posted:

I cant think of many situations where this card wouldnt be better as anything else that just sacs the creature for value. I suppose for commander its a direct sac trigger all the time? But like, there must be better commanders for that

it enables combat shenanigans, like turning your commander into a creature that has haste/can't be blocked/turning it into a giant 20/20 to one-shot with commander damage

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I've been trying to make this deck work for months and he just adds black and rolls a 5-0.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

mcmagic posted:

They really aren't at all. All this does for prototype is reduce the crew by 1 and you still have to pay 7 to cast colossus. None of that stuff is good enough for constructed.

I meant in Greasefang

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Silhouette posted:

I meant in Greasefang

That isn't a good standard deck now when you have Chariot...

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Is it weird that’s I’m more excited for the set about picking up the pieces and recovering after the big battle than I am for the set about the big battle?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I want to know what exactly that "Aftermath" product is going to be

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
I love them

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kalel posted:

it's called planes"walking." you can't walk through a portal in spacetime to alternate dimensions if you don't have working legs

look at this fuckin ablist dogshit

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is this our new flametongue kavu?

It costs 6 in 3 colors to do 4 damage, but

it flies,
it has lifelink,
it can split the damage or cost less if there's nothing to hit
better stat line

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Moose posted:

it flies,
it has lifelink,
better stat line

It's probably a SB card or a 1of that is good against mono red if that is good. It doesn't seem like a 4of staple to me.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

A Moose posted:

it flies,
it has lifelink,
better stat line

Also gains the 4 life because of the lifelink when you pay the kicker, which I didn’t realize at first and is fairly nice. 6 mana still seems too much though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

A Moose posted:

it flies,
it has lifelink,
better stat line

The kicker damage also gains you two life, thanks to lifelink, right?

It seems pretty sweet. But I'm not sure it has a home in any existing deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's a SB card. You need to be able to pay 5 mana and have the 2 lifelink damage mean something.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Lone Goat posted:

look at this fuckin ablist dogshit

That goblin has like, a surplusage of working legs

They're not factory original to him, but they're working

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

fadam posted:

Once the Phyrexians get owned, who is even left for bad guys?

Ashiok, Eldrazi Titan Understudies of Ulamog and Kozilek (While Ugin screams in annoyance from superjail), Marit Lage (I wish the comicbook storyline of some cultists in Ravnica bounced a radio signal off Jace's brain to summon Marit's iceberg as a giant comet slowly floating towards the city was Actually Happeniong), Bobby Nixon, Slivers, Baron Sengir (I think he found a portal from Ulgrotha to Dominaria that the dwarves of his plane hosed off through awhile back, and he does have Granny Sengir aka the oldwalker Ravi in tow, and she might still have the Apocalypse Chime), the loving Mirari might still be in a supply closet on New Phyrexia and decide to take over the multiverse itself if it gets oiled up, Planar Chaos 2: Stop Letting Teferi Do Things, the Onakke doing their revival arc with the Chain Veil as has been slowly hinted at for the past 15 years, idk Slivers?

We got a small collection to dip into still but I don't know if any can do Big Arcs

As soon as I saw the previewed (re)remake of Ramirez dePietro, I was hoping they'd do a Halfdane to go along with it, and killing someone to take their place is perfectly canonical for them, so I'm a happy camper.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://media.wizards.com/2022/wpn/marketing_materials/dmu/dmu_release_notes_20220804_en.pdf

someone accidentally made the release notes readable

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Archenteron posted:

As soon as I saw the previewed (re)remake of Ramirez dePietro, I was hoping they'd do a Halfdane to go along with it, and killing someone to take their place is perfectly canonical for them, so I'm a happy camper.

yeah but Halfdane is better than Fulldane imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh, uh that seems like a big leak

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh, uh that seems like a big leak

it's not literally every card in the set

just all the interesting ones

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Weird that powerstones weren't in the Mechanics article. And that the Weatherlight's crew ability was left off.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't know spoiler policy for actual leaks, should we be using tags?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Weatherlight Compleated seems undercosted?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Thranguy posted:

Weird that powerstones weren't in the Mechanics article. And that the Weatherlight's crew ability was left off.

I think the point is that it doesn't have a crew ability, and the phyresis counters substitute for it.

Also synergy with that guy who gives your vehicles Crew 1.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Anyone rehosting the pdf?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

Weatherlight Compleated seems undercosted?

idk it doesn't actually have Crew so until you've lost four creatures it just sits there scrying a bit. Still, nice target for that guy from upthread who gives things Crew 1

e: beaten

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

whydirt posted:

Anyone rehosting the pdf?

https://www.docdroid.net/zxMwUTQ/dmu-release-notes-20220804-en-pdf

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Green cycle version of the earlier Sphinx card

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Strong Sauce posted:

The Green cycle version of the earlier Sphinx card

I don't know if it's good but I want to try and make it work

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The leak suggests an interesting u/b defender limited archetype. Could be fun.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
They're loving these cost reduction mechanics eh?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ilmucche posted:

neat little common payoff for ur spells in limited

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what the hell is this dog crap

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

kalel posted:

neat little common payoff for ur spells in limited

I don't know. I wouldn't be so proud of this tolarian terror you've constructed. The ability to attack for five is nothing compared to the power of the force [of will]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

kalel posted:

what the hell is this dog crap

Yeah, shame U/W doesn't have many bounce spells enabling this to be a repeated feed of 5 colorless mana.

Spoiler for a card in that doc...

Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief
{G}{U}
Legendary Creature — Faerie Rogue
2/1
Flying
Whenever a player casts a spell that targets only a single
creature other than Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief, you may copy
that spell. The copy targets Ivy. (A copy of an Aura spell
becomes a token.)

Dang, can't wait to make a commander deck w/ this and auras.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 19, 2022