Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Naga's one of my favourite ships, even though no-one really uses them much. I want an equalizer Naga. Not badly enough for toilet EVE but if they made that $5 I'd shamefully buy it in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

dragonshardz posted:

unless, of course, you were banned/blacklisted for posting too hard

But then I don't think that applies to Agrikk if they had to ask these questions in the first place, haha.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
But Agrikk should read this

Rust Martialis posted:

Turned out the 'discredited' stories about Xenuria doing inappropriate stuff turned out to be basically correct. Also that Mittani knew they were true, and that when players found out about both Xenuria and how it was covered up, started raising justified hell about the whole stinking mess. Mittani also said some pretty bad poo poo about a player reporting harrassment, which was part of it.

It hit a boiling point, a bunch of angry players got blacklisted for their actions in protest, until something seems to have snapped in Illum and Mittani stood down as Goonswarm and Imperium CEO. Xenuria also got blacklisted and banned. TheAdj and xttz were put in place as interim GS and Alliance CEO. Innominate also retired as IT head as part of the changes. The formal link where GoonSwarm is an SA-linked corporation is gone. It is now just a membercorp in the Alliance. Being an SA member has no more automatic privileges, etc.

Asher Elias was eventually chosen to be new Alliance CEO.

A number of posters here were banned or quit and have formed a new Eve Online corp that is using some meme content from the Eve Echoes mobile game where the SA crew go under 'GooseFleet' due to early drama in the game where pubbies snatched 'GoonFleet'. Honk Honk, etc.

There is quite some lingering anger here that some banned posters were proved right but are not being unbanned, others feel not enough has been done, etc. Imperium leadership has indicated no blanket unbanning will happen, and that has been a source of more unhappiness in the thread. Disagreement about if particular protest actions merited blacklisting are one focus - some bans (before Mittani stepped down) seem to have been pretty knee-jeek and questionable - Mittani commissaring justified dissent.

Plus Globby wanders in now and then to inform posters how they're playing Eve wrong which stirs the poo poo up every time since he's still in GSF.

Is that a reasonable neutral-ish summary? What did I miss?

Before making an informed choice

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I re-read my summary and it's actually not very even-handed, I can see I've left out any mention of the declared intent to fix the complaints process in Imperium, etc. It's pretty much a polite rant taking the side of the people who got banned mostly.

I *meant* to be more even-handed - I don't feel I have a particular axe to grind. I will update it, not trying to whitewash anything but in the interest of being more complete and accurate I should add some of that stuff, and incorporate additional comments from you all, including Deadtear.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Now that I have left Goosefleet I can finally leak this juicy info:

honk honk honk honk honk honk HONK HONK HONK honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk

HOMK

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ladies, gentlemen, and enby friends, our first goosefucker! :golfclap:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

I re-read my summary and it's actually not very even-handed, I can see I've left out any mention of the declared intent to fix the complaints process in Imperium, etc. It's pretty much a polite rant taking the side of the people who got banned mostly.

I *meant* to be more even-handed - I don't feel I have a particular axe to grind. I will update it, not trying to whitewash anything but in the interest of being more complete and accurate I should add some of that stuff, and incorporate additional comments from you all, including Deadtear.

GSF have been told that if they want to recruit from the forums, they should start their own thread in PGS, but at the same time it should include a laundry list of everything that's been aired in the last two months so people can make an informed choice

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Eyud posted:

How dare you leak our secret plans, now we have to find an entirely new hole!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Eyud posted:

honk honk honk honk honk honk HONK HONK HONK honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk

HOMK

I'm gonna come find u 2night.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Eyud posted:

HONK HONK HONK honk honk honk

You rear end in a top hat, I told you that in confidence!

Thanks for the super cheap Tengu, hopefully I get to shoot you with it some day :hfive:

Cenodoxus fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 19, 2022

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Thanks for all the replies. Biased or not, even-handed or not, it was nice to read the last few pages and not have them filled with honking rancor.

Not sure what I’m going to do yet. (Read: Jita. Veldspar.)

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Agrikk posted:

Thanks for all the replies. Biased or not, even-handed or not, it was nice to read the last few pages and not have them filled with honking rancor.

Not sure what I’m going to do yet. (Read: Jita. Veldspar.)

Ship that poo poo to Goosefleet?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Honk

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
just kill explorer bots in null/wormholes

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Honk!

You still got an open unapologetic transphobe fuelling the GSF pos?

Or is he still there because he told a straight white Cis male director that he was scared of the gays and trans women because of communism and promised to use his inside voice?

Honk!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

how does the imperium keep getting fuckin waxed by phorde

how have you not figured out how to fight cerbs

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

learnincurve posted:

Honk!

You still got an open unapologetic transphobe fuelling the GSF pos?

Or is he still there because he told a straight white Cis male director that he was scared of the gays and trans women because of communism and promised to use his inside voice?

Honk!

Omg shut up about him. He has absolutely no power over anyone.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

Yes he does.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dalael posted:

Lol that's not the point shitler.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

hi it's me with your daily goosefeet update

we're doing ok in the wormhole, slowly making gains and etching ourselves into the w-space world

today we have managed to improve killing baddies by 2600%.

we have killed two stabbers (for reference yesterday we brought down a 3.48 million condor) and lost 1.45 bil in isks

keep fighting the good fight HONO HONK

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

lovely tuna snatch posted:

we're doing ok in the wormhole, slowly making gains and etching ourselves into the w-space world

we have killed two stabbers (for reference yesterday we brought down a 3.48 million condor) and lost 1.45 bil in isks

Mission accomplished :c00lbutt:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Goonspeed

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
:honk:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

excuse you, we killed a shuttle. in highsec.

triaxius
Mar 18, 2002

Something isn't right here, I've paid out will over that amount as part of the comedy loss mail initiative. I demand to know where the money has gone if not into space explosions! :goose:

DurrHurrHurr
Jul 19, 2022

Dalael posted:

Why would you even play with goobers like that, power or no

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Fireside gist of things

quote:

Asher is not here - dad in ICU
notes about things
we are facing a full papi deployment,
they are coming on strong and have significant numbers up front
papi have fully deployed
FRT are fighting their own war
legacy and people that didnt end up in brave are now who we are fighting

we have shaken some of the scum off, they are now fighting brave, the free men and FRT

Everyone should have an alpha account for HD (Feroxes)
Plan will be rolling out this week
this char never leaves 1dq, simple T1 ships
we did have a name for a corp for this at one point (the old suddenly seamen poo poo)
make capital fuel contract TO THE NEW FUEL/GSOL CORPORATION
All move ops have taken place so will be seeing how the war moves so far

Goonwaffe is yet to determine a new CEO
no one banging the door down to voluntold

CCP are asking for input from the right people and questions asked of the right people

NO ZEALOT DOCTRINE INCOMING
PI BLAH BLAH
Market BLAH BLAH

Panfam currently have a momentum advantage as we are reaching player burnout after deplying twice in quick succession.
They will not be able to push very far due to the timezone taking taking place. They will get a couple of wins

We care more about delve than we care about Immensea (ITS A poo poo HOLE)

The PCU is about to dip below 10k and we are taking that into account for poo poo we decide to do

Something about iHUBS being lossed in Immensea, we give 0 fucks

Horn of Goondor will not be used, its not our poo poo so why give a gently caress about it.

No NightHawk Doctrine Either

Polish Baltecs at Home for potential HD pings

Supertrains unlikely to deploy to the front due to Techfleet filling that gap (keep them they will see use)

We dont expect them to try a specific Capital fight. If they throw down, we will definitely respond correctly.

Capital Moveops on Hold for the time being

Join sigs and squads for burning back fields

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
if i joined gandr would anyone care if I honked in local in the hole all day long?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

WilWheaton posted:

if i joined gandr would anyone care if I honked in local in the hole all day long?

no

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

We have a corporation for that

https://evewho.com/corporation/98719477

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

:perfect:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Fireside gist of things

Dunno why you're posting this garbage here, when GSF has cut all ties with this dead comedy forum so stop posting this garbage. We don't loving care

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 21, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Idk why they think the player count is doomed, doomed. We have huge numbers of Eastern Europe cut from the player base, and a significant number of players have moved over onto various locality servers - which are numbers never included by Reddit.

Unless of course they are going on GSF log in numbers alone and extrapolating that the game is dying, because tbh other than the very obvious drop in Russian players in empire and WH I’m not seeing a huge difference to how it ever was.

Edit: yup there it is, serenity steadily rising, now at average 6800 players this month.

Absolute weapons

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 21, 2022

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

learnincurve posted:

Idk why they think the player count is doomed, doomed. We have huge numbers of Eastern Europe cut from the player base, and a significant number of players have moved over onto various locality servers - which are numbers never included by Reddit.

Unless of course they are going on GSF log in numbers alone and extrapolating that the game is dying, because tbh other than the very obvious drop in Russian players in empire and WH I’m not seeing a huge difference to how it ever was.

Edit: yup there it is, serenity steadily rising, now at average 6800 players this month.

Absolute weapons

I mean the game depends on enough people to work at all so yeah it's important... also, I think financially, they don't get nearly as much from Serenity.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

learnincurve posted:

Absolute weapons

Entire average PCU has been steadily dropping for the last 5 years fam and it’s only accelerating since the sun price increase

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Lol @ 'won't use horn of goondor'

That summons geese now.

And we DO have a nighthawk doctrine!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Lol @ 'won't use horn of goondor'

That summons geese now.

And we DO have a nighthawk doctrine!

Yeah, that was a weird thing to add, honestly.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Dunno why you're posting this garbage here, when GSF has cut all ties with this dead comedy forum so stop posting this garbage. We don't loving care

Because this is not the GANDR PGS thread, but the general Eve thread, for all Eve related bullshit. I do not recall seeing anywhere in the opening of this thread where we are gatekeeping and "No posting about Goonswarm" is an enforceable rule. There are people here interested in seeing these things, despite what narrative you and any other of Goosefleets members want to try and run with.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Not An Arsonist posted:

Because this is not the GANDR PGS thread, but the general Eve thread, for all Eve related bullshit. I do not recall seeing anywhere in the opening of this thread where we are gatekeeping and "No posting about Goonswarm" is an enforceable rule. There are people here interested in seeing these things, despite what narrative you and any other of Goosefleets members want to try and run with.

TheAdj and Asher have made it clear this dead forum has nothing to do with Nonceswarm, so yeah, you can gently caress right off with that. If you want to talk about GSF, make a thread in PGS

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

TheAdj and Asher have made it clear this dead forum has nothing to do with Nonceswarm, so yeah, you can gently caress right off with that. If you want to talk about GSF, make a thread in PGS

How about you gently caress off right back to my last post and re-read the part where i mention "all Eve related bullshit". I have no problem with you or anyone else dying on the "gently caress Goonswarm" hill. My point remains, this thread is for any and all Eve discussion. Even if Imperium has detached from SA, there's no reason we can't talk about them. Don't bitch at someone for trying to :justpost: current happenings.