Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I really hope they are getting evicted. gently caress I feel like a fascist tears vampire lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Another Bill posted:

I thought they bought them place for 6 million wtf

They were under contract to buy it but the sale had yet to close. In the meantime they were tenants.
I think the question that everyone had about how they had 6 million dollars was that they didn't.

In any case, yeah, locksmiths and police came by, the TUPOC folks were making threats all over the place, etc. The locksmiths ended up leaving and then the cultists wandered aimlessly around the property until well into the night under the vague idea of 'protecting' it.

Interesting tidbit

https://twitter.com/RochStGeorges/status/1560056481202012161

And of course their unhinged press release which is laughable.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Previously I would have said it's always risky letting a purchaser take possession prior to closing is risky. But this proves I was wrong. Here there was no risk. It was a certainty that exactly this was going to happen.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
https://twitter.com/a_pinsent/status/1560327825403662336

Hah.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait, they never even bothered to insure the place?? Just how dumb are these people?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Wait, they never even bothered to insure the place?? Just how dumb are these people?

That's a rhetorical question, right? These are the same folks that protested the federal government over provincial mandates.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

And I quote:

quote:

(5:20 in the video) *holding up their logo* "There is a leaf on every branch here that represents a province. There's 13 leaves on here."

Roughly that dumb.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

AegisP posted:

And I quote:

Roughly that dumb.
I mean, 10 provinces, 3 territories? Is not distinguishing "provinces and territories" *that dumb*? Or am I missing something?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, 10 provinces, 3 territories? Is not distinguishing "provinces and territories" *that dumb*? Or am I missing something?

It's minor, yes, though it was also in the midst of her warning people not to vote Red or Orange, explaining that their group has legal prosecutors on hand, and railing against how many immigrants came to the country last year and will by the end of this year, so it felt like a non-zero chance that they were sticking to thirteen provinces.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Oxyclean posted:

For people trying to act so big brained it's pretty dumb.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fair, I just assumed there was probably dumber things to pick from lol

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Actively wanting and supporting a monarch is one of the dumbest actions someone can undertake.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

This AI Art is wild.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

AegisP posted:

It's minor, yes, though it was also in the midst of her warning people not to vote Red or Orange, explaining that their group has legal prosecutors on hand, and railing against how many immigrants came to the country last year and will by the end of this year, so it felt like a non-zero chance that they were sticking to thirteen provinces.

And here I thought the 13 maple leaves were for good luck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

One for every letter in Justin Trudeau.

They love the guy!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/warren-thwing-rcmp-no-knock-raid-kingston-1.6554437

This is like the saddest thing, idolizing a genocidal police organization your entire life because you were one inch too short to join them.

And also a massive, tragic :lol: at ignoring a guy with multiple reports of a mock cruiser and weapons and domestic issues until he kills 20 people, then raiding the next guy you find in a google search like it's Bin Laden's house.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Pleads posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/warren-thwing-rcmp-no-knock-raid-kingston-1.6554437

This is like the saddest thing, idolizing a genocidal police organization your entire life because you were one inch too short to join them.

And also a massive, tragic :lol: at ignoring a guy with multiple reports of a mock cruiser and weapons and domestic issues until he kills 20 people, then raiding the next guy you find in a google search like it's Bin Laden's house.

On the other hand there's some logic to it, anyone who idolizes the police is inevitably a killer or major creepazoid

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

Looks like we’ve got our first Indigenous Supreme Court Justice.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/michelle-obonsawin-scc-nomination-1.6556152

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
How over-the-top against the working class is the current Bank of Canada governor, TIff Macklem? It's so bad that the National Post is calling him out on it.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/sabrina-maddeaux-tiff-macklem-wants-workers-to-keep-paying-for-his-mistakes

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Shofixti posted:

Looks like we’ve got our first Indigenous Supreme Court Justice.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/michelle-obonsawin-scc-nomination-1.6556152

Well that was anti-climatic, compared to the States. She is replacing Michael Moldaver who per wikipedia is retiring on September 1 2022 having basically reached the retirement age of 75.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Chillyrabbit posted:

Well that was anti-climatic, compared to the States. She is replacing Michael Moldaver who per wikipedia is retiring on September 1 2022 having basically reached the retirement age of 75.

Our Supreme Court generally is. It just works. It’s a functioning institution in a time when we basically have none.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How do they expect to get TV ratings without juicing up the drama aspect?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

How do they expect to get TV ratings without juicing up the drama aspect?

They don’t. Our court system is not televised and that’s a good thing.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Our judge santas are precious and innocent and must be shielded from politics at all costs.

(seriously the less the supreme court is in the news the better so that truckers don't remember they exist and demand they're stacked with fascists).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 10, 2022

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Oh I was basically commenting it was nice, that things like this isn't front page news all across Canada that a new judge is appointed and one retires. I never even knew we had a seat opening up. Based on Wikipedia if everyone stays until retirement the next SCC replacement would be 2028.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm guessing a combination of an actual retirement age and our more-than-two-party system means its harder to wield as a political tool. It's just... "Hey, a judge is retiring, here's the judge who's replacing them".

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 10, 2022

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
CBC inviting readers to "Smash or Pass" on a female lead tv series.

https://twitter.com/CBCEnt/status/1560543669660295172?s=20&t=aph8ZhO4_rLkgKujaWOBfQ

lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/CBCNS/status/1560712666833981443?t=i4F63GGFL1yPBvitKLPh-w&s=19

quote:

Provincial health minister says she’s paying close attention to privatization experiments in Ontario

Haha hell yeah someone loving shoot me

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Same day as this article lmfao

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/liz-leclair-emergency-services-struggle-high-demand-1.6555997

Nice glimpse into the future considering paramedics are already privatised. Plus peep that sick nine hour wait time to talk to a nurse over the phone.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Can't we just cut out the middle men and staff up our public services as needed?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Raise taxes enough to pay for essential services you lovely Conservative ghouls! :argh:

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

snorch posted:

Can't we just cut out the middle men and staff up our public services as needed?
But how will that financially benefit me and my cronies?

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
youll be broke and ill be happy about it :argh:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Trapick posted:

But how will that financially benefit me and my cronies?

OK we raise pay for and hire more people into the public system, and each premier gets fifty $1 million cheques they can secretly address to anyone they like no questions asked.

Should be doable? Maybe the senate needs involved somehow, as the resident experts in patronage.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Someone learned a term their teenaged child told them and did not understand the meaning properly.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

pokeyman posted:

OK we raise pay for and hire more people into the public system, and each premier gets fifty $1 million cheques they can secretly address to anyone they like no questions asked.

Should be doable? Maybe the senate needs involved somehow, as the resident experts in patronage.

This plan can hardly compete when governments are already giving away billion dollar toll highways to their friends for 99 years or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pokeyman posted:

They would pocket that money and continue on with their corruption.

There is no such thing as “enough” to them.

You could give them every dollar in existence and they would still try to squeeze you for more.

Everything on earth could be free and these types of people would still find a way to steal.