Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
You definitely don't need a healer with a HoT for BLU power levelling. Any job can go and just murder the enemies as soon as the BLU pulls them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the "doing 100 times more damage" thing will pull emnity off the BLU pretty quickly, you don't need to piss about with HoTs

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Here's your BLU leveling guide:

- Spit a fish at mob you want exp from.
- Have your dps friend, who is not in your party, one shot that mob.
- Done.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SettingSun posted:

- Done.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

uhhhhh excuse me

excuse me

you can't wear blu af at level 1

bad comic

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Glam posting glam posting! If you can't dye the weapon, dye everything else.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Vitamean posted:

uhhhhh excuse me

excuse me

you can't wear blu af at level 1

bad comic

Also don’t know why the WAR is futzing about with provoke when an onslaught would be just as effective and deal damage.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I cannot BELIEVE the krile outfit is still genderlocked

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm not sure what this means exactly

quote:

Beginning with Season Three, players will compete for rankings based on their highest achieved tier and Crystal Credit score during the season rather than their final standings.

Tier rewards will also be based on the highest achieved tier during the season.

Your initial CC ranking is set by the reward tier you reached in the previous series? Even though that tier could be entirely via Frontlines?

Or do they mean that the new season titles will be handed out based on who grinds out the most reward tiers?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

It just means that if you make it to crystal and then downrank to diamond you'll get the crystal rewards at season end.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ah ok that makes sense. I still get confused over the specific PvP terminology that gets used.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I cannot BELIEVE the krile outfit is still genderlocked

I'm willing to believe that they'll get to it eventually. Was a bit concerning that they hadn't updated cash shop outfits up to now, but it looks like they're starting to get to them.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Have they done non-genderlocked versions of any of the Scion outfits? I would actually probably buy the Cat-ear Hood but yeah I play on a male character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would buy the Krile outfit in a heartbeat if I could dye the actual outfit. In fact I would buy several of the character outfits if I could dye them. Square you are leaving money on the table here

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i only briefly skimmed the patch notes but it looks like the glamour dresser is getting doubled

i'm gonna have mine filled up again in like a day and a half, tops

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SettingSun posted:

- Done.

pull with sticky tongue. it stuns and yoinks the mob directly to you. much nicer for your carry.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Thundarr posted:

I'm not sure what this means exactly

Your initial CC ranking is set by the reward tier you reached in the previous series? Even though that tier could be entirely via Frontlines?

Or do they mean that the new season titles will be handed out based on who grinds out the most reward tiers?

idk, but I had a visceral reaction to the phrase "Crystal Credit Score"

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Chillgamesh posted:

Have they done non-genderlocked versions of any of the Scion outfits? I would actually probably buy the Cat-ear Hood but yeah I play on a male character.

I scanned through all the costume sets on the online store and only the twins' original outfits (naturally, though it shifts slightly to march a given twin) and the Brand New Alphinaud set appeared to be non-genderlocked.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Aside from resetting the PvP series progression, is anything else going to change or go away like the Garo gear or mount?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

blatman posted:

i only briefly skimmed the patch notes but it looks like the glamour dresser is getting doubled

i'm gonna have mine filled up again in like a day and a half, tops

Mine will probably be filled up day one just from moving all the stuff I have in my armory chest, inventory, and retainer inventories into it.

I have a lot of armor I don’t even really like the look of because “what if I change my mind?”.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I can get back to my task of putting every spear in the game into my closet now

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Awesome! posted:

pull with sticky tongue. it stuns and yoinks the mob directly to you. much nicer for your carry.

But that has a cast time and makes the process take longer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah the point of fish slap is it's instant cast so no one needs to stop moving for a moment.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Aside from resetting the PvP series progression, is anything else going to change or go away like the Garo gear or mount?

last time they ended the garo event they gave a pretty liberal heads up, so for now it's sticking around.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Draxion posted:

I can get back to my task of putting every spear in the game into my closet now

Same, but for katanas

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thanks for the info! Another BLU question, does Diamondback happen naturally during the trial or is do I need to hold off a bit for the cast to show up?

If you're trying to learn Diamondback from "The Steps of Faith," the enemy that casts it is the shelled dragon that spawns with the 2nd wave of adds that appear after the first barrier is destroyed by Vishap. So, you have to wait, and then engage that enemy, and then not interrupt that enemy when it casts Diamondback, and then kill it.

You will learn it as soon as the enemy dies, but I don't know if the chance to learn it is 100% or not if you're not sync'd, as only spells necessary to unlock more BLU quests are 100% guaranteed to learn while not sync'd in a duty.

If you were unaware, you may also learn Diamondback from The Stone Vigil (Hard)'s second boss, which has an identical model to this particular dragon in the Steps of Faith and is probably easier to field a crew to attempt the duty while sync'd (four instead of eight players). Simply wait until he casts Diamondback (don't interrupt it with the cannons), and then defeat him. Flat damage attacks defeat him quickly, like Missile, Level 5 Death or Tail Screw (Tail Screw has a horrendous hit rate, don't use Tail Screw).

For everyone, if you power-levelled BLU, why?

Did the Job seem appealing to you, but not interesting enough to go around exploring, trying out your spells as you learned them and discovering where to learn more as you levelled up?

Jabbering Idiot fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 19, 2022

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Jabbering Idiot posted:

If you're trying to learn Diamondback from "The Steps of Faith," the enemy that casts it is the shelled dragon that spawns with the 2nd wave of adds that appear after the first barrier is destroyed by Vishap. So, you have to wait, and then engage that enemy, and then not interrupt that enemy when it casts Diamondback, and then kill it.

Also if you're going to do it this way, make sure to do so ASAP since that trial is getting removed from the game and replaced with a solo duty early next week.

I levelled BLU for flexibility when unsyncing older duties for WT stickers and, occasionally, also use it in preformed dungeon parties when helping with story runs.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 19, 2022

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Jabbering Idiot posted:

You will learn it as soon as the enemy dies, but I don't know if the chance to learn it is 100% or not if you're not sync'd, as only spells necessary to unlock more BLU quests are 100% guaranteed to learn while not sync'd in a duty.

If you were unaware, you may also learn Diamondback from The Stone Vigil (Hard)'s second boss, which has an identical model to this particular dragon in the Steps of Faith and is probably easier to field a crew to attempt the duty while sync'd (four instead of eight players). Simply wait until he casts Diamondback (don't interrupt it with the cannons), and then defeat him. Flat damage attacks defeat him quickly, like Missile, Level 5 Death or Tail Screw (Tail Screw has a horrendous hit rate, don't use Tail Screw).

Did the Job seem appealing to you, but not interesting enough to go around exploring, trying out your spells as you learned them and discovering where to learn more as you levelled up?

because all the good spells are in 50+ dungeons

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

A Moose posted:

because all the good spells are in 50+ dungeons

Yeah, and it’s easier to go back as a high stat god to pick up spells.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Jabbering Idiot posted:

Because I can't level it through MSQ, Frontline, Catbook, or Duty Roulettes.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
If you wanna be baller, you can solo Stone Vigil Hard with Mighty Guard + Basic Instinct and some practice. The first boss is the only difficult part because of a nasty tank buster - Toad Oil gives you a chance to dodge it, but otherwise you'll need to heal through it. Do a sacrificial run to see how much damage your fully-buffed Final Sting deals and plan to use that to finish him off earlier. If you have Aetheric Mimicry, you can use tank Mimic to survive it easier if it's one-shotting you, or healer mimic if you've got Mog Cure for better healing than white wind. Gobskin + healer mimic is also good for surviving the buster. You don't need any of those though, I managed to beat it with only Toad Oil + spells I could get via soloing up to that point, just took several attempts. Make sure to use role actions to recover mana and reduce incoming damage - and to top off mana with Blood Drain when you get low, since you almost certainly will run out with the amount of healing you'll need to do.

Once you beat the first boss, everything after that is pretty easy going. The second boss you just sit there healing and waiting for it to use diamondback, then you can Tail Screw it to insta kill it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I level BLU normally when a new bracket comes out then power level my friends so we can make plans to do new BLU content and then never follow through

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Vitamean posted:

I level BLU normally when a new bracket comes out then power level my friends so we can make plans to do new BLU content and then never follow through

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hmm there's been a change of wording with the Sanctuary. Now we can build "accommodations"? Until now they've been saying things like "base of operations".

Not expecting anything housing like still but I thought that was interesting.

E: I...kind of hate the cabin?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 19, 2022

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Vitamean posted:

I'm glad that I don't have the brainworms that make me want to get all the BLU spells. Powerleveling it to max is good enough.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Dareon posted:

So it pains me to admit this, but I could use a little nudge towards mods. Because the game is like 90% playable without them, but my god that 10%.

I want a plugin that'll let me plug in a recipe and tell me where to find the ingredients, and another that will look at my inventory and highlight things (fish) that will never be useful for crafting.

fake e: Garland Tools does the first at the cost of alt-tabbing, which is acceptable. But I could still use the second.

You probably want Allagan Tools, formerly known as Inventory Tools. I haven't used it personally but it can do lots of Garland Tools stuff right in the game, and you can set up filters to highlight things (like all items that can be gathered but aren't used for crafting).

If you're already using XIVLauncher, it's in the default plugin repo ready to install. If you have plugin testing turned off, it'll still be InventoryTools IIRC. Some of the stuff like generating crafting lists is in the updated version, so you may need to enable testing to have it do everything you want.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There is nothing but grinding in the journey to level cap on BLU so why waste any more time doing it than necessary.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's thrilling when an NPC is like "hey you brought me a drink back in ARR, remember me?" and I actually do. In ShB when the Crystal Exarch revealed their identity I mistook them for the warring triad kid. I now know it was the crystal tower NOAH guy - completely forgot that dude.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Heran Bago posted:

It's thrilling when an NPC is like "hey you brought me a drink back in ARR, remember me?" and I actually do. In ShB when the Crystal Exarch revealed their identity I mistook them for the warring triad kid. I now know it was the crystal tower NOAH guy - completely forgot that dude.

See now I wish we had the option to tell Graha we didn't remember him at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I liked leveling BLU "naturally" (aka finding the most broken way to cheese it solo) when it first dropped but that's because BLU was basically THE content I cared about at that time so it was fun to savor it. Now there's other stuff to do.