Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i remember when naruto fans were mad that they got like, two straight years of it? after naruto and co failed to retrieve sasuke and they had to give the timeskip room to breathe

That's where I stopped watching it and never went back when Shippuden started lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
In the Spider-Man PC game, whoever setup the scoring system for the Taskmaster Challenges should never be allowed to work in video games again. If your web swinging is so much as a millisecond off from getting a score that demands a millimeter-accurate perfect run in a game that was in absolutely no way designed for precision movement, you get a sub par score.

loving christ. Nothing else in the game comes within an order of magnitude of asking this much of the player.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 19, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oxxidation posted:

son of a loving bitch, covid finally got me

Stay safe, goon. I'm living in fear that it will finally get me too, soon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
it finally got me too a week ago but I'm up to date on my booster so I'm better already

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

GreatGreen posted:

In the Spider-Man PC game, whoever setup the scoring system for the Taskmaster Challenges should never be allowed to work in video games again. If your web swinging is so much as a millisecond off from getting a score that demands a millimeter-accurate perfect run in a game that was in absolutely no way designed for precision movement, you get a sub par score.

loving christ. Nothing else in the game comes within an order of magnitude of asking this much of the player.

The drone challenges are my least favorite.

Quick tip for the bomb challenges, each bomb has a web zip point right next to it which makes getting to the exact point to grab the bomb way easier. It also really helps if you upgrade the in air web boost thing (A/X).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

son of a loving bitch, covid finally got me

I hope it passes swiftly. Get well and rest up as much as you can.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

I did it!

Last Call BBS, X'BPGH
God that was grueling. The puzzles pushed well past the limits of my mental RAM.

This was my first Zachtronics experience, do they always leave it to you to figure things out? I mean I ended up appreciating this approach, but the first few minutes were frustrating because I literally had no idea how to make anything happen.
The Forbidden Path, judging by, well, everything (including the story around it) seems to be a deliberate homage to Ere Informatique, a french developer founded by a music producer that, under its label Exxos, created really weird games with alien interfaces like Captain Blood, KULT: The Temple of Flying Saucers or Purple Saturn Day.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Chat thread is mostly filler episodes, I feel like

GreatGreen posted:

I did one of the combat challenges 10 times or so and got a full combo (the one where you rescue the diplomat and it ends with two rocket launchers running out) and STILL ended up a couple thousand shy of the target.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

wuggles posted:

Chat thread is mostly filler episodes, I feel like

I did one of the combat challenges 10 times or so and got a full combo (the one where you rescue the diplomat and it ends with two rocket launchers running out) and STILL ended up a couple thousand shy of the target.

Is it the one in central park that has an ultimate score of like 70k? I remember that one being a huge pain in the rear end. I think you really have to milk the time score for that one, I think I used the quad damage upgrade and killed everyone as fast as possible without getting hit when I did it on PS4 but I haven't maxed that one out in my current playthrough.

e. you might be referring to a different one but I think its true for most of the combat challenges the quad damage or spider bro are very helpful suit powers.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sailor moon is like 80% filler and it's goated

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
filler imo is just, stuff in an anime adaptation that wasn't in the manga. whether it's good or bad is up to how much care the studio can put into it, like anything else, and ideally it's an avenue for fun character bits between people who don't normally talk much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
filler is good for vibes-based shows. if its about folks hanging out and chilling.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

filling > filler

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

kfc $5 fill up > filler

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Is it the one in central park that has an ultimate score of like 70k? I remember that one being a huge pain in the rear end. I think you really have to milk the time score for that one, I think I used the quad damage upgrade and killed everyone as fast as possible without getting hit when I did it on PS4 but I haven't maxed that one out in my current playthrough.

e. you might be referring to a different one but I think its true for most of the combat challenges the quad damage or spider bro are very helpful suit powers.

It's not in Central Park. I did finally bounce off figuring that I just needed more upgrades.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it isn't often but even dbz's infamous padding can be good sometimes, honestly i think the first super saiyan transformation happens way too fast in the manga

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Chev posted:

The Forbidden Path, judging by, well, everything (including the story around it) seems to be a deliberate homage to Ere Informatique, a french developer founded by a music producer that, under its label Exxos, created really weird games with alien interfaces like Captain Blood, KULT: The Temple of Flying Saucers or Purple Saturn Day.

Thanks, I like old weird gaming poo poo (well, looking/reading about it, less so playing it) and I don’t think I’ve heard of them before.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

it isn't often but even dbz's infamous padding can be good sometimes, honestly i think the first super saiyan transformation happens way too fast in the manga

and then you have modern one piece that makes you long for the quick pacing of namek exploding

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

kfc $5 fill up > filler

I recently tried their Mac and Cheese bowl and it was pretty disappointing. I think I got more mac and cheese in a side dish.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it was funny seeing some people get mad that yashahime had a lot of episodes they considered meandering and filler-y when like

did they forget what OG inuyasha was like?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

kfc $5 fill up > filler

This KFC is mostly mmo fetch quests

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
oh is that what they do with all the bear asses

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdpgMDWClPY

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Bear meat isn't very good. Every time I've had brown bear sausage or ground meat I inevitably bite down on a chuck that doesn't quite feel right in my mouth. Like am I going to die now? Did that bite just kill me? Was that the chunk of homemade bear sausage that was full of trichinella?

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 19, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my dad insists the best cut of meat he ever had was a bear steak but i'm sure you have to be really careful about preparing them

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i remember when naruto fans were mad that they got like, two straight years of it? after naruto and co failed to retrieve sasuke and they had to give the timeskip room to breathe

Yeah it was two years of utter poo poo when they could have just taken a break and not ruined a huge portion of their show forever.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://clips.twitch.tv/PolishedPeppySandwichBabyRage-n_IHoAawu2-VcVj3

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

When I was a kid the big boo that appears at the end of the basement hallway scared the gently caress out of me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Did anyone clip him failing to jump through a window?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

When I was a kid the big boo that appears at the end of the basement hallway scared the gently caress out of me

bro spoilers???

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

the Manga is almost always better than the anime, I can't think of too many cases where this isn't true

Yu-Gi-Oh the anime is so completely tonally different from the manga that they don't even compare. Both are good for different reasons.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Looper posted:

sailor moon is like 80% filler and it's goated

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1560745169091117056?s=20&t=uzew1qxoKpAj4GT4n2VKBg

Honestly, Comix Zone movie could work.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a comix zone movie where the main character dies from punching things would own

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Comix Zone movie has to lean hard into being 90s comics, though. Can't make it modern.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a comix zone movie where the main character dies from punching things would own

yup

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When you think about it seinfeld is a show about filler

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

this thread is filler