Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i will never tire of this

thank you tom herman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

where's the scale that shows what the colors mean

On the right side

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hmm seems bad

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
20°C over normal, hell to the yeah

In awe of how doomed we are. Blessed to have the little c's chicago style pizza for $12.99 until the last possible moment, thank you demon treat society

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Samuel Glompers posted:

thank you demon treat society

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Arby's new hushpuppy breaded fish and chips are pretty goddamn good if you're looking for fast doom food.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Gonna quote myself in case you missed it, the frequency and intensity of heatwaves in Europe are going to increase 3x quicker than anywhere else

Pryor on Fire posted:

New weather just dropped

Both frequency and cumulative intensity of heatwaves show a much faster increasing rate in Europe compared to the rest of the midlatitudes for the large majority of land grid points (Fig. 1c, d). In particular, heatwave days show a mean increase over Europe of +0.61 days/decade, compared to +0.21 days/decade for the rest of the midlatitudes (Fig. 1c), constituting a ~3 times faster rate for Europe.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-31432-y

Pryor on Fire has issued a correction as of 19:35 on Aug 19, 2022

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

now we've just gotta pour these inexpensive compounds into our oceans and set it to a low boil and we'll be all set

Humans actually are good at dumping random mystery chemicals into bodies of water and heating them up. Finally, a realistic solution!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Arby's new hushpuppy breaded fish and chips are pretty goddamn good if you're looking for fast doom food.

What's a fish? Is that a kind of bean?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

if the heat anomaly is +20C then what's the forecasted tempurature

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A sea bean, yes. Born from the great battery pits of the north pacific.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/Bryan_Vehonsky/status/1560621068867493888

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Climate change will kill humans and lay waste to their infrastructure, which will mean they can't sweep the ocean free of biomass, but it'll also heat and acidify oceans.

If fish can find a bastion zone that's not too horrible, might be the best thing that could ever happen to them lol. Imagine a population of cod in the Sargasso or something just going gangbusters and nobody is there to stop them. The salmon are hosed because they still have to enter riverine environments on shore and go past the murder apes. Maybe the orange roughy will get some peace and quiet?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

lol is that just corn fried fish (like catfish, except not catfish)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mediaphage posted:

lol is that just corn fried fish (like catfish, except not catfish)

Yeah, basically. Still good though.

You'll want extra salt for the fries.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

skooma512 posted:

Climate change will kill humans and lay waste to their infrastructure, which will mean they can't sweep the ocean free of biomass, but it'll also heat and acidify oceans.

If fish can find a bastion zone that's not too horrible, might be the best thing that could ever happen to them lol. Imagine a population of cod in the Sargasso or something just going gangbusters and nobody is there to stop them. The salmon are hosed because they still have to enter riverine environments on shore and go past the murder apes. Maybe the orange roughy will get some peace and quiet?

adding insane amounts of lye to the ocean will both help with the PFAS problem and the acidification. We can't afford not to!

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Wait, is that Yugoslavia? And loving Czechoslovakia? Lmao what the gently caress is this map

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/status/1560686368640180225?t=y9YVAGd8ZsT1Ywo9l95Wuw&s=19

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

IAMKOREA posted:

Wait, is that Yugoslavia? And loving Czechoslovakia? Lmao what the gently caress is this map

check out the world map

https://twitter.com/chriscartw83/status/1560667753354493954

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I really like summer storms and now it’s just endless drought with the occasional atmospheric river to mix things up

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

IAMKOREA posted:

what, you haven't heard? the gang got back together! the whole eastern block, soviet union and all

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

i will simply adapt to everywhere on earth being perpetually unlivabley hot

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Stereotype posted:

:hmmyes:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i dont understand why we don't just build a bunch of solar-powered ac units to cool the planet

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

looks like half hot half cold to me, nature knows what its doing

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
New pepsi ad is confusing.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

mediaphage posted:

i dont understand why we don't just build a bunch of solar-powered ac units to cool the planet

if we cool the planet how are we going to boil the PFAS out of the rain? THINK

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

New pepsi ad is confusing.

generation nixed

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Those in the heat belt can simply move to the western part of the country where there is no heat belt or rain

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Heat pump into space bing bong so simple

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

This seems pretty bad

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
My wife and i had the luxury of being able to choose where to live in the US after i picked up a WFH job. We immediately said no to the midwest, the great plains, the south, and the southwest due to climate change. The only viable options were cascadia or new england, and then the question was 'earthquakes or blizzards'?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
if there's a blizzard, you can stay inside. the earth starts quakin, what you gonna do, fly into the air?! that's where blizzards come from!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

MLSM posted:

This seems pretty bad

The lights are going out all over Europe, they will not be lit again on a geological time scale

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

The implications of this are really scary to think about.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I think it might finally be time to vote.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Don't worry we will all be dead before the next big earthquake

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

there's going to be a moment when this finally starts penetrating into public consciousness and starts getting reflected in real estate prices, and when that starts, the shift is going to be rapid and disruptive

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

you could say this is nature’s vaccine against humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

2053 lol imagine sitting around for another 30 years