Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Foo Diddley posted:

i recommend the cup holder and 8-track player

T-Tops

*edit: you know what? gently caress it. Keeping that snipe*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
It's funny: as someone that has a non-practicingly-Jewish wife (and kids) how the gently caress do you not know what a bris is?

Now I've personally never bean, but I've been to seders and chanukkah parties and shivas, like I assume this dude has. what's a bris tho

but yeah she probably deliberately left out the "cut his dick" part of we're ceremonially naming him and also we're going to cut his dick

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for saying my stepson isn't masculine?

quote:

I was having a conversation with some girlfriends of mine about raising our sons and how boys are, their interests and things like that.

During the conversation, my daughter (3f) wakes up from her nap, and my stepson (16m) so sweetly and gently gets her up. He's such a calm, sweet, gentle and reserved person and he has a boyfriend. I then said “See Micheal isn't really masculine”, as it was related to the conversation me and my friends were having.

Micheal heard me say it, got upset and legitimately hasn't spoken to me in 5 days. I'm so confused. He's not a masculine kid and I thought he knew that, but idk. AITA or just moody irrational teenageness on his part?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Fellas is it feminine to care for your family members?

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Invisible Clergy posted:

“See Micheal isn't really masculine”, as it was related to the conversation me and my friends were having.

Does that mean her friends were sat there saying how bigly butch manly he was and that was her evidence to the contrary or is this because its a point she's made multiple times about him not being masculine before?

I do wonder but can probably guess.....

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

captainOrbital posted:

It's funny: as someone that has a non-practicingly-Jewish wife (and kids) how the gently caress do you not know what a bris is?

Now I've personally never bean, but I've been to seders and chanukkah parties and shivas, like I assume this dude has. what's a bris tho

but yeah she probably deliberately left out the "cut his dick" part of we're ceremonially naming him and also we're going to cut his dick

If she's non practicing, why would he know what a bris is?

Maybe he didn't see that episode of Seinfeld.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Kuros posted:

No, nor is it feminine per say. Genderizing something like that is def some of the brick and mortar that keeps up Toxic Masculinity tower. Even if she meant it nicely.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Grape posted:

No, nor is it feminine per say. Genderizing something like that is def some of the brick and mortar that keeps up Toxic Masculinity tower. Even if she meant it nicely.

It was a rhetorical question.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Man who has the constitution to be a mohel? What if you sneeze? Im so glad i went into data. you make a mistake with data, the worst thing that happens is getting laughed at or getting published in a top tier journal, then issuing a retraction a decade later. you make a mistake with a tiny penis? those parents are not gonna be happy.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Kuros posted:

Yes, i am a barrel-chested manly man. if a three year old wakes up from a nap im not nurturing. i start bench pressing that kid. gotta get your reps in. i call it benchsmogging

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for blowing up at my son for lying to me for an year ?

quote:

I (48M) have 2 sons : "Alex" (19M) and "Dan" (14M). They both live with their mother in another city cause she got the full custody after we divorced, but I still visit them frequently. Sometimes they also visit me, my younger son more often/for more time than my older one. Either way, Alex said that he started dating a girl an year ago. I was very happy to hear this, cause he's always been more of an outcast, so I liked it that he finally found a girl for himself. I started pressing him to bring her when I visit them in order to finally meet her, but he kept making excuses and avoid my questions about her. Yesterday however, he finally admitted that he lied about having a girlfriend and that he was actually dating another man all this time, but he didn't tell me cause he didn't know if he'd accept him. I was shocked to hear this, but also furious that he lied to about this for a whole year, so I started blowing up at him keeping me in the dark about this for so long and building up my hopes for nothing.

I then asked if his mother also knew about this, to which he replied that even Dan knew about it. That really made me disappointed, cause my entire close family knew that my son was gay except myself ! Like, I had no expectation for my ex to tell me anything cause she's always been spiteful towards me after the divorce ( and even before it honestly ), but I thought at least Dan wouldn't lie to me, cause he was close to me and him and his brother never had a good relationship, so I'm surprised got him to keep such a big thing from me.

AITA for being hurt that my older son would rather keep me in the dark about his sexuality out of anyone from our family, even after all the things I did for him ?

gee, i wonder why nobody wanted to tell you, OP :thunkher:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I have a cousin who did the exact same thing. She's been doing pretty well for herself in the Coast Guard, too.

Can you really be "doing well" while serving as a drug and immigration cop?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Lone Goat posted:

I mean, a lot of it is cultural. I used to read my kids the story of chanukkah when they were little. I am catholic (bc I was baptized many years ago and according to francis it is impossible to be a former catholic), but I'm pretty sure nobody in my house believes in any sort of higher power. Except the cats, obv. There is a lot about the jewish faith that is just woven into the culture. My kids' cousins had bat mitzvahs and all that, but most of the family is non-practicing. There's just lots of relatives that hold onto the cultural history of judaism, and honestly I think it's kind of nice.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for trying to cheer up my friend after her favorite character died?

Friends, loved ones, we are gathered here today to mourn the passing of someone who touched our lives in a significant way. Despite the fact that he was an animated cartoon character,

the real question here is: who was the character??

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Booky posted:

the real question here is: who was the character??

Who's that guy who just died in My Hero Academia? That's my guess.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Who's that guy who just died in My Hero Academia? That's my guess.

Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for getting mad at my husband for eating food he paid for?

quote:

My husband (33m) and I (27f) get along really well and rarely fight. When we do, it's about food. A recurrent fight in our relationship has been over my husband eating snacks or ingredients that I've gotten for myself and consider my food, even after I've asked him not to eat those things.

I am the primary food procurer in our relationship. I spend many hours each week meal-planning, going to the grocery store, and then cooking. My husband helps with the kitchen cleanup, and because I'm the one putting labor into getting our food, he pays for about 75% of our grocery costs. We both like this setup and feel that it is fair. However, we also both work full time jobs, so when I find time to go to the grocery store, it's with the intention of those groceries lasting all week. The grocery store that I go to is 20 minutes away, and then grocery shopping is pretty time-consuming as well. I buy what I need for my weekly lunches and breakfasts, buy what my husband asks for for his, and then buy ingredients for shared meals I will cook. All with the intent of not having to go back for another week. He pays for 75% of it.

This works great, except for when my husband helps himself to ingredients that I've gotten for myself. We've had many arguments over me discovering that I'm missing lunch ingredients in the morning before work, or that a snack that I got for myself is half gone before I've even gotten a chance to eat it. Earlier today, I came home to find that a bag of plantains chips I'd been saving were half empty. It's one of the few easy, packaged snacks I can eat on my medically restricted diet (AIP), and I'd asked him specifically not to touch them. I confronted my husband, and he immediately apologized, but said that he doesn't even really think about it. He said he was really hungry and had run out of snacks for himself and thought that it wouldn't be a big deal. He also said he would never get mad at me for eating some of his snacks (which I've never done so there's no way to confirm this). I get that it's a little ridiculous to have a full-on fight over $2 worth of plantain chips, but it makes me so mad that I can't seem to get him to respect my boundaries and not eat food that I get for myself.

Yes, he pays more than me in groceries, but I think the labor costs that go into all the meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking more than cover that. Him eating food that I've gotten to last the whole week also feels like a total disregard for my time and the time that I put into getting that food. Now, I can either make a second trip to the grocery store at the expense of spending my time how I want to, or I can do without something I already got for myself to enjoy.

*I do have a long history of disordered eating and get that this might be a really obsessive way to view food, but I still feel like my request should be respected in this situation. AITA?

Just as many OPs learn too late about the benefits of maintaining separate bank accounts, or 50s sitcom couples maintaining separate beds, there is much to be said for OPs who insist on remaining married to food thieves maintaining separate locked mini fridges for their respective bags of pre-shredded cheese, plantain chips, etc.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Invisible Clergy posted:

Just as many OPs learn too late about the benefits of maintaining separate bank accounts, or 50s sitcom couples maintaining separate beds, there is much to be said for OPs who insist on remaining married to food thieves maintaining separate locked mini fridges for their respective bags of pre-shredded cheese, plantain chips, etc.

Hell we have separate rooms and it works out great.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
My husband and I slept in separate rooms for years and now we are divorced

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I do appreciate that we’ve had more than one story involving fridges and locks. Completely ignoring the root of the issue.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lone Goat posted:

Pretty sure I found out from that episode of South Park.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

Pretty sure I found out from that episode of South Park.

I was once stopped at a light behind a car that had vanity plates referencing being a mohel (Something like "NO 1 MOHEL" or "BEST MOHEL" I don't really remember).

Well, that's my Jewish circumscision tradition story, thanks for reading.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

My husband got our girlfriend pregnant without discussing it with me

quote:

My husband (38M) and I (30F) are in an open marriage. We’ve been married for 5 years and open for the past 2 years. Currently, we have a long term girlfriend(26F) that we have both been with for just over a year.

I’m also 30 weeks pregnant and we’re all so excited to welcome our daughter into the world soon. Our relationship and time in the bedroom has never been better, until the other day when our girlfriend announced her pregnancy to us. I was so surprised, I didn’t know she had been seeing anyone else. After I congratulated her, I asked who was the father and she said that my husband was. This was something that we never talked about at all, so I politely asked her to leave while I discussed this with my husband.

Apparently, her seeing me pregnant and so excited convinced her that she was ready for motherhood herself and she told my husband that she would be stopping her birth control. My husband never told this to me and neither did our girlfriend. So the entire time we’ve been together for the past few months, they we’re having completely unprotected sex without my knowledge which was not part of our arrangement.

I’m still his wife and she’s just our girlfriend. I feel so betrayed by my husband to go behind my back like that. They don’t understand why I’m mad, they think that I should be happy. I was aware that my husband has a breeding fetish, so do I, but this is much much different than just roleplaying situations and they don’t seem to understand that. I don’t know how else to express to them how disrespectful that was to me.

Edit: we had an written agreement that birth control is to be used with our partners. We even discussed in that same written agreement that any pregnancies would not continue if it were to fail, but this was intensional and non consensual

Top comment:

quote:

Hope you both have a child support fetish

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 20, 2022

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Invisible Clergy posted:

Hello, yes, DCF?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
All I’m learning from this thread is all the work I did to be a better man was loving stupid, because utterly terrible men can find women that don’t care how terrible they are.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

so this happened at a restaurant the other day and I need to know if I'm TA here.

the waiter said "That'll be 20.75, just take care of it whenever you're ready".

my husband said "Thanks". I was stunned. I stared at him while he ate. "What?", he asked me, with those stupid baby seal eyes. I rolled mine in response. "You KNOW what". he was incredulous. "no I don't know what. I paid for this food, I can eat it!".

it was like talking to a dog. "that's your excuse? because you exchange some little pieces of paper with someone else you think that gives them the right to murder that poor cow? The right to transport that meat by rail and truck causing greenhouse gas emissions all throughout the process? The right to a way of life that is not only grossly inefficient but morally corrupt and bankrupt?!"

he had no response. and everyone stood up and clapped. still, he tried to defend himself. "look, man's gotta eat. what am I supposed to do?".

I stared at him with seething contempt. it would take both an infinite amount of time and indefatiguable patience to explain the facts of life to this turd. still, I began to explain: "you have the power to overthrow the material conditions of capitalism. as Marx explained...."

12 hours later the restaurant was closing and they forced us to leave. now his entire family is blowing up my phone saying I am TA for explaining how capitalism leads to widespread exploitation of the labor class. My defense is that we can't just ignore these problems and expect them to go away. they say capitalism may not be the best system but it's the only system we've got blah blah blah. I think I'm in the right here but I just need an outside perspective.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Remulak posted:

All I’m learning from this thread is all the work I did to be a better man was loving stupid, because utterly terrible men can find women that don’t care how terrible they are.

You sound like you learned a lot and became a really cool person.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Batterypowered7 posted:

Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight

and Shoto Todoroki too, apparently. Unless Deku pulls a resurrect the dead power out of his One for rear end then the mangaka is just killing darlings for pathos I guess?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Remulak posted:

don't feel bad. you have no idea what any of these people look like. for all we know these women who tolerate rear end stank are themselves troll-like goblins.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
What if I became a non-garbage person for nothing!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

What if I became a non-garbage person for nothing!

that's what I'm saying! become a garbage monster like me! i'm made out of garbage and i eat garbage

its really not that bad! youll get used to it! bwahahahaha

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Remulak posted:

Speaking of which, Therapist slammed for saying ‘lonely’ men need to ‘step up’ in dating

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Invisible Clergy posted:

Top comment:
She keeps saying that didn't consent to the GFs pregnancy. Well no, but it's also not her choice to make. But hey, now she gets to decide if she wants to deal with just 1 kid or 2 while the husband and GF have their fun

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Lemniscate Blue posted:

AITA for putting my foot down and refusing to back my Nephews ?
I know this is like pages late, BUT as someone that’s been posting here for WAY too long, that kid is online-poisoned BAD and has no idea how to relate to actual humans.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

I never understood "mine" and "yours" for finances in a marriage. I'm married 32 years to a great woman, and we have a single joint bank account. All my pay goes into that as well as my wife's.

She handles all the bills and finances and there's never been a problem. When I want something, I get it, when she does, she gets it. There's none of this "your poo poo" and "my poo poo". It's shared expense.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mistayke posted:

I never understood "mine" and "yours" for finances in a marriage. I'm married 32 years to a great woman, and we have a single joint bank account. All my pay goes into that as well as my wife's.

She handles all the bills and finances and there's never been a problem. When I want something, I get it, when she does, she gets it. There's none of this "your poo poo" and "my poo poo". It's shared expense.

well you probably did some hosed up poo poo like marrying someone that you love and trust. did the boomers teach you nothing?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mistayke posted:

I assume your problem is that you're both reasonable people who can communicate and trust each other not to abuse that setup. Maybe try introducing more drama into your lives

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure my parents split their finances/bills/etc almost entirely because online banking didn't exist when they got married and now they're mostly just used to it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What are the other sites to use besides rareddit to read deleted posts? It's been pretty unreliable lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

pentyne posted:

What are the other sites to use besides rareddit to read deleted posts? It's been pretty unreliable lately.

reveddit, unddit

first one has some nice post sorting features, second one will display user-deleted posts