Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LARDER

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Pretty drat tasty in a casserole with bacon, carrots and onions. I had some fluffy Golden Wonder potatoes along with it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a Crunchy Hatch Chili Chicken Roll from the grocery store. It sounded very different so I had to get it. I was really drunk and it was really good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Leftover pizza (special)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got a Crunchy Hatch Chili Chicken Roll from the grocery store. It sounded very different so I had to get it. I was really drunk and it was really good.

the gently caress

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick posted:

the gently caress

Yeah it's always the normal grocery store sushi stuff. Some california/philly rolls, your usual stuff, nagiri, etc.

This was the only one I've seen there that was different. Although as far as I know, one company does all of the in-store-made sushi for everywhere around here.

edit: it's Hissho. I see them everywhere.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Ima check M'Larder but I think I'm going to slice up some deli ham thats near the end of its life and mix it with some week old eggs,frozen broccoli, and frozen peas and do a fried rice.

Does Oyster sauce expire? Maggi?

I haven't made fried rice in like 2 or 3 years and I wonder if they won't just ruin the ham and rice. Might need to go clean out the "spice" shelf and get some new ingredients.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yesterday I picked up some twice baked potatoes and lasagna from the deli so I'll probably make one of each.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

When I used to work in an office there was a Dillons (I think most people call it a Kroger? grocery store chain here) that sells sushi... i've never gotten the fish there, but i've had the california roll (imitation crab meat, avocado, carrot sticks.)

As long as you get it fresh while they are open and don't get it at 10 pm from the grab and go icebox after they have been closed for 3 hours, its fine.

I got it once at like 10:30 pm right before they closed and that roll had been sitting there in the super cold cooler for like 3 hours and the seaweed was just all hydrated and stringy as gently caress.. I had to toss it. Inedible.

That's my story.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Meme Poker Party posted:

Is there an ongoing joke about the word larder that I've been unaware of or was it literally just nooner replying "lol" to it that set this all off.

i mean fuckin lmao

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Grocery store sushi usually isn’t that bad but it’s gotta be fresh or the rice has a nasty dried out texture but the other issue is that it isn’t particularly cheap compared to restaurant sushi so just get something else from the grocery store and then get sushi from a restaurant tomorrow or whatever.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

exactly BWBD. You said it.

they used to sell the california roll for 5.99 like in 2019 right before covid and it was a pretty good deal. lunch special.

i think it was 7.99 after 2 pm

it was like 8 pieces it filled me up at lunch plenty and was healthier than like mcdonalds or something

but the one time i got it for dinner it was crunch and slimy and just disgusting. never again. i'll go when its fresh or get something else.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This I would say is actually the exception, chicken and hatch chili sounds awesome and that looks like a pretty big pile of food for $9.99.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i can't even imagine what that is or what it would taste like

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Grilled sandwiches and spinach salad

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Two cheddar brats and some rice and some peas and it was good

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Bloop posted:

Two cheddar brats and some rice and some peas and it was good

Woohoo!!! Good for you! It's National Brat Day!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Woohoo!!! Good for you! It's National Brat Day!

I'm doing my part dot gif :patriot:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

leftover big mac salad and its so drat good

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Probably leftover taco bell that's been in my fridge since last night.

Do a cowboy shakshuka. Chop up all the Bell(live mas) and throw them in at the end of a red sauce with eggs.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
taco tuesday baby!! but just got taco bell instead of making tacos like normal yumm taco bell

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint calls it "Taco Hell"

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

potato and cheese perogies, smoked polish sausage, cabbage and onions all fried together

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

potato and cheese perogies, smoked polish sausage, cabbage and onions all fried together

Yeah that's the stuff right there. :hmmyes:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I had wuonio (not fixing that typo) and roup (also not fixing that one )

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

from larder to farter

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pea soup from scratch using split peas, bacon and carrots.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

His Divine Shadow posted:

Pea soup never looks good but I'm sure it tasted great.

I had the idea of making egg roll in a bowl with half a leftover cabbage. I couldn't get into town today so no minced pork. I started off making a vegetable stir fry.

I had some other things I needed to use up, like a beef tomato that was going soft. So I added chicken broth, tomato paste, hot sauce, vinegar and a couple of spoonfuls of quinoa. I ended up with some sort of hot 'n sour vegetable soup.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

mixed berry + pistachio and red onion on strawberry puree

lamb + tomato on feta mozzarella blend on pizza sauce w a little mint

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

bolognese

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yesterday I picked up some twice baked potatoes and lasagna from the deli so I'll probably make one of each.

Same for last night.

I just threw them both in the toaster oven for 30 minutes or so. The potato was huge and tipped over and just dumped everything out. I added extra cheese of course.

Both were very good though. I'll get those potatoes again but they were expensive.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I want to make falafel but keep forgetting to loving prep the beans the day before

runchild
May 26, 2010

Used my new charcoal grill to make bbq chicken, then I put it in homemade mac n cheese.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I made fried rice. I took a bag of peas out of the freezer. There were only a few left covered in a bit of crushed ice. I put them in a sieve and ran them under the tap. When I went to collect them they looked like this:

Anyway, this is mushroom, ham, carrot, brocolli stem and ramiro pepper egg fried rice:

runchild
May 26, 2010

Hot dogs cooked over an open fire

And s’mores

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Valko posted:

Anyway, this is mushroom, ham, carrot, brocolli stem and ramiro pepper egg fried rice:

how long did you chill and dry the rice for?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

AKZ posted:

how long did you chill and dry the rice for?

I didn't. I know the general consensus is to use day old rice but I used freshly cooked basmati. It was dry enough, I cooked it using the pilaf method.

I know you're not supposed to use basmati for fried rice either because it's so delicate but I love the stuff so much.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Honey garlic chicken w/ broccolini and snow peas on rice

Green onion, sesame seed, sambal oelek garnish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

His Divine Shadow posted:

Nice.

One of my favorite memories was taking a week off when Mass Effect 3 released and to sustain myself I made crockpot of split pea ham soup with smoked ham hocks, leeks and potatoes.

I kept it on the floor next to me and would dip a bowl whenever i needed sustainace. I basically lost track of time until my friends called to make sure I was okay. Good times.