Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This patch seems pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I'm predicting no door boss this time.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the gently caress is a door boss

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

hexwren posted:

Well when there isn't a door boss it's a jar boss

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hexwren posted:

When there's a mini boss before the main boss. Like Faust in Alex 1.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hexwren posted:

Some savage tiers have two bosses for the final fight, the version you fight in the normal mode (with new mechanics) and then an actual savage only fight. Neo Exdeath for example.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fair enough

i have never savaged

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/zhuune/status/1560604380071870469?s=20&t=4XaINJdBrm8C0v6trgxkcQ

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

bless

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why do the Ixal quests have combat? :psyduck:

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
They really hadn't figured out crafter/gatherer Tribe quests at that point, as you can tell by the required gloves and the "buffs" you have to get from the different locations to actually do the crafting, as well as the few gathering quests being very specific about which gatherers can do them and not today's "Yeah, you can mine the same alchemy ingredients from that rock as you can get from chopping down that tree"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DanielCross posted:

They really hadn't figured out crafter/gatherer Tribe quests at that point, as you can tell by the required gloves and the "buffs" you have to get from the different locations to actually do the crafting, as well as the few gathering quests being very specific about which gatherers can do them and not today's "Yeah, you can mine the same alchemy ingredients from that rock as you can get from chopping down that tree"

Well at least the Ehcatl Nine delivery quest gives a huge reputation boost and seems easy enough to cheat even if it is weekly and Ixal quests start off giving 20 reputation points per quest so I assume the grind going to be mercifully short compared to the other ARR tribes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Which delivery quest do you mean? The one where you give the manciple crafted items off a list? That's daily, and yeah, it definitely helps speed up the Ixal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Antivehicular posted:

Which delivery quest do you mean? The one where you give the manciple crafted items off a list? That's daily, and yeah, it definitely helps speed up the Ixal.

Must have misread, nice.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Ixal have more reputation steps than the other ARR tribes, but you can focus them pretty hard with daily allowances so they don't take an unreasonable amount of time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I do think it's kinda neat that the Ixal's crafting actually gives you specific challenges like limited CP, but I did them back in I think Stormblood. I'm guessing that's probably not providing interesting challenge anymore.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Nope, it was purely “gently caress did I forget to equip the gloves AGAIN?” tedium when I did it a few months ago.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regalingualius posted:

Nope, it was purely “gently caress did I forget to equip the gloves AGAIN?” tedium when I did it a few months ago.
This is why you set up a special gearset just for that. You don't even need to upgrade it because the Ixal crafting never goes above like level 20.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Only way you can actually gently caress up was taking all the mats at once and loading up on 3x debuffs then wondering what happened. You still won't fail unless you misclick but your muscle memory might betray you.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
glaaaaamposting

Fisher glam very basic but very appropriate.

BLM glam includes canon hat only. Also I'm sad that the other versions of that robe (Aurum Chasuble) are healer-only. When I'm in healer mode, I'm working for a living, I don't have time to futz around with capes! BLM mode is for being super extra.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Regalingualius posted:

Stuff was fun back in the day because you'd get the CP capped at 150 + CP Halved (So really its 75) + btw you can't use your cross class skills like hasty touch or byregot's blessing

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I do think it's kinda neat that the Ixal's crafting actually gives you specific challenges like limited CP, but I did them back in I think Stormblood. I'm guessing that's probably not providing interesting challenge anymore.

If you're max level in the max level gear, you'll have more than enough CP to smack the the auto HQ button and then complete the item in one synthesis. No challenge whatsoever.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Khizan posted:

If you're max level in the max level gear, you'll have more than enough CP to smack the the auto HQ button and then complete the item in one synthesis. No challenge whatsoever.

Yeeeeeeah, that skill is a bit of a killer for most attempts to make challenging crafting.

...now I'm wondering. Does that skill work on the Ishgardian Restoration expert crafting? They are ten levels below us now...

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The only challenging crafts in this game are the expert crafts. Everything else is just a solveable macro creation problem.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cleretic posted:

Yeeeeeeah, that skill is a bit of a killer for most attempts to make challenging crafting.

...now I'm wondering. Does that skill work on the Ishgardian Restoration expert crafting? They are ten levels below us now...

They work on the vanilla level 80 Restoration crafts, but not the experts, no.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Hopped on the balance and didn't find an explicit answer to this question. Once you are outside of the sam opener, do you use meikyo on cooldown or hold onto it for tsubame? Was beating on a dummy for like 9 minutes relearning things since i've been reaping and want to get back to sick swords and watching meikyo drift 5 seconds every minute was mildly aggravating. Found a filler guide and it definitely looks like the answer is hold it, which is easier than winging the filler cooldowns without it I suppose.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Antivehicular posted:

They work on the vanilla level 80 Restoration crafts, but not the experts, no.

As I discovered the other day when I decided to go get one of these fine tools. Having a ten level advantage sure as hell helps, but it was still tricky to consistently get higher collectable ratings. Being forced to use the current stage of your tool to craft the expert turn-ins definitely contributed to that.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Countblanc posted:

there were comments initially when they specified it wasnt in at launch that they would probably be adding it in the future, but no timeline as far as i know.

I'm fairly sure that "no premades to faceroll the other team" is a deliberate design decision, not a flaw they're planning to fix. Maybe they'll add a premades-only queue at some point?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Itzena posted:

I'm fairly sure that "no premades to faceroll the other team" is a deliberate design decision, not a flaw they're planning to fix. Maybe they'll add a premades-only queue at some point?

Given the biggest problem with the thing CC replaced was match-fixing, I can imagine that they don't want to introduce team-stacking just to make that harder.

Match-fixing stil happens in CC of course, but it's a lot harder to do.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Match-fixing stil happens in CC of course, but it's a lot harder to do.

Even harder next update, when you get a 30/60/180 minute PVP lockout for declining a CC match.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
peee yew y'all weren't kidding about PLD 60 class questline, god drat.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Yeeeeeaaahhh, not great

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Itzena posted:

You can already create a custom match with two parties of 5, that's how the tournaments get held. You get no pvp/series xp for those, of course.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Doomykins posted:

I started up a video series on job lore, and my first was Paladin. For different reasons than 'if I start with the worst the only way is up', but I was quite aware of that as a bonus.

But honestly the rest of Paladin's questlines aren't even that bad, it's just that HW PLD is so bad that it actively ruins the rest of them. I firmly believe that SB PLD doesn't just divert to the Gladiator guys because they're more interesting or have worthwhile story to tell like Monk or White Mage; I feel like SB PLD went to Gladiator because the HW storyline irreparably broke PLD, you literally cannot tell Paladin stories afterward. You can tell because the one scene in HW PLD that actually does try to tie back to being about Paladins only makes it worse and falls into the same traps as HW PLD.

The HW job quest makes Paladin the king of a castle made of lies and betrayal. Which isn't a great angle for the guys that are kinda meant to be 'holy knights of protection'.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I played ARR as Paladin knowing already that I wanted to switch to Dark Knight as soon as it became available. I certainly didn't need a lore explanation for my WoL to pull a reverse-Cecil, but by god were 2.55 and the HW Paladin questline the perfect one-two punch for it.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Am I correct in thinking that once 6.2 drops the expert duty roulette will drop to just the two most recent dungeons?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mainwaring posted:

Am I correct in thinking that once 6.2 drops the expert duty roulette will drop to just the two most recent dungeons?

correcto

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bleak times for tome grinders

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

On the bright side, you'll have a shiny new 90DR (that no one will ever run)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Makes it easier to farm the 6.1 dungeon appearances now that it’ll be a 50/50 chance to get it from roulette.