Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pasaluki posted:

To be fair their union isn't as hardcore because everyone loves firefighters. Every firefighter that I've met has been chill and cool af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Bullet Train is loud, shiny garbage, but it's entertaining as all hell. Brad Pitt is a good actor but he's always been best at bumbling burnouts being kicked around by life. Ton of cameos.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can’t remember who that is AND still haven’t gone back to read who I M Gei is, I’m just dropping the ball on keeping up with the thread

I m is el penis.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Rock Scott is probably embezzling from the Republican Senate Committee.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaKarp/status/1560777712821739523?t=lVSTMzHTnDGT1HOuKoLbgw&s=19

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Rock Scott is probably embezzling from the Republican Senate Committee.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaKarp/status/1560777712821739523?t=lVSTMzHTnDGT1HOuKoLbgw&s=19

If only there were some sign that Rick Scott could cause massive financial losses,

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I met a cool lady at my friend's party last weekend and we hit it off right until she said she was in training to become a cop. Instant chemistry killer for me.

Don’t you already have a significant other?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/fox_sheldon/status/1560626905912487936?s=20&t=80-XI9riowd7NWYQD91iAg

Watch the video for more content. Trust me.

My man went off.

5? But it’s only a trilogy. :colbert:

Those texts just kept going lol

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

If only there were some sign that Rick Scott could cause massive financial losses,

Financial losses are good... for Jeb! (and everyone else with liquid disposable money to put into the stock market and benefit bigly)

- excerpt from my upcoming book "Things I've Learned From the Past 4 Strong-On-Economy-Republican-Driven Financial Crashes"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Don’t you already have a significant other?

I do, it was mostly friend vibes and I can't be friends with cops.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
House sitting my friends' cats while they went to Disneyland paid off with a dinner at Canard's Oregon City location since they live in that town.

The crab dip was good but the fried saltines were… salty.

Foie gras dumplings with blackberries & balsamic vinegar, along with shaved local black truffles. "There's a lot going on" said one friend.

Steamed hamburgers. Yes, it's influenced by that Simpsons sketch but writer Bill Oakley does live in Portland so you know they did this on purpose.

I also met up with friends that used to live here in Oregon before moving down to Los Angeles for work & were up for the week. We went to Magna Kunisa.

Tam-ina (bourbon, Cocchi, Campari, tamarind)

Tuhong (Filipino skewers) & sinagang (garlic fried rice). Front to back: Lengua ng baka ( beef tounge), Isaw ( pork intestine), Kabute (trumpet mushrooms), Duck Tocino, Albondigas (meatballs), Shishito Peppers

Steelhead Kinilaw (steelhead trout, mango-cava puree, peppers, scallions,radishes, coconut vinaigrette)

Sisig (crispy pork bits marinated in soy sauce and calamansi, topped with a fried egg and chilis)

Kaldereta (front, picanha steak, yukon potatoes, olives and pepper relish) and kale gulay (back)

Biko (coconut sticky rice topped with polvoron). We met with head chef Carlo Lamagna and after chatting with him he sent this over as a gift.

That place is dope. 🇵🇭

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 20, 2022

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Looks great but where are the cats?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Looks great but where are the cats?

Koji is affectionate & liked when I'd give him cat treats.

Biggie Small's… not so much. He'd stay hidden under the bed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I made spring rolls today

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:hellyeah:
We had to skip the lumpia as we already ate so much, but good spring rolls are :discourse:.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

:hellyeah:
We had to skip the lumpia as we already ate so much, but good spring rolls are :discourse:.

Being able to control the amount of each filling and the seasoning is a pretty good boon. Though I finished and only then realised I forgot the chinese cooking wine I was gonna chuck a dash of in but they still slap.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Big move tomorrow. I'll be officially sleeping from my new house going forward.

I'm also moving my cat and am really worried about how it'll go :ohdear:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My place was a AirBB right before it clicked that we owned it, my advice is get in as much dirty vacation sex in as you can

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Saw Super Hero in theaters.

So loving good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I hear tell they finally made Piccolo relevant since Z

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I hear tell they finally made Piccolo relevant since Z

It's so loving good

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

a neat cape posted:

So loving good.

Can confirm it's worth the watch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Can confirm it's worth the watch.

SPECIAL. BEAM. CANNON!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

People on the internet wrote it off before seeing one second of actual plot. I enjoyed the first one, especially because Tatiana Maslany is really good and I liked how they filled out the Smart Hulk backstory.

The CGI is rough but I've grown accustomed to that in the "do as much as you can as fast as you can" Disney+ era of marvel, which isn't forgiving it but I can't find myself getting my hackles raised anymore over what I've come to expect. It's very silly but it's a half hour comedy so its way more forgivable.

One major thing with the actual She Hulk character though

I wouldn’t claim to be a fan but had a handful of She Hulk comics when I was younger and to your last point: uh, yeah

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/idkmanwow/status/1560840340260675584?s=20&t=HT5AWa55cEFwtsq2JZt2Ag

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Firefighters actually do what cops claim to do: put their lives on the line

Kalli posted:

Action Park Lives

https://twitter.com/artcombatpod/status/1560750215946199041

Bunch of footage of it out there of people just getting wiped on it, it's good.

That slide has to be 10,000 degrees

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 20, 2022

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Going back to school bathroom talk...

https://twitter.com/GenZdemagogue/status/1560679574039449601?t=ChlxDgDzOCGWG1fZvzR_FA&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
decided to finish Supernatural since I never quite finished it (never watched the last two seasons) and hoo boy the actor who plays Jack is either extremely wooden or is excellent at playing a character who is extremely socially inept

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

What's his SA handle :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Realizing this is extremely subjective, who would be the coolest person in the world right now?

Listening to XM and an old Snoop Dogg song came on, and I think it’s amazing how he’s basically turned into an elder spokesman who’s still chill and laid back. I’m sure you could make arguments for others, but Snoop made Martha Stewart cool. That’s gotta be worth a lot.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

So loving good.

I watched a stream but I want to watch it on the big screen so bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If anyone hasn't watched The Rehearsal on HBO, I highly recommend. Very good show

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Realizing this is extremely subjective, who would be the coolest person in the world right now?

Listening to XM and an old Snoop Dogg song came on, and I think it’s amazing how he’s basically turned into an elder spokesman who’s still chill and laid back. I’m sure you could make arguments for others, but Snoop made Martha Stewart cool. That’s gotta be worth a lot.
He finished the main story and he's on to side quests and does it without publicly being an rear end in a top hat to anybody, hard to top that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crossposting this.

Glad I get to be the “Brad Paramedic,” and in true fashion, EMS gets to chill as a footnote in the public service culture wars :respek:

I hope I never get doxxed. My post history here would quickly make me unemployable in public service for dragging cops constantly.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

So loving good.

Just watched it. Really fun, enough where I was able to ignore the weirder parts of the CGI animation to focus on how Piccolo is the best dad in the universe.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

He finished the main story and he's on to side quests and does it without publicly being an rear end in a top hat to anybody, hard to top that.

I'm just amazed that he's immune to catching poo poo for literally, and I mean literally doing anything for a buck.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

I'm just amazed that he's immune to catching poo poo for literally, and I mean literally doing anything for a buck.

I mean shaq is in the same boat. Literally will be a spokesperson for anything and no one gives the slightest poo poo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Watching TMNT2 for the first time in idk how long and it still holds up, so good

Go ninja go ninja go

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

If anyone hasn't watched The Rehearsal on HBO, I highly recommend. Very good show

Truth

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TIL Finland’s PM is a 36yo woman and I’m just mourning for our stupid gerontocracy.

Ruled by folks who have no further stake in the future. Tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

TIL Finland’s PM is a 36yo woman and I’m just mourning for our stupid gerontocracy.

Ruled by folks who have no further stake in the future. Tragic.

They're trying to smear her for the obscene crime of being in your 30s and getting drunk and dancing with your friends.