Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

no loving way that was generated, that's an Electrochemistry outtake

edit: confused this one with the other account that does DE markov chains lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

dead gay comedy forums posted:

edit: confused this one with the other account that does DE markov chains lmao

link plz

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harry->Harrier

Only character growth I need.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Nash posted:

Holy poo poo please tell me this is a thing

In one of the post-tribunal conversations with Kim, you can get him to admit he's curious about trying amphetamines, and Kim will ask Harry sincerely how he feels amphetamines affects his performance, positively and negatively. It's implied Kim is in a lot of physical pain when he's exploring this thought, too.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/tommy_culkin/status/1560658385925980161?s=20&t=3SFmMPs7kGCYUmN63dF8Zw

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Getting the itching desire to do a second playthrough in hardcore mode with 1/2/5/4 and go full Half Light. How bad of a time will I have, do you think?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Getting the itching desire to do a second playthrough in hardcore mode with 1/2/5/4 and go full Half Light. How bad of a time will I have, do you think?

an extremely good time

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I've been thinking about a fourth playthrough, and build wise I have already decided I will be only having 1 in Motorics. The rest is still in the air.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Wolfsheim posted:

American cop concept playthrough

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I tried a 1 Motorics run and restarted immediately after I couldn't even notice the broken window. I looked it up and found out that at 0 Perception you can't even notice doors.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Psst, Kim... what are "doors"?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is: Infinite.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

At -1 perception, Harry loses all sense of object permanence, and Kim has to grudgingly play a game of peekaboo to get him up to speed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
“We still need to get the body out of the tree detective”

“First I’m hearing about any of this. What’s this about a tree?”

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

christmas boots posted:

“We still need to get the body out of the tree detective”

“First I’m hearing about any of this. What’s this about a tree?”

*sigh* "A tree is-"

"HOLY gently caress! WHERE IS THAT VOICE COMING FROM?!"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Are there any other weird things that happen when different skills drop to 0? Given how committed the game is to making you seem like a complete maniac if you max a skill out, I'd be disappointed if they didn't have a similar range of ways for you to make your detective nonfunctional.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Are there any other weird things that happen when different skills drop to 0? Given how committed the game is to making you seem like a complete maniac if you max a skill out, I'd be disappointed if they didn't have a similar range of ways for you to make your detective nonfunctional.

Yeah. I know this happens in the conversation you have with Volition about your skillset being compromised. When Volition calls out certain skills, if those skills are at zero, they will be silent. Volition will say something like, "Uhh, that's werid, I was expecting them to say something here. Anywho..." and move on.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

if volition drops to zero do you get a game over when harry refuses to get out of bed?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

if volition drops to zero do you get a game over when harry refuses to get out of bed?

Zero volition means you have zero morale which is a game over regardless.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

At zero volition Harry just lays down in the middle of the street with his mouth open and waits for the rain to drown him.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I don't think that's actually possible. There is no thought that reduces Volition.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Empty Sandwich posted:

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is: Infinite.

I, too, am a big fan of William Blake’s “The Marriage of Heaven and Hell!” :cheers:

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Party Boat posted:

I know all of the skill descriptions say something like this, but how does having high stats actually cash out in making you less able to relate to people? Even in games with modded 9/9/9/9 distributions and such, I haven't ever seen anything that could really be described as "negative" from high stats (except being unable to discover your true name from a failed conceptualization check, that is).

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I know all of the skill descriptions say something like this, but how does having high stats actually cash out in making you less able to relate to people? Even in games with modded 9/9/9/9 distributions and such, I haven't ever seen anything that could really be described as "negative" from high stats (except being unable to discover your true name from a failed conceptualization check, that is).

I believe high Encyclopedia will also prevent you from following your true calling as a boiadeiro.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/Sand_n_Sky/status/1560607273935810563

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

it's mostly noticeable with the stats that are already bad influences like electrochemistry, iirc pain tolerance starts egging you on to self-harm and suicide if it's exceptionally high

ludicrously high empathy just gets you a 'wow, you must be one empathetic cop' joke during the encounter with ruby

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah high half light will start freaking out and going "HE'S GOT A GUN" the second it can't see someone's hands. High drama will encourage you to lie to people even when there's no point to doing so.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The crossover I never knew I wanted.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Barnaby Barnacle posted:

I believe high Encyclopedia will also prevent you from following your true calling as a boiadeiro.

I can personally attest to this one not being true.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

chaosapiant posted:

I, too, am a big fan of William Blake’s “The Marriage of Heaven and Hell!” :cheers:

I'm pretty sure that's a Richard Simmons quote

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The merch shop is restocking this Friday.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

dmboogie posted:

it's mostly noticeable with the stats that are already bad influences like electrochemistry, iirc pain tolerance starts egging you on to self-harm and suicide if it's exceptionally high

ludicrously high empathy just gets you a 'wow, you must be one empathetic cop' joke during the encounter with ruby

High Empathy also gives you a super guilt trip if you consider pressuring Tommy to roll on Ruby. Doesn’t stop it but definitely makes you feel like a total piece of poo poo.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Someone asked what the game would be like if Pepsiman was in it... for some reason.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Smiling Knight posted:

High Empathy also gives you a super guilt trip if you consider pressuring Tommy to roll on Ruby. Doesn’t stop it but definitely makes you feel like a total piece of poo poo.

to be fair, that's not even being a 'bad influence'', it's just a harsh truth :v:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Empathy leads you to be a horrible person regarding Sylvie and Garte IIRC. If your Empathy is lower you never get the suggestions to be Doctor Love or whatever.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Tylana posted:

Empathy leads you to be a horrible person regarding Sylvie and Garte IIRC. If your Empathy is lower you never get the suggestions to be Doctor Love or whatever.

That's what you get when you don't have enough Empathy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought you needed high FYS for doctor love.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Smiling Knight posted:

Well, there is a less objectionable witness to intimidate, Empathy's pointing you in the right direction there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The nice old man who welcomed us to Revachol? Well I never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Doctor Love and thus The Love Quest needs Low Empathy.