Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Huh yeah that's possibly it, thanks. Sometimes it does work ok but I guess mainly for like landscapes and more abstract poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

mobby_6kl posted:

Jeez I'm just saying their classifier sucks, like really bad. Look at those false positives. Are you an investor or something?

Yeah and you're helping make it not-suck by doing the training and testing to make that possible. You're supposed to mark those false positives so it doesn't happen next time.
It sucks because it is currently being tested right now. By you.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I flagged it with see no evil hopefully it helps them.

the AI must think the violin is the sandwich's junk, this is a very hard concept for the primary AI to understand.

oh it's making more naughty sandwich on sandwich action.

I have 3 false positive flags with this prompt so far guess I'll find something else to make after getting this quad blur and... I think 3 and 4 might have people there might be something messed up here. Am I missing some innuendo about a sandwich playing a violin? I thought it'd be funny.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 18, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The NSFW filter they implemented is a total joke. I have stopped doing any of the cosmic horror stuff I was because even inanimate objects with certain styles set it off over half the time

I put in "Donald Trump not doing anything offensive at all" and it blurred 3/4 of them and made multiple people waste a chat prompt to lol at it

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone figured out what causes the algorithm to freak out and create multiple copies of the same object when it's not supposed to?

Try increasing the capital C value. It's explained on the discord's FAQ.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Grei Skuring posted:

Try increasing the capital C value. It's explained on the discord's FAQ.

The C parameter has nothing to do with resolution, which is the main issue with duplicate objects

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It's marking images with both Lindsey Graham and a lady bug as NWS but either alone is fine. I mentioned nothing about his butt and the images don't look like his butt is involved. I find this hilarious. They'll work the bugs out. I think I'm done testing this iteration though waiting for next news pling with new censor bot.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's a little aggressive right now for sure. Hope the reports help. I asked it for 'a blank canvas' a couple days ago and it flagged something in four pictures of mostly empty white space.

I suspect it thought the curve of the pages at the center of an open book was too sexy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

It's a little aggressive right now for sure. Hope the reports help. I asked it for 'a blank canvas' a couple days ago and it flagged something in four pictures of mostly empty white space.

I suspect it thought the curve of the pages at the center of an open book was too sexy.
It clearly has no idea what's going on, these are obviously close-up portraits that someone tried to do lol:

Anyway, the good news is that Henry Kissinger isn't considered NWS

!dream "henry kissinger frolicking in a meadow, fantasy art by greg loish rhads ferdinand knab tom bagshaw makoto shinkai and lois" -n 4

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I now have access to DALL-E 2.

The horror section of a basement video store in the mid-90s

Elmo from Sesame Street in the movie The Shawshank Redemption as Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding

David Bowie dressed as Ziggy Stardust standing on the surface of Mars polaroid photo

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing standing in a haunted house as a puppet in the style of Jim Henson's Muppets

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
One I made before the recent changes to Stable Diffusion:

"inside a dystopian Lovecraftian ratty Hobby Lobby where giant rats and giant anthropomorphic smiling rat families buy guns and ammo and grenades in the style of H.R. Giger"

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Mercury_Storm posted:

One I made before the recent changes to Stable Diffusion:

"inside a dystopian Lovecraftian ratty Hobby Lobby where giant rats and giant anthropomorphic smiling rat families buy guns and ammo and grenades in the style of H.R. Giger"

:captainpop:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

pixaal posted:

It's marking images with both Lindsey Graham and a lady bug as NWS but either alone is fine. I mentioned nothing about his butt and the images don't look like his butt is involved. I find this hilarious. They'll work the bugs out. I think I'm done testing this iteration though waiting for next news pling with new censor bot.

Wait does the classifier know about his ladybugs or am I thinking of some other pol

E How the gently caress is it possible what is going on in there

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 19, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Wait does the classifier know about his ladybugs or am I thinking of some other pol

E How the gently caress is it possible what is going on in there

the classifier is GPT3 so it's crawled everything ever linked to from reddit

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

"an oil painting of an old man lying on his deathbed. he is happy, somehow."

:) :) :) :smugmrgw:

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

ymgve posted:

The C parameter has nothing to do with resolution, which is the main issue with duplicate objects

I know it has nothing to do with resolution, as that quirk/relationship is also explained in the FAQ. My tip was more intended to help reduce the granularity or chaos of their generations (which I probably should have explained). It's also a variable a lot of users are overlooking, and I think it couldn't hurt trying.

E. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have quoted that particular part in my comment.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Summoning entire images from text is fun but this, THIS is what people should really be paying attention to. Goddamn.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
one of my buddies got dalle access and posted this, not sure the prompt but I love it

oh wait it's "tiny angry dog eats whole chicken, oil painting"

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Still trying to create the most horrifying dystopian TV food commercials, getting good results by including "smiling happy family" in them, I'll spoiler these in case someone is at work or has easily terrified children around or something:

TV commercial for edible paint chips starring a smiling giant rat family happily eating those paint chips:

McDonalds 2022 Youtube commercial for clearly rancid ground beef eaten out of a trough being actively consumed by a smiling happy family of rats:

Mcdonalds 2020 Superbowl commercial for literal glowing green slop being eaten by a smiling happy family of mutant pig human hybrids

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KakerMix posted:

Summoning entire images from text is fun but this, THIS is what people should really be paying attention to. Goddamn.

Artbreeder collage is similar, its currently in beta.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I assume this is the magic upscaler they keep hinting at? Can I combine this with a text prompt to guide? Okay I'm sure they are just teasing, let me rephrase that I'm excited for this as shown, and double excited if you can text prompt to guide the upscale.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

KakerMix posted:

I tried these like 1 and a half years ago. impressed how they got it to that point.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Digging the flying pig prompt.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Cars in films they never were via Stable Diffusion:

Ferrari F40 in a Studio Ghibli movie

McLaren F1 in Vanishing Point

Suzuki Jimny in Escape from New York

Pontiac Fiero in Blade Runner 2049

Volvo in The Thing

Different (apparently AWD) McLaren F1 in Smokey and the Bandit

Testarossa in Robocop

AW11 MR2 in Cannonball Run

The Last Alpine Interceptor in Mad Max

Hemi Cuda in Blade Runner

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 20, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

KakerMix posted:

Cars in films they never were:

Ferrari F40 in a Studio Ghibli movie

McLaren F1 in Vanishing Point

Suzuki Jimny in Escape from New York

Pontiac Fiero in Blade Runner 2049

Volvo in The Thing

Different (apparently AWD) McLaren F1 in Smokey and the Bandit

Testarossa in Robocop

AW11 MR2 in Cannonball Run

The Last Alpine Interceptor in Mad Max

Hemi Cuda in Blade Runner

Is this Stable Diffusion?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rinkles posted:

Is this Stable Diffusion?

Yeah sorry, it's Stable Diffusion.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

AARD VARKMAN posted:

one of my buddies got dalle access and posted this, not sure the prompt but I love it

oh wait it's "tiny angry dog eats whole chicken, oil painting"

That's a fun prompt. Here it is in midjourney

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think my dog was too angry, and too hungry.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Got worried for a moment when I couldnt use the SD discord but we're onto the website phase now it looks like. Thought this was funny, the background for this generation seems oddly familiar...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

Got worried for a moment when I couldnt use the SD discord but we're onto the website phase now it looks like. Thought this was funny, the background for this generation seems oddly familiar...

How did you get on the website beta? I signed up but nothing is happening :(

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Signed in through Discord where I had beta access already but on the website. If you didn't have access before I have no idea how it works currently. If you did, using your discord credentials should work I think.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

Signed in through Discord where I had beta access already but on the website. If you didn't have access before I have no idea how it works currently. If you did, using your discord credentials should work I think.
Ahh ok I see it's an entirely different website that's not linked or mentioned on stability.ai of coure:

https://beta.dreamstudio.ai/

Thankfully it's much more pleasant to use without the bots or other assholes getting in the way constantly. No way to steal prompts though, either :v: I also don't see a way to make more than one image at a time, which is pretty annoying.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

mobby_6kl posted:

Ahh ok I see it's an entirely different website that's not linked or mentioned on stability.ai of coure:

Thankfully it's much more pleasant to use without the bots or other assholes getting in the way constantly. No way to steal prompts though, either :v: I also don't see a way to make more than one image at a time, which is pretty annoying.

Number of images is in the settings along with all the other stuff, and it can do 9 again! But it's pretty expensive. Also you can disable the NSFW filter which I strongly recommend because it is super overkill and constantly hits images that aren't NSFW

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat yeah it's there, I'm going blind.

Another improvement I see is that it generates separate images again so you don't have to re-run the prompt to get the full sized one. Nice.

I tried to make the ginger ale bear from that comic. It's really amazing what you can get with the right prompt subject and styles.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"What would God look like to a human?"

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Wow, I can't believe how fast it is dall-e mini and disco diffusion.

£10 for 1000 "generations" which seems to be about 35 images at max size/steps.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Not sure how pricing works. I seem to have an active membership with no payment details counting down a credit of some kind? Looks like I have 180 some credits left so maybe started with 200. Unlimited was too good to last, and compute costs money but it's too bad, the cost makes it harder to justify messing around testing.

They are still talking like running local will be an option eventually. Can't do much but wait and see.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sedgr posted:

Not sure how pricing works. I seem to have an active membership with no payment details counting down a credit of some kind? Looks like I have 180 some credits left so maybe started with 200. Unlimited was too good to last, and compute costs money but it's too bad, the cost makes it harder to justify messing around testing.

They are still talking like running local will be an option eventually. Can't do much but wait and see.

Here's the announcement:

quote:

Dear <@&1004866014133100674>s

We are delighted to move to phase II of the beta, the DreamStudio website. https://beta.dreamstudio.ai

You can sign in with your discord or google accounts or create a new account.

This will be a new tool for artists building on our work pushing the boundaries of creativity and awaken humanity's potential.

We are starting it simple as a reflection of the bot and will be rapidly adding back features including local GPU usage, animation, variations, inpainting and many more as we move from lite to full fat… Lots and lots to come.

The model we have deployed is simple, it is 1p for 1 credit which is 1 image at 512 x 512, 50 steps klms. Expect this to fall as we optimise this continuously.

Below is a handy chart of how that usage scales. Everyone is started with 200 credits for free.

This is also the front end for the API that you can plug into your own apps and systems. This will go live with examples and self service very soon upon full launch. We are already testing with dozens of companies and look forward to making this available to all.

Please note that storage is local in the browser, download your favourite generations. Dynamic storage and other elements will be added soon.

We will have an artist grant program on proper release.

Below are some videos showing usage, think about how you would chain these together..

On the model we are in the final stages of getting feedback on the license and filter and hope to release (very very) soon.

I would like to thank <@793587091161219092> and the product team for all their hard work and apologise for making them roll back all the cool features so we can make sure the core works before we ramp again. Exciting times.

I like that they plan to lower the cost as they continue to optimize. Also good to hear that they're planning to release the local version soon. I really hope they make the installation easy, someone in this thread described what a pain it was to get dall-e mini running locally and I don't want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm burning through credits pretty quickly, sometimes you need to generate like a dozen images to get the right composition so I'd be out in no time.