Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Hah in that same Twitter thread, Lord BBH mentions that content for another game "The Warlocks of the Fates" was also posted--and yowza!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the 80085 mega shock!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hah in that same Twitter thread, Lord BBH mentions that content for another game "The Warlocks of the Fates" was also posted--and yowza!

lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I can't believe Dragon's Crown was plagiarism all this time

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Literally bigger than her head

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

was this a game where the playable characters were all cursed according to which of the seven deadly sins they had the highest affinity with or something

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jazerus posted:

was this a game where the playable characters were all cursed according to which of the seven deadly sins they had the highest affinity with or something

yeah, but she was sloth

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You’d be moving slow with all that back pain too

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Thanks to the comments on that Breakers video I just watched the long lost Shrek animation test and it's terrifying.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Thanks to the comments on that Breakers video I just watched the long lost Shrek animation test and it's terrifying.

It's definitely unnerving and the ominous lighting (I assume to better demonstrate the tech) doesn't help it any.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The hilarious thing about this character is that, going by other gameplay footage of Warlocks of the Fates, she has her back to the player 90 percent of the time.

https://youtu.be/J8FQyhTM8Vo

Warlocks is such an odd-looking game that it's hard to tell where the deliberate design choices end and the mistakes begin. The official artwork is really amateurish, for example.

https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Warlocks_of_the_Fates

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I can't believe Dragon's Crown was plagiarism all this time

lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kid Fenris posted:

Warlocks is such an odd-looking game that it's hard to tell where the deliberate design choices end and the mistakes begin. The official artwork is really amateurish, for example.

https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Warlocks_of_the_Fates

I like the guy who looks like a cross between Younger Toguro, Sagat and Sigma

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is indistinguishable from a Classics of Game video apart from length.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/1575923435552706561

Adjacent, I'd say.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wait was that something people knew about, because I've never even heard of a kingdom hearts show :eyepop:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Finally the one thing to make all the games make sense

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

“It’s quite simple really, but if you want to know the full story there’s this 100 episode OVA…”

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Consummate Professional posted:

26 minutes of blank video and no sound

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Disney sniper team currently moving into position.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope that actually gets out. I certainly wouldn’t be leaking it if I was that person.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope that actually gets out. I certainly wouldn’t be leaking it if I was that person.

I'd just upload it in as many places as possible unannounced, and then change my name and make sure I was somewhere well away from California or Florida.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd just upload it in as many places as possible unannounced, and then change my name and make sure I was somewhere well away from California or Florida.

Don't even need to change your name, just upload the video under a dummy account and say that it was found in a box of VHS tapes from a garage sale. Hell, I would do that anyways just to watch the internet melt down over whether or not it was a hoax.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Good soup! posted:

Wait was that something people knew about, because I've never even heard of a kingdom hearts show :eyepop:

Yeah, its existence been known since before KH2 I think, due to a gamespy article about how it had existed and been canceled and no shred of it would ever see the light of day.

Chev fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 3, 2022

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Kingdom Hearts: KH DVD V.6 MOV ALT could be a title in the series lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They called the VHS of the Kingdom Hearts pilot KH DVD

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

How much data could a VHS data backup hold?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Randalor posted:

Usually around a gigabyte, I think. Easily doable for a 20-30 minute video, especially if it's only 480 or 720.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Randalor posted:

There were a few solutions for this back in the 90s with varying degrees of success. By 1998, you could cram up to 4gb onto a standard VHS tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUS0Zv2APjU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Ablative posted:

Usually around a gigabyte, I think. Easily doable for a 20-30 minute video, especially if it's only 480 or 720.

There was a system that used VHS tapes in VCRs as tape backup devices and claimed 4GB, but no clue how reliable that was.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

DVD… Door vo Darkness?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iyg6gQZFhc

Premiering in just a couple minutes

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

The art is so much not what I'd expect of anything Disney-involved. I can see why they'd want to keep this from ever seeing the light of day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think presumably if it had entered full production, the character designs would have become more finalized.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I think presumably if it had entered full production, the character designs would have become more finalized.

There's not finalized and then there's that.

Animatics by their nature are rough. That's the point, after all. But they still have to present the idea of what things will look like. That's so weird and amateurish that I'm wondering if this is a hoax.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
No, most animatics really look like the most heinous poo poo ever. Some are literally photos of post-its strewn about. The whole point is, at little to no cost, to figure out what to draw before you have to draw it.

Obviously that's not what they show in making of features, to prevent exactly the kind of reaction you're having.

More to the point, it's easy to tell it's legit because it matches the storyboards already leaked.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/The-Kingdom-Hearts-Animated-Series-That-Never-Was-3564

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 12, 2022

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The weirdest part is that they seem to have coloured it in with a pack of skinny Crayola markers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also this is very likely not exactly how a typical episode would have gone down or be laid out, it has very much the feel of a 10 minute vertical slice of sorts to just sell the concept.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i dont think its amateurish by animatic standards but it does look extremely "eight crazy nights" by virtue of, well, being that dudes work & i find that very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I implore you all to remember just how bad early 00s animation was on the Disney Channel. This fits right in