Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Kitfox88 posted:

ACAB and I'm so loving sorry. How is the kiddo holding up? :(

She was clearly upset the first night and had to sleep on one of our chests in the recliner. Could not put her down or she’d wake up upset.

Two days later, it was like it never happened. Definitely made for a horrible week though.

When we start her at a new daycare in the future, we’ll probably start taking before and after picture when we get her dressed in the morning and in pajamas in the evening. loving horrible that is apparently how things have to be but I don’t want to go through this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm glad it's not lingering for her at least, christ. I can't imagine what it's like for you two, good luck.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

that’s absolutely awful :( sounds like you’ve handled this extremely well I’m not sure I could have that restraint you did and gently caress the police, sounds like your kid is doing ok coming off of this and you’re a great parent. people loving suck and it’s unfortunately not a just world

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

can't stop applying a critical class based analysis to Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

You put red marks on my kid and I'm not sure I'm not a reasonable enough person to not burn down your building. With you in it.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

bitmap posted:

can't stop applying a critical class based analysis to Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom

Love how the king has a magic chest that generates infinite coins that elves trade him actual grown produce for. Then later he went out to try to get a job and turned out to be useless at everything. I hope this makes some kids have some thoughts about it.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

AgentF posted:

Love how the king has a magic chest that generates infinite coins that elves trade him actual grown produce for. Then later he went out to try to get a job and turned out to be useless at everything. I hope this makes some kids have some thoughts about it.

oh members of the class who live in castles used their exorbitant wealthmagic irresponsibly again and something awful has befallen the kingdom? don't worry, "elves" will fix it. they "love" "working".

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Saltpowered posted:

So darker story from most of the rest of the thread that we’re going through right now…

We moved to a new state this week and our 10
month old started a new daycare. She only attended the school for 1 day before we withdrew her because she came home with marks on her torso that were clearly from someone’s hand. I have pictures of her from before going to school without the marks, and clear pictures of red marks from after school. Attempting to do the right thing, we reported the school to the state.

And it’s been a complete shitstorm ever since. The school of course denies it was them. DHS and CPS got involved and their investigators determined it was most likely the school but didn’t have video footage to confirm.

Of course those shining champions of justice, the local police, are certain it was us based on their expertise in wounds and bruising… and misstating all the evidence of course. Their report reads like a bizarre game of telephone of the facts and report. Somehow they see completely different injuries and colors of injuries in the pictures than anyone else. Their timeline of the day doesn’t match any video or photograph evidence. Oh, and their “investigation” was complete in less than a day.

Their report literally reads like they said, “oh a report of child abuse? it’s the parents. case closed. make the evidence fit.” Which is probably pretty accurate to what happened.

So they referred it back to DHS/CPS saying it was us. I’ve been in a hospital to get my daughter examined by a “child abuse expert” because that’s apparently a thing (it isn’t, the expert was whatever doctor was available at the specific hospital). I have to deal with numerous government agencies and now have to tell the cops to regularly gently caress off.

The only bright spot of the whole encounter was laughing at how terrible the police report was with the DHS caseworker assigned to our case.

No clue what the gently caress is happening next but I know I’ll probably personally never report anything child related again unless I have ironclad proof. And of course, gently caress the police. Instead of just being incompetent, they were actively harmful and made an awful situation for my family truly traumatic.

Deffo makes sense if I was abusing my kid to get the authorities involved of my own volition. Jesus H. Christ.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Countdown to preschool:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Kid walks up while I'm doing twosies, looks at the toilet and says "Daddy's poop" and then scampers off

Lmao

E: she also left me a care package

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Aug 21, 2022

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Open door dookin :george:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Saltpowered posted:

loving horrible that is apparently how things have to be but I don’t want to go through this again.

real sorry. it sucks that this is real poo poo you all have to deal with.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Chad Sexington posted:

Deffo makes sense if I was abusing my kid to get the authorities involved of my own volition. Jesus H. Christ.

Clearly the cop thought I was engaging in some 4D chess.

As an update, I haven’t heard a thing since last week when CPS laughed at the cops report and dropped everything. Of course that means the daycare isn’t actually going to get investigated so I’m sure it will happen to another kid.

Another excellent police success story.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
so uh

anyone else losing their loving minds about Monkeypox?

I don't want to start K with one kiddo and daycare for the 1.5 year old during this but not doing those things is going to cause immense problems for us and our kids

my PCP sends his kid to the same school we will be; I CC'd him on a message about all this to my family. As of a week ago he'd told me he wouldn't be thinking of yanking kids; I told him to please let me know if his thinking on that changes. He's a reasonable guy, I haven't seen him unmasked since 2019 and these days he rocks auras.

Organic Lube User posted:

You put red marks on my kid and I'm not sure I'm not a reasonable enough person to not burn down your building. With you in it.

having kids has definitely caused me to rethink my hard pacifism on some occaisions

and also made me conclude I want to avoid any and all involvement between my kids and the state, excluding public school which is good for now and also we can't afford private school here.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Saltpowered posted:

As an update, I haven’t heard a thing since last week when CPS laughed at the cops report and dropped everything. Of course that means the daycare isn’t actually going to get investigated so I’m sure it will happen to another kid.

we went through a handful of daycares for various reasons, and we've immediately dropped in two instances:

* watched a worker shake a 4 year old while keeping another 4 year old pinned against the wall with her leg

* after the second kid got out and wandered into downtown traffic for awhile

it sucks :(

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Cabbages and Kings posted:

so uh

anyone else losing their loving minds about Monkeypox?.

yes. first day of school and after school care. all of us are in such optimal situations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
We're doing the paperwork to register ours for pre-school this year, so, yeah

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

so uh

anyone else losing their loving minds about Monkeypox?

I don't want to start K with one kiddo and daycare for the 1.5 year old during this but not doing those things is going to cause immense problems for us and our kids

Yeah. Our oldest starts preschool again next month and he needs to be with kids and socializing. A year ago when we went to the park he would hide from other kids. Today when he saw some kids at the park he looked at me and said, "Dad, I have to play with those friends." I can't isolate him. I'm trying to teach him how to stay safe.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

"Dad, I have to play with those friends."

yeah if nothing else the pandemic made it absolutely clear this is a need.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

having a sick kid SUCKS!!!!!!!

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

AxGrap posted:

Countdown to preschool:

I wish Saturdays and Sundays were really that much bigger

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Saltpowered posted:

Go to the local media. If they run with it it may shame the PD into giving a poo poo. Unsafe daycares are catnip to TV reporters but they usually can't get documents because they're sealed.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
preschool day 1 for the unmaskable 1.5 year old

Insh'allah

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thoughts and prayers, hope your kid stays safe and covid/pox-free. I'm still trying to see about monkeypox vaccines for my family. Seriously considering claiming that I'm in an open relationship and have lots of gay sex that my partner is involved in so we can all get it, if we can't find a way to get it in Canada or something

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Thoughts and prayers, hope your kid stays safe and covid/pox-free. I'm still trying to see about monkeypox vaccines for my family. Seriously considering claiming that I'm in an open relationship and have lots of gay sex that my partner is involved in so we can all get it, if we can't find a way to get it in Canada or something

I've identified as some kind of queer since I was 15 and pre covid I would have happily made out with dudes that seemed into me when out at shows or whatever, and even though this hasn't been a thing in a while, my wife knew the deal when she met me and none of that is a problem

COVID put a nix on the idea of making out or more with random guys, and, queer or not there's no fuckin vaxx's to be had here and also my 1.5 year old is like 10000X at risk as I am, so...

gently caress everything, demon cracker nation

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I've identified as some kind of queer since I was 15 and pre covid I would have happily made out with dudes that seemed into me when out at shows or whatever, and even though this hasn't been a thing in a while, my wife knew the deal when she met me and none of that is a problem

COVID put a nix on the idea of making out or more with random guys, and, queer or not there's no fuckin vaxx's to be had here and also my 1.5 year old is like 10000X at risk as I am, so...
Yeah for sure, I hear that. Where I'm at they've got an extremely limited supply and they're only giving it out to "high risk" folks, and one of the criteria is "Multiple or anonymous sex partners in the last 3 months." Though looking at it right now they recently added "Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islanders, Asian, Indigenous, or American Indian/Alaska Native" so we can probably just say that.

quote:

gently caress everything, demon cracker nation
:haibrow:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im just looking forward to having a reason to post "i am gay" on a government form

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Should just need to show them our posting histories.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Ugh my 1st grader is getting mask fatigue from all her classmates asking why she's wearing a mask when "it's safe now". Also she's sweating a hole through the middle of her mask every day so I don't know if it's even doing anything. I was going to try to get her to wear a Flo Mask but at this point she's too self conscious to wear a "weird" mask.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

wife has been in the hospital for the past 5 days with an infected lung and bronchitis causing hypoxia. kid starts grade 1 on Tuesday, kid upset mom isn’t home, mom upset she isn’t home, hospital is crazy masks required but so many stupid people arguing non stop. work all over me, no idea when she’ll be released.

it never ends does it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hope your wife pulls through, that sounds very scary

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Uh, elissimpark jnr, is there something you'd like to talk about?

I was a bit concerned because she had said earlier she wished she was an only child so she could get more one-on-one time with us, rather than competing with the other two goblins but fortunately it was in reference to a documentary about flamingos we watched where maribou storks were eating baby flamingos.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Lmao jesus

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:stonklol:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

I was a bit concerned because she had said earlier she wished she was an only child so she could get more one-on-one time with us, rather than competing with the other two goblins but fortunately it was in reference to a documentary about flamingos we watched where maribou storks were eating baby flamingos.

Lol love how you can see her workshopping it in orange

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

My younger brother once got mad at my mom and he drew a similar, but way more graphic, picture of her death and gave it to her. My mom hung it up where she worked and it freaked everyone out. I think this is just a thing kids do

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Greg Legg posted:

My younger brother once got mad at my mom and he drew a similar, but way more graphic, picture of her death and gave it to her. My mom hung it up where she worked and it freaked everyone out. I think this is just a thing kids do

lol

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I'll just point out that I'm not actually concerned, it was just a weird thing with no context.

Greg Legg posted:

Oh yeah, I've got a doodle somewhere that an old workmate's kid drew for me that says "I hope you die" or something similar. Absolutely nothing malicious, she wasn't mad or anything, but my workmate was mortified.

Elissimpark has issued a correction as of 17:32 on Sep 4, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

one of my friends told me that when her kids get super pissed and start saying "i hate you!" to her she jsut says "i already knew that" and "that doesn't bother me", which really takes the wind out of their sails. must remember this fo when my kid is older and starts acting like a demonic goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
When my oldest was 9, she wrote a very detailed letter about how she wasn’t sorry for something she had done, how much she hated us and would be happy if we were gone. She put it under our door at night so we found it first thing in the morning.

Neither us nor her remember what she was mad about at the time.

Kids can have done hilariously extreme reactions sometimes.