Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

theironjef posted:

I figured "Eh it's fine that people don't remember comedy juggernauts the Smothers Brothers, they're long dead" but apparently nope, they're both still kicking around.

:aaaaa:

That was the first place my brain went, but I figured they were gone decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/artcombatpod/status/1560750215946199041

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ZacMcCrary/status/1560673266821627904

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Captain Hygiene posted:

:aaaaa:

That was the first place my brain went, but I figured they were gone decades ago.

They were big in the 60s. Their show got canceled for being too anti-Vietnam. Is the name making people think they were contemporaries of the Marx Brothers or something?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i see the goon building child killing machines has found a new job

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lady Disdain posted:

I read it as "Ireland, Nebraska," and didn't think twice about it.

I literally went to wikipedia to look up ireland, nebraska lmao

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

This was in another thread or something. The slide has been around for years and its known to get wild after a lot of use in a day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I can't believe this showed up in a respectable publication.

https://knowyourmeme.com/editorials/collections/10-of-the-most-iconic-locations-were-memes-were-made

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fat Dan posted:

This was in another thread or something. The slide has been around for years and its known to get wild after a lot of use in a day.

Yeah, that's where my mom grew up. Even the bent handrail is one that's been unfixed since the 70s or 80s. This is just what happens when the slide is freshly waxed and unused.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/OddKSM/status/1560985463543963648

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AKA Pseudonym posted:

They were big in the 60s. Their show got canceled for being too anti-Vietnam. Is the name making people think they were contemporaries of the Marx Brothers or something?

I think it's because the 60s were 60 years ago and most entertainers who had a successful show in the 60s are dead.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So that's where the all the NaziFurrs went.
:smugissar:you have your orders comrades.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The 60s were a long time ago.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Yes, but there plenty of famous people from the 60s who are still alive, some are even still working. I definitely don't think of it as "assume they're dead" vintage. It certainly not "assume they've been dead for decades" vintage.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I didn't put any deep thought into it. I thought they were from the 50s, and guesstimated they'd be pushing 100 if they were around now but figured as celebrities they probably didn't have the longest lives. All just general assumptions since I hadn't even heard their name referenced in forever.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

…and?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

They didn't even write the headline as "Hope-less drunk driving with children, drive Solo" the shame is theirs

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1561667759326613505?s=21&t=v5MxCe6tKrRB10CDp9rf1A

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Displaying the heart of an emperor to celebrate independence is kinda METAL.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s a sex doll butt if you click this link (:nws:)

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6052167/tourists-spot-dead-body-luxury-sex-doll/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Yes, but there plenty of famous people from the 60s who are still alive, some are even still working. I definitely don't think of it as "assume they're dead" vintage. It certainly not "assume they've been dead for decades" vintage.

Can confirm. I am from the early 60s and currently not dead.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

This wasn't a ".02 over the limit" situation either. IIRC she was found passed out behind the wheel in a parking lot

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

By popular demand posted:

Displaying the heart of an emperor to celebrate independence is kinda METAL.

While this is true, keep in mind that the independence was not from the emperor, he was the one who declared the independence.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do opinion pieces count?

> Cleaning-crazy neighbour watches and stalks every movement. In particular keeps track of how many hapless cats I carry from the Winter cold into my warm home. Comes around to sniff through the mail slot, but I've smeared cat s*** around the mail slot opening. TAKE THAT, SICK BUSYBODY

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

theironjef posted:

I figured "Eh it's fine that people don't remember comedy juggernauts the Smothers Brothers, they're long dead" but apparently nope, they're both still kicking around.

Still going around in Laredo one day, I guess.

It's a shame that Brazilian independence didn't come about due to the removal of said heart.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tunicate posted:

you mean star wars

Star Wars is a western.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
£500 is like mid tier at best.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

poo poo I wasn't expecting sex toy shaming in this thread.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Splicer posted:

Depends if it's £500 after being dumped in the ocean headless

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Do opinion pieces count?

> Cleaning-crazy neighbour watches and stalks every movement. In particular keeps track of how many hapless cats I carry from the Winter cold into my warm home. Comes around to sniff through the mail slot, but I've smeared cat s*** around the mail slot opening. TAKE THAT, SICK BUSYBODY

Wait, does this person randomly kidnap cats? Or is it a local thing that cats in winter will freeze to death if outside?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Depends if it's £500 after being dumped in the ocean headless
Yeah you're right it's probably gone up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Wait, does this person randomly kidnap cats? Or is it a local thing that cats in winter will freeze to death if outside?

How the heck do I know?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

trapped mouse posted:

While this is true, keep in mind that the independence was not from the emperor, he was the one who declared the independence.

If his request maybe more metal

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Deady?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Rhymes with "ready." It's an exceptionally lazy headline The Sun.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I like how the cops are keeping it for themselves. Like anybody is gonna come claim it…

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Splicer posted:

If I wanted a 500 pound sex object that smells like the ocean I would visit you're mother

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Evilreaver posted:

If I wanted a 500 pound sex object that smells like the ocean I would visit you're mother

Turning your monitor off would be quicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Evilreaver posted:

I don't live with my parents