Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Vic posted:

We don't eat dogs and cats because carnivores eat a lot of meat to produce little meat. All the animals we normally eat are cute as gently caress.

and pigs at least are pretty dang smart, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Leroy Dennui posted:

Man, I didn't get a slice of cake from work like that when I turned 30 :(

That's a drawing of his mom in the corner of the note.

McGavin posted:

So is the "Happy Birthday" in English, or what?

Yes

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

hyphz posted:

Big spoiler.

Please keep this thread absolutely spoiler-free. We had made it this far without anyone (iirc) mentioning spoilers, and I'd like it to go back to that way.
I know what was said already was mostly pretty vague, but it too easily leads to things that actually spoils things for people.
It was very difficult for me not to say anything at the split or many other times during the story when I knew what was coming up, but I want every twist and turn (or lack of) to be a surprise for people.
I have to live with the burden of spoilers; if you look ahead, you have to live with that burden too.
No spoilers in the thread, please.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
drat I can't believe NEET is about to found Aum Shinrikyo

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

:same:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Not looking forward to Oda offering Neet some of his smoked housecat venison.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Missed a word here, "going with the flow"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'd 100% eat a cat or dog if they tasted good

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I’ve seen claims that dog can actually be really good.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I have eaten dog a few times. It is not good.
At least to me. Has a weird after-taste imo.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I mean anything is meat if you try hard enough

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

This time it really was in Spanish [well, technically, Italian]! (I think...)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
What's going on?? Why is he singing?? Is he singing well or is he poo poo???

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Kin Sake posted:

And the genre of NEET folk singing is created.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Plant MONSTER. posted:

What's going on?? Why is he singing?? Is he singing well or is he poo poo???
He's finally completing the karaoke sidequest in the Whirling-In-Rags.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I remember Princess singing well. Please oh please Princess may you cross paths with Tohru

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kin Sake posted:

The daily life of a certain philosopher

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Kin Sake posted:

Some earnest thoughts about neet life.

I've spent a great deal of my 20's underemployed, sometimes going months at a time without any work at all. If you aren't sitting at home all day gaming and posting, the freedom really is incredible. The problem really is just that not everyone has it - I found myself feeling a deep loneliness a lot of the time, as most of my friends were stuck in the same wage slavery that rules nearly everyone. Freedom from work doesn't mean as much if no one else gets to enjoy it with you. You also wind up a bit alienated from working people, since you can't relate to the grind of working life from personal experience.

Public spaces become really eerie as well. The deserted public spaces, what few of them are made for actual social enjoyment and not just extracting profit from people, are uncomfortably quiet and empty a lot of the time. Where is everyone? At work, their lives being ground away into nothing. But what is happening to your life, you the one lucky enough not to be doing that? Well the tendency is to just kind of float, feeling a strange malaise as you struggle to direct your own time and have no one to enjoy wasting it with.

I guess my grand insight is, everybody should work way less. Life should be easier. Deep poo poo I know.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

During my moments of unemployment I felt nothing but unbridled joy because every single day meant I could just create.

I'd end up smoking weed all day and drawing, painting, building floral crafts, composing and practicing music. God I miss it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Not working is amazing, and I get reminded of how awesome it is because I'm in a group text chat with two of my friends that work at the same company so I see all their complaints about Teams meetings and deadlines and poo poo. And while they're discussing why the gently caress so and so didn't show up to this meeting, I'll insert Wednesday frog memes or a pic of my lunch

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Kin Sake posted:

NEET has come to peace with the universe and will spend his days traveling the countryside of Japan, singing his wisdom to the common people.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

*winks at the camera, racistly*

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

this was lol btw

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

Not entirely satisfied with the translation on this one. One of the things that makes translating the Millionaire Timeline more difficult than the Criminal Timeline is that I don't have the benefit of additional comics to provide me with with context or clues when I hit something I don't understand. NEET's inner monologue here in Japanese is especially confusing (or maybe I'm just not getting it).

In Japanese hes says, 「しまった、そうか… 聞き間違えました億なわけないです、って言うだけで良かったのか…」

In English, that's something like, "Whoops, I see... I misheard, there's no way it's a hundred million, would it have been okay just to say that...?"

So while it may not be 100% accurate, I think the sentiment NEET's expressing is at least correct.

If the next page makes things a little more clear I'll go back and fix it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oda just fuckin asking for NEET to hand it over lmao

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol straight to robbery

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

During my moments of unemployment I felt nothing but unbridled joy because every single day meant I could just create.

I'd end up smoking weed all day and drawing, painting, building floral crafts, composing and practicing music. God I miss it.

The problem is we are looking at a very uncreative person.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
NEET just wants to bang on the drum all day

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Plant MONSTER. posted:

That's the dream.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

I am crumpling in anticipation of what the ??? will be.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 77

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

End of Page 3

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?