Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need like 200 more Greater Honor Leap Stones and I can finally be item level 1415.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Just got my main to 5x3 last night. 1475 and with a full relic set, so i'm ready for Kakul-Saydon, though I could stand to overgear a bit to not get immediately destroyed by clown.

Now begins the process of trying to drag all my alts up to 1415/1430. Even with the honing boosts, it's still a lot of gold/mats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally 1415 on my Gunslinger. Now to just find a bus.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Anyone who can afford it should probably prep for the tripod change. It saves an insane amount of gold longterm and it's the cheapest way to make your 1415+ characters very powerful after the patch. Although it costs a lot of pheons.

If/when they announce tripod change the blue crystal price is going to spike up even more.

Jossar posted:

Now begins the process of trying to drag all my alts up to 1415/1430. Even with the honing boosts, it's still a lot of gold/mats.
It's kinda slow/expensive at first but the weekly income snowballs so hard that it's easy to afford for the last few. Especially if you already have the bound leapstones & shards from chilling at 1370 for an eternity.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 21, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I have 7 pheons.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

S.J. posted:

I have 7 pheons.

Wow that’s some pheons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Power passes are coming back on the 24th with a 25% discount.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/under-the-arkesian-sun-release-notes

Shiba pets!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shiba pet! :swoon: I really want some love to my dog though, a Japanese Spitz. :(

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Those bike mounts are gonna be pricey as heck.

Edit: if I’m Pepega and want to buy a bus pass for entry level raids, are they a full afk carry or will I be expected to learn some mechanics?

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 29, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

afkmacro posted:

Those bike mounts are gonna be pricey as heck.

Edit: if I’m Pepega and want to buy a bus pass for entry level raids, are they a full afk carry or will I be expected to learn some mechanics?

Pretty sure all buses are full afk carry. You don't have to do anything.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Even more than that, on many fights you are expected to die because if you're alive you can screw up the fight and wipe them.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
For Argos some groups ask you to die so you don't get aggro or mess up a mech. Just don't truly afk, since you still need to move between the gates, and sometimes you get a bad mech. Hopefully you have a second monitor to keep yourself busy.

The hardest part might be paying the drivers. If you don't have aura, let them know early on since some will ask you to mail them if you're same server.

Otherwise you'll have to find a accessory or t2 gem on the auction house (right click, info, search). To make it easy, go to filter to change the default class (yours) to the posted one, search for skill and sort by time and it should pop up easily.

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 30, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/x177lt/confirmation_scouter_will_not_be_releasing_with/

e: unsure if they are fixing the trick where you can use a powerpass on an alt(before they select their class) in trixion and then save that to select a future class. It worked for the free powerpasses but I can't find confirmation either way if they plan to fix it now that you can buy them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 30, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/release-notes-sept

Some decent QOL but no major game changes. Hoping they give people some advance warning on the tripod system change and the balance patch.

Pixotic
Jan 14, 2008

He could be in this very room!
He could be
you!
He could be
me!
He could even b:commissar:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/x177lt/confirmation_scouter_will_not_be_releasing_with/

e: unsure if they are fixing the trick where you can use a powerpass on an alt(before they select their class) in trixion and then save that to select a future class. It worked for the free powerpasses but I can't find confirmation either way if they plan to fix it now that you can buy them.

Roxx has confirmed that this is intended and still possible.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I'm looking at picking this up after not having played an MMO for a few years. Is the game still F2P friendly, and would I be short-changing my experience by playing a Bard? I usually play more sneaky/assassin classes but wanted to give support a go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lost Ark is very free to play friendly. Not sure about the Bard class, someone else will have to answer that. Right now is a great time to come into the game, its gotten tons of new content since release, it takes around 40 - 50 hours to get to level cap, and the end game grind is just unlimited. It goes on forever, and there is always stuff to do. This is an overwhelmingly massive MMORPG that is very accessible in that it doesn't require hours of your time to play each day.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Awesome, thanks! I'm waiting on the Discord bot to approve me so I can get started with picking a server and whatnot

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

You get two level 50 power passes just for completing most of the leveling story so I'd start with a DPS class (anyone but bard or paladin and maybe gunlancer) and use a boost on a bard later. It's up to you though, bards can do everything fine with the right skill choices. You'll be stuck with one class through the story which can take quite a long while, mainly depending on if you do optional side quests and watch cutscenes. After that you'll get the power passes and other leveling boost options and can test to see what you like while in tier 1 before investing a lot of time, events, and materials in a main.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FreshFeesh posted:

Awesome, thanks! I'm waiting on the Discord bot to approve me so I can get started with picking a server and whatnot
I'd start with bard if you're interested.

Bard has two downsides: can't solo optional, one-time solo content like Thronespire on ilvl unless you have a dps set (but you can go do it when you outgear it and get the still-relevant rewards), can't do certain carries that are done by 1-2 dps. However, bard has a lot of advantages: cheap to gear, easier to stay caught up with content & gearing requirements on, and always in demand for group content. Bard & paladin soloing solo content is also going to improve a lot with an update that should be coming in the next month or two.

Also, the game is fairly alt friendly and most people will end up with a few alts over time. You'll get to play dps & support if it's a game you enjoy and stick with.

It's technically more efficient to do 1-50 as a gunslinger or berserker or something, but if you plan on playing bard anyway the experience is fine. It's also your first time through so you're going to burn a lot of time learning systems and the difference between spending 10hrs and 12hrs on 1-50 if you play optimally won't even be a thing as a result. The difference is minor enough that people who have played thousands of hours still rolled bard as their first character when the western version launched.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 9, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are new Twitch drops starting tomorrow. It's a hat!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Not sure those are hats though.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Not sure those are hats though.
they go on your head

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

It's showtime, folks!

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/rage-with-the-machinist-release-notes

TLDR Summary posted:

-Kakul-Saydon Legion Raid is out, including the early 1385 Rehearsal, and the Training for minigames in Trixion, in addition to the main 1475 raid.
- Scouter Machinist is out.
-1302 Power Pass, contingent on having beaten Punika, is given, expires October 26.
-"We're Not Calling It An Express Event" Express Event to get a character to 1415.
- A couple more things including a clown pet are being added to the event guardian shop. Not one to one with the Maharaka shop going away though, so be careful.
-The boost that gets people up through the early stages of the game has been permanently upped to 1415.
-Thronespire rewards of legendary books and gems need 1445 and 1460 to open.
- 6 more buyable character slots, shop stuff like the new round of skins being added.
-AFK kick vote gone.
-They're changing Fever Time to be more of a thing.
-Server merges are happening, RIP Europe and South America on their maintenance.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 27, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

-1302 Power Pass, contingent on having beaten Punika, is given, expires October 26.

Hell yea

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Really sad we're not getting the balance update from KR, my poor artillerist is in such an awkward spot.

Rest of the patch is awesome though!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hell yeah good update.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Cinara posted:

Really sad we're not getting the balance update from KR, my poor artillerist is in such an awkward spot.

I'm just building my Artillerist alt up to 4x3 in Relic accessories based on the one Crit/Swift Firepower Enhancement guy in Korea that decided he didn't want to switch.

My Arti's going to need a massive overhaul by the time we get to Ancient gear, but then again all my characters will, and it's not for at least another 4 months or so anyway.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, I already had a good setup with legendary jewelry before the balance changes were announced, so I just picked up a set of relic stuff to use post patch. I didn't want to build a 4x3 setup for Relic because I want 5x3(or close) going into Brel on alts. With pheon being this expensive I don't want to buy any more items than I have to.

Top set is what I have now and bottom is my post balance patch set, which can turn into a 5x3 with 1 ring swapped once I decide I want to buy the Barrage books.

Means I will be a bit weaker for Clown but honestly Spec Arti does so much damage it doesn't really matter. Plus this is my potential 5th or 6th Clown character so it likely won't even run week 1 unless the others go fast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cinara posted:

I was really hoping to get the artillerist changes too. I really don't like the barrage playstyle.

But I guess they gotta save something for the time between this patch and the next class :v:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well it was already pretty clear the tripod change wasn't coming with this patch since there has still been no official announcement. So maybe we get that and the balance patch at the same time. But hole crap they need to announce the tripods because it will likely be a full month between whenever they finally do and when the change goes live.

We also have hell Vykas to get at some point to fill out a patch, depends if Brel is gonna be in Nov or Dec.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
gonna reinstall this. poked around a bit and seems like Bard, Gunslinger, and Demonhunter are my top 3 classes. any thoughts on playing them? i'm especially worried about juggling the CDs on Gunslinger, but those mechanics look so satisfying to pull off

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

quote:

-"We're Not Calling It An Express Event" Express Event to get a character to 1415.

Tryhard gamers and content providers dumping four digit figures into mats in the first half a year of NA launch to P2Express ilvl 1350+ while the original abysmal honing probabilities were in effect, will never be unfunny now that the devs are finally playing fast and loose with arbitrary gear progression to retain an echo of a playerbase. Might give this new class a try and a powerpass till peons or prions or whatever currency they use to throttle the market runs out again.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

gonna reinstall this. poked around a bit and seems like Bard, Gunslinger, and Demonhunter are my top 3 classes. any thoughts on playing them? i'm especially worried about juggling the CDs on Gunslinger, but those mechanics look so satisfying to pull off

peacemaker gunslinger cooldowns start to flow really well and i actually think they're easier than my other classes.

however, finding time to sit through the animations is brutal. and for most long animations the final shot does substantially more damage than the rest so you need to try and hit it every time. you can animation cancel with spacebar but then you're really low on movement abilities. you need to swap to pistol and use those moves for mobility.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
oh poo poo they put in hot girl lu bu

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
God drat gate 3 Clown is a huge step up from any raids in the game right now, 1 and 2 were really quite easy but we're gonna have to come back tomorrow to clear. We had one really good attempt at bingo but lost 2 people to being electrocuted into a hammer swing.

Also it's the first fight in the game where Gunlancer is super rough to play, can't wait for Brel where my shield is actually useful again.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I'm hearing that clown raid is unbussable, is that true?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Realistically at this point in time yes, it's not possible to full bus. Gate 3 is the issue, you either need obscene dps to skip the final mario or you need your passenger to be able to finish the first Mario correctly. On top of everyone needing to be able to do the stagger check solo which restricts class selection a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Machinist is fun but dang I really wish they had added this class like 5 months ago when I was still really hype about the game.