Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/jonrosenberg/status/1560153847053664260

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Hyperlynx posted:

In the context of people not knowing the comics, and in the context of "gee Tintin was kind of racist", it doesn't land that way. I imagine especially so for people who haven't read The blue Lotus in the first place.

I haven't read the Blue Lotus and I got the point that they were supposed to be the baddies right away. It's very rare for even racists to paint that kind of bullying as something the good guys do: their power fantasy isn't using their social status to make someone they already have power over more miserable, it's defending themselves (using lethal force, of course) from an ethnic minority who has given them moral justification to escalate.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Whybird posted:

I haven't read the Blue Lotus and I got the point that they were supposed to be the baddies right away. It's very rare for even racists to paint that kind of bullying as something the good guys do: their power fantasy isn't using their social status to make someone they already have power over more miserable, it's defending themselves (using lethal force, of course) from an ethnic minority who has given them moral justification to escalate.

Or be respected as the moral superior and natural leader they imagine themselves to be, a la The Phantom

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Can somebody post the picture of the middle aged white guy standing next to a bomb disposal unit (or whatever), smiling with his hands in his pockets?

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Knormal posted:

Next question: Would a bike work in space?

https://prezi.com/9agy8yzhml-a/rendezvous-with-rama/?frame=afe6ea29e6fe5480f5ec8114d8655b42f95a96bf

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Lincoln posted:

Can somebody post the picture of the middle aged white guy standing next to a bomb disposal unit (or whatever), smiling with his hands in his pockets?

sure, here you go

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What the gently caress is going on with that picture, those are hazmat guys not bomb disposal and it's the height of idiocy to stand anywhere near a hazmat crew working.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've never seen these before. :allears: :lol:

there were lots of them around at one point and they followed whole plot arcs but they kept getting taken down and the original site is long gone

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kwyndig posted:

What the gently caress is going on with that picture, those are hazmat guys not bomb disposal and it's the height of idiocy to stand anywhere near a hazmat crew working.

I think Lincoln was indeed looking for that picture but thought it was a bomb squad instead of folks dealing with asbestos or something that.

Could be that they're undergoing training and there is not actually harmful material nearby. But this is the internet, sometimes things are better without additional context.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Aug 21, 2022

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kwyndig posted:

They don't even have their heads covered apart from the face mask so I doubt it's anything actually hazardous. Could be just something stinky down there, or they're rehearsing and took a photo as a joke.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Could also be that it's something where short exposure isn't dangerous but those guys have to work with it daily so they have to protect themselves.

Like how having an x-ray taken is fine but the one taking it has to go behind a screen because they're doing it every day.

Most likely a dumb "what's the worst that can happen?" boomer though

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The guy is the biohazard

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

steinrokkan posted:

The guy is the biohazard

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Yeah that’s the one. I hadn’t seen it in years and my mind had turned them into like The Hurt Locker guys or something.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7115429586120248618

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
that is shockingly similar to the Crip Walk.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Fat mac is back!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Son, in this house we don't do pointer math on void types. Do you hear me?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Have you considered the possibility that it is an photoshop?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/FvBRZoh.mp4

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"And what service is your service dog trained to perform for you?"

"Tracheotomy."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

God damnit Rex, it's customary to wait until you are starving before you start carving up the body.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

that is shockingly similar to the Crip Walk.

Why do you think he’s dressed in blue?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:orb:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

By popular demand posted:

God damnit Rex, it's customary to wait until you are starving before you start carving up the body.

When's the last time you met a dog that wouldn't characterize itself as starving?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He just wants to get a sample to send back to the lab.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Kwyndig posted:

IIRC the guy in the pink shirt found some space shuttle wreckage from the Columbia disaster on his property and the recovery crew turned up in hazmat suits because that's SOP when picking up space stuff, even if it turns out to be completely inert.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

IIRC the guy in the pink shirt found some space shuttle wreckage from the Columbia disaster on his property and the recovery crew turned up in hazmat suits because that's SOP when picking up space stuff, even if it turns out to be completely inert.

Know Your Meme has this:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Whybird posted:

Oh, huh. Fair enough!

🐶: Oh no! I think my human's dead!
📞: Well, first make sure they're dead.
*stab*
🐶: Ok, then what?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh, huh. Fair enough!

🐶: Oh no! I think my human's dead!
📞: Well, first make sure they're dead.
*stab*
🐶: Ok, then what?

The dog knows the rule:
If she's lying on the floor-a
Stab her with the Mora

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Fister Roboto posted:

He just wants to get a sample to send back to the lab.
:golfclap:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What if we kissed on the gurney inside the minion themed ambulance

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
If that's not a dedicated pediatric truck and showed up if I called 911, I'd rather die.

Same would go for if I pulled up to work and had to work on that monstrosity for a shift.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Is it possible that that ambulance is from/for a children's hospital?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PainterofCrap posted:

Is it possible that that ambulance is from/for a children's hospital?

High probability, but nothing is ever for certain, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Death is certain (in the minions themed ambulance)