Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I bought a seriously tiny German engineered umbrella. Euroschirm Dainty.

Somehow it still covers my mongo shoulderspan when it's deployed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Slimy Hog posted:

Speaking of outdoors, I bought a new pair of approach shoes

what are approach shoes?

I bought flights to go see my brand new granddaughter (:corsair:) and then go to a family reunion. Also bought new glasses. :homebrew:

mystes
May 31, 2006

JPrime posted:

I bought flights to go see my brand new granddaughter (:corsair:) and then go to a family reunion. Also bought new glasses. :homebrew:
They're shoes with grippy soles that are half way between hiking shoes and climbing shoes, usually used for getting to climbing spots.

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

mystes posted:

They're shoes with grippy soles that are half way between hiking shoes and climbing shoes, usually used for getting to climbing spots.

I'm thinking of switching over to hiking shoes from boots. No time before the Zion trip though. Any recommendations for just hiking no climbing?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Valency posted:

I'm thinking of switching over to hiking shoes from boots. No time before the Zion trip though. Any recommendations for just hiking no climbing?

Trail runners with a plate. I like Saucony peregrines.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just another commuter car to join my collection of commuter cars.

Plans are just to keep it as factory as possible, and get a small patch of body work fixed on the driver’s side.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Valency posted:

Trail running shoes with a rock plate (so like any ones that aren't very light duty ones) like bottom liner says are probably one of the best options for hiking in general in normal conditions but really getting ones that fit well is the most important thing. Going to an REI or something and trying them on is probably a good idea, but also, if you know what brand of running shoes fits your feet well you might want to look at their trail running offerings. I have brooks cascadia ones but I got them because I already knew brooks running shoes tend to fit me well, not because they were necessarily reviewed better than similar offerings from the other companies.

There are also shoes specifically marketed for hiking rather than trail running but when you're looking at shoes rather than boots I'm not sure they have much going for them compared to trail running shoes. They tend to be clunky and have features like waterproof membranes which 1) you don't want most of the time and 2) you probably never want in a low-cut shoe.

mystes has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Aug 21, 2022

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought some low top docs

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A roman coin depicting Crispina, the wife of Commodus:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I am very good with money.

A steam deck!

A vacation to use it on!

Booked a trip to visit some friends in Portland. First trip since covid and whatnot. Pretty excited.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Gen 1 Mystery Ranch SATL pack from a friend.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rap Game Goku posted:

A steam deck!

Just got mine the other day! And all I have played are N64 games. It's so fun

Also bought me a real nice automatic knife from Benchmade. I've only ever owned cheap random knvies so to have something higher end is so nice

While I love having books I finally moved to an eReader and man it's great to have. I wish I wasn't so stubborn and got it years ago. Kobo Libra 2

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Those are p dope my goon. What're the top ones?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Those are p dope my goon. What're the top ones?

A Bathing Ape Road STA #3 M2. I've wanted a pair of Bapes since 2005 when I drunkenly stumbled into their Hong Kong store and thought "gently caress me these sneakers are all expensive!"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just make sure to keep them safely contained or you might accidentally end up growing a bape culture

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Rap Game Goku posted:

A steam deck!

I also just made this poor decision.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A Bathing Ape Road STA #3 M2. I've wanted a pair of Bapes since 2005 when I drunkenly stumbled into their Hong Kong store and thought "gently caress me these sneakers are all expensive!"

Slick! I felt the same way about Rick Owens stuff.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That how I got sucked into doing my grad degree. I saw the fancy hats and thought to myself, gently caress I gotta have me one of those
Do not recommend

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A watch.

And also another watch.

I got a nice raise and also I guess I have a birthday soonish and have been coveting this one for a while, figured gently caress it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Shitttt I want a Casio calculator watch

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
A few things. A few things also not pictured here.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

I like weird instant noodle junk as a treat sometimes. I had the regular Peyoung Gigamax a while back and it was good, this one has extra motsuni chunks in it so I'm curious how that works. The dope sounding mackerel version sadly was not available though.
This isn't even the biggest one they are making. There is also the 4000+ kcal pack which I guess is meant to be for a family of 4 to dig in. It even says on the package "DON'T EAT ALONE!", because some people obviously will try to do that.

Grab Im Moor has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Aug 24, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I have seen videos of people trying to eat the 4000k one alone, none of them got even 1/3rd of the way through it.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Yeah doesn't surprise me that hosed up Mukbang creatures try to solo a Petamax, that's like 250g of fat and unholy amounts of sodium, you might die lol.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Merrell Yokota II Waterproof hiking shoes.

A somewhat recent purchase, I've been travelling around Spain for a month and bought these before heading out and they have been the most dead comfortable walking/hiking shoes that I've ever had the pleasure to wear and walk 20km a day in for the past 30 days. They're showing very little signs of wear and tear and have earned a return customer.

Apparently the difference between these and their Moab line is that the Moab has a stiffer sole, more of a serious hiking shoe, but these are an excellent compromise for comfort.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Grab Im Moor posted:

that hosed up Mukbang creatures try to solo a Petamax

This wording alone has me loving losing it.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A used rear subframe for my car.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

🤩 I saw these in my feed a while back and was considering some myself, though I'm not sure I'd actually wear them. Still, you have made a good purchase

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Megabound posted:

Merrell Yokota II Waterproof hiking shoes.

Dude yeah, I got a pair of Merrell and Oboz to keep me sane here in China. Next time you're up for a new pair – give Oboz a try. I think they're actually lighter and more comfortable than the Merrell. But both are awesome.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My sister is trying to move to our city and the rental market is bullshit but there was a lovely condo for sale near us so…my fiancée and I paused our wedding planning for a week to buy it.

It’s right on the subway and the building is in good shape so yolo.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I love that layout. Beautiful windows and porch. Congrats!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Nice condo, dang.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Right on transit, incredible porch with so much light and awesome plant potential? Very jealous, that's a fantastic buy!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ReidRansom posted:

A watch.

And also another watch.

I got a nice raise and also I guess I have a birthday soonish and have been coveting this one for a while, figured gently caress it.

Join us in the Watches thread so we can praise/mock you!

(it's actually the best place on the Internet for watch morons)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Subjunctive posted:

My sister is trying to move to our city and the rental market is bullshit but there was a lovely condo for sale near us so…my fiancée and I paused our wedding planning for a week to buy it.

That's a cool thing you did for your sister. Now you can visit often & enjoy the view.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

evobatman posted:

A used rear subframe for my car.

What car op?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Android Apocalypse posted:

That's a cool thing you did for your sister. Now you can visit often & enjoy the view.

Now hold on, they didn’t say they bought it for her. It could could be the ultimate gently caress you power move.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pretty rude to landlord your own sister, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Subjunctive posted:

That's really nice! Is it Singapore? It looks like Singapore 🤔 I don't know why.